"You have a fine to be paid!" When connecting

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers, Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers, Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Kepricorn
Mac-10
Mac-10
Ingame name: Dion_Williams

Re: "You have a fine to be paid!" When connecting

Post by Kepricorn » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:04 am

I completely agree to this, it could be very much useful. Avoid getting into trouble when you forget about it.
ban evader since 2009 ROFL

Butters
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Miralem Selimović

Post by Butters » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:09 am

I'm supporting this. I saw some people forget they got fines and the cops bust 'em. This should be a good addition to the server.

RooKmy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by RooKmy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 am

More feedback please!
amir
ex-tester
ex-pd captain

Codeine Caliphate
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Codeine Caliphate » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm

RooKmy wrote:More feedback please!

Rookmy, the choice is your's on this, but I honestly think it's not needed. It should be your own responsibility to remember when you got one or not. Not a script's.

Borys!
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Borys! » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:42 pm

It seems too OOC for me. I would prefer a e-mail or post system instead that would remind your character ICly. For example, a letter from the PD that goes to your house address, or to your e-mail, if that would be implemented.

I'm always against these OOC messages or alerts that pop out of nowhere.

Meir Peretz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Meir Peretz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:03 pm

GreenHaze wrote:

Rookmy, the choice is your's on this, but I honestly think it's not needed. It should be your own responsibility to remember when you got one or not. Not a script's.

Please imagine the following scenario :

You are driving like a maniac to a meeting/going on duty and you are being pulled over by a LEO
you're getting a fine
you proceed with your stuff and totally forget about it

3 weeks later you a getting pulled over once again, and boom - jail - No legal factions for you, no weapon license ..
Rusty Arlington
aka Rust

516 Colonial Blvd. Kings

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Supporting, simple considering even on my alt i've had this problem and im stuck with CSD or a traffic stop for my arrest. Not really bothersome but you know it can help resolve multiple OOC problems from occurring.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Kuznetsov
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Kuznetsov » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:02 pm

I support and also want the message when entering hired or owned house.

Keny
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Keny » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Meir Peretz wrote:
GreenHaze wrote:

Please imagine the following scenario :

You are driving like a maniac to a meeting/going on duty and you are being pulled over by a LEO
you're getting a fine
you proceed with your stuff and totally forget about it

3 weeks later you a getting pulled over once again, and boom - jail - No legal factions for you, no weapon license ..

Script has nothing to do with it, it's your personal fault and you have to care about your fines, this can only push your mind onto it. As I said, PD/SD (whoever pulls you over) has the ability to give you another go and a chance to go and pay immediately, you just have to say I'm sorry and ask nicely.

Absird
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Dan_Baker

Post by Absird » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:56 pm

GreenHaze wrote:

Not entirely true. Normally the end-responsibility lies with the public prosecutor (or district attorney). Though I don't believe LS-RP has one of these.

Borys! wrote:It seems too OOC for me. I would prefer a e-mail or post system instead that would remind your character ICly. For example, a letter from the PD that goes to your house address, or to your e-mail, if that would be implemented.

I'm always against these OOC messages or alerts that pop out of nowhere.

Agreeing with this.

A normal course of action would be for a person to receive a reminder/collection letter if one or more issued fines are overdue. A more urging form of reminding, and usually the next step, would be to send a bailiff to the person's known home address.

Though there's no system for fixed addresses, nor a way to send a letter to a person's home address. I would also imagine the job of a bailiff becoming quite tiresome and dull after a while. I'm not a supporter of automated scripts that replace roleplay either. I think the responsibility of how to deal with an overdue ticket should remain with the issuing department or alternatively be transferred to the Department of Justice.
Dan Baker
Baker Logistics

Pete Tackleberry
Los Santos Port Authority
Security

RooKmy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by RooKmy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you everybody for your feedback and input about this suggestion. As mentioned in some of the posts above, it's the person's responsibility to make sure they pay their fine -- which is exactly why I'm going to forward this suggestion.

We must remember that apart from this game - people have lives and other games. Saying it is a person's responsibility to pay a fine regardless of real-life factors is rather ignorant, since it bluntly disregards the fact that peope have things to do - and remembering somnething from a game you occassionally play is not obvious, nor is it expected from anybody.

Forwarded.
amir
ex-tester
ex-pd captain

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 pm

In most cases, you are informed you have 72 hours to pay a fine but that is generally common knowledge now. I do not believe a script to remind you automatically to pay fines is within sensible bounds for a role-play server — you should handle your tickets in-character.

Return to “Trashed/Old Suggestions”