COMMUNITY PRESS RELEASE #JPR-07 - New Chief Public Defender Appointed

Moderators: Lead Admins, Lead Admins

LSC PDO

COMMUNITY PRESS RELEASE #JPR-07 - New Chief Public Defender Appointed

Post by LSC PDO » Sat May 04, 2019 10:04 pm

NEW CHIEF PUBLIC DEFENDER APPOINTED

Release Date: 4/MAY/2019
Written by Press Secretary Kimberly Smith.
Community Affairs Release #JPR-07

Acting Attorney General Juliette Navieux appoints a new Chief to the Public Defender's Office.

The Public Defender's Office has long been a resource with very little publicity and utilization by the public. Today, Acting Attorney General Julliete Navieux appointed attorney Katherine Gayle to the position of Chief Public Defender with the hopes that she'd succeed in ensuring that pro-bono legal resources are being adequately and knowingly made available to those in the State of San Andreas that are unable to afford them.

When asked about her plans for the office Chief Public Defender Katherine Gayle stated "It's my goal to ensure that the Public Defenders Office becomes the viable resource that it's meant to be. I believe that one of the reasons that Public Defenders Office is not being utilized is simply because people aren't aware that the resource is available, and in the past there hasn't been much done to publicize the services available through this office. There are several things that I will need to change and implement to ensure that this office serves its true purpose and does so effectively. I have a long road ahead of me, but I only hope that through my career that with the Public Defender's Office that I help to create a criminal justice system were even the less fortunate receives quality legal representation."

Chief Public Defender Katherine Gayle will be tasked with managing the day to day operations of the Public Defender's Office and it's resources as of 04/MAY/2019.

Return to “SADOJ Press Release”