Raise the limit on robbery.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Shekh
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Poopidy_Skoop

Raise the limit on robbery.

Post by Shekh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm

The amount of money you can rob is unbelievable, you can't make good revenue from robbing. People immediately remove any /clothing if they see people walk up to them so you can't really rob that. Think about it this way: $500 ingame is the same as a pack of cigarettes or a cane.

If you want to RP your character as a rich millionare that goes to bars and hands people bills, but then you get robbed and you can only pay the robber 500, it's really unrealistic. As well as the fact that it's hard to RP around this. You rob someone and every single person you rob ALWAYS has a maximum of 500 of them, you can't RP them having more because you wouldn't be able to rob more than 500.

In conclusion I think the robbery limit should be put up higher, I don't want to rob people, buy some cigs, and boom i'm out of the money I just stole. The robbery limit should be put up to like 5k. Maybe then we would actually have a reason to put money in the bank. The scamming limit is fine because if someone is dumb enough to be scammed of 50k then they should be IC. If someone is dumb enough to carry money around it should be able to be robbed.

Right now the bank is literally only good for savings, most people have majority of their money on hand, but of course we can only RP taking 500.

(If you're going to say "what about savings, you cant deposit/withdraw without harming your savings", i've made a suggestion on that too)

Dropper
Senior Forum Moderator

Re: Raise the limit on robbery.

Post by Dropper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:33 pm

https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5#p8372801
Surreal wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:06 am
Players should be offering good robbery role-play for the role-play interaction involved and the thrill of the risk, not to make bank.
This was something that was discussed along many moons (you are free to search the denied suggestions section, there's too many posts and threads to link), and the above was finally concluded.

You're not bringing much to the table with this suggestion other than the issue of not being able to make money, and it doesn't get any more definitive than a note from server management.

On that note, moving to the corresponding section.

Return to “Trashed/Old Suggestions”