I'm new! Hello! Tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

If you are new / leaving / coming back / going on holiday or whatever, post it in here and ONLY here!

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Lead Admins

Neptune Spear
Civilian
Civilian

I'm new! Hello! Tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

Post by Neptune Spear » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:19 am

Hi all!

I am fairly new to San Andreas Multiplayer, however, I was a Firefighter III on Owl Gaming a while back before I went inactive and stopped role-playing. I eventually got my life figured out and missed role-playing in general, so I looked around, got on Owl Gaming again (after awhile) and noticed it wasn't a vibrant as it once was. So I took a step back and searched for a few days and finally remembered about SA-MP so I looked up SA-MP role-play servers and LS-RP was sorta a instant result on my search.

So I instantly joined the forums and UCP website and decided I want to get back into role-playing. Recently after making my first character and putting tons of effort into it and then it being denied and retrying and it being accepted I haven't really been in-game to play. I have been wanting to log on, however, I just haven't had that motivation to log on and find something to role-play, so I am turning to the community site or forum, to find some ideas or motivation for getting back into role-play!

All tips or ideas and things for a new player to not just SA-MP but LS-RP would be very welcomed and appreciated and I hope that I am not posting in the wrong spots on the community website. If I am I am sorry and ask that this be like transferred? To the correction section on the community thread so I am not taking up space in the wrong like section of the community thread.

Mia
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: I'm new! Hello! Tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

Post by Mia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 am

Faction Forums - illegal (and some legal) factions
Recruitment Announcements - legal faction recruitment (e.g. pd, fd, etc)
Player-Created Guides - guides about how to rp stuff
Faction Guides - more guides
Employment - legal employment opportunities (e.g. working for businesses)
Screenshots and Videos - you can get some rp ideas from here

lsrp can be a little hard to get into for newcomers, but it can be fun once you figure everything out and get an idea of what you wanna rp / who you wanna rp with. just remember you can use /helpme ig if you have any questions about the server.

Frosty3712
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Frosty3712 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Welcome

Petros
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Vernon_Nashville

Post by Petros » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Welcome

kloxin
LS:RP Tester

Post by kloxin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Welcome, I suggest joining a faction as a new player on LSRP as you won't have much fun grinding fishing or trucking, but that may be a good choice for money, for the first few days, you could also try legal roleplay, for example bar tending, etc, etc. Mia did a great job providing you with links to all things you should check out for ideas, etc.

LazyCoder
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: P

Post by LazyCoder » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Welcome bro, you made it to the right community.
" Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. " Colin Powell
" There's Always Gonna Be Another Mission. "
" God is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy. "
" The amount of money that is in your bank at the time of your death is the extra work you did which wasn't necessary. "
" "America's not a country. It's just a business. Now fuckin' pay me. "
" Clarity Is Seeing Things In Blur. "

CASANEGRA

BYGS
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Sebastian Perez

Post by BYGS » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Hey first and foremost welcome to one accepting newcomers community.

For a newcomer to begin it's about what you want to roleplay.
⚫Do you wanna do legal or illegal roleplay?
⚫Do you wanna roleplay solo or in a faction?
In roleplay you can be whatever you want, nobody can judge you as long as it's by the rules. I hope you have read the rules and understood them as getting a record is the worst thing that newcomers experience.

Faction roleplay, doesn't matter if legal or illegal is always fun and I have always been all for towards it, so the tip I can give you is, don't grind money, focus on character development and roleplay, money comes with patience and time.

Return to “I'm new / I'm away / I'm back / I'm leaving”