The "Nomads" (ModPack Released!)

Archive for dead / inactive faction topics.

Moderators: Game Admins, Faction Management, Lead Admins

Fakjaw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The "Nomads" (ModPack Released!)

Post by Fakjaw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 pm

The often dubbed “Nomads”, are a small community of homeless people who slowly make their way from one city to the other in order to find a better way of life, for their means. They try to remain underground while doing the city’s dirty work in order to maintain themselves. This is done by a “cloak-and-dagger” method, aimed to be low-profile and surreptitious. They perform simple errands for people such as cleaning and running groceries, but also more dangerous tasks such as scouting/espionage, drug running and on extremely rare occasions, homicide.
Reputations inside of the “Nomads” determine the share of the earnings the individuals acquire, and the respect they have within the “community”.
Although fairly blended into the city, the “Nomads” try to stay clear of the public as to not reveal their true identity.

Ranging from Las Venturas to San Fierro and more, they are now located mostly in Los Santos, using the old LSHCC complex as their main shelter, providing them with a roof above their heads.

LSHCC – The History

LSHCC after opening.

As any other big city, Los Santos has always had its share of homeless people. People who lost their homes, their lives, and only have the streets to live in. Some of them are physically and/or mentally damaged. Lost track of the meaning of life, they roam the streets of Los Santos aimlessly in search of making it through the day, scavenging anything of use.
The government of Los Santos recognized this as a social problem, and founded the “Los Santos Homeless Community Center”.

Located in Idlewood, it was a non-profit institute funded by the government providing shelter and the bare essentials for the homeless. It offered new light into the lives of the many street-people by giving them a chance at a new life. Word of this soon spread out over Los Santos and the shelter swiftly grew in numbers. Bringing the homeless together made them feel loved and part of society again, finally having a place called "home".

The LSHCC offered a series of health-projects to help the people with their physical and/or mental conditions. This gave them a step closer to being on their own feet again.
As a part of making the homeless self-sufficient again the community center provided the sheltered people with jobs. The project proved to be very successful, and a big percentage of the once helpless “street-rats” where off to a new chance at life.
After years of good service, the community center got cut of its funds when the government had a financial crisis. All expendable institutes and projects where immediately aborted to save resources, this included the homeless shelter. Relying only on donations it soon struck bankruptcy and had to close down, leaving the once sheltered people homeless again.
LSHCC present day.

Other improvised shelters in the area of Idlewood are also a part of their network, providing them with a “roof” above their heads.
Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
(Free-of-Choice)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

To join you have to hang around with us ICly, there are no OOC applications. Prove yourself to be a good RPer and you’ll have a definite chance of being “invited”.

RP
At first, RPing a hobo seems like one big joke or even a waste of time. But I invite you to atleast give it a try, then you will see how liberating it is. You don’t have to worry about restraining responsibilities; you can go where you want whenever you want to (as a group off course). RPing as one has showed to be allot of fun and a one-of-a-kind experience.

Creating the character
As an aid in creating your homeless character's personality etc., visit this Guide Thread

Rules
1. This faction is based on realism. It's very important that you don't goof around, always RP realisticly. We cannot stress this enough.
2. Always ignore provokers and trollers. A part of becoming/being an acknowledged faction is to ignore the people who troll us for, what they see as, our stereotypical image. If the harassment isn't properly RP'd, don't respond to it and don't complain in /b.
3. Don’t overkill begging. It is RPly realistic for a hobo to ask for money every so often, but don’t go and do it every time you see a human being.
4. Always respect the members within the faction OOC'ly, being disrespectful, racist or discriminate will most likely result in a "kick" from the faction.

Appearances
To help create your character, we offer a selection of photo’s of “bums” that you can use for your UCP profile. You can pick one out that matches your IG character’s appearance. Pm me with your chosen skin and I will send you some matching photo's, which you can then photoshop if wanted.

(Please note that this concept is still in "beta", information might be added and/or removed.)

--------A note to the public/outsiders!--------

One of the most annoying things we experience is people who go "HEY LOOK, IT'S THE HOBO GANG! / OH HEY GUYS WHATSUP!!1! / YOU GUYS SMELL! etc.

The aim of this faction is to realistically RP a homeless person and it would help a great amount if the public would treat us as such individuals. As in; not coming up to us on a whim or start following us around for example.

Just imagine how you would treat/respond to a homeless person in reality. We would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by Fakjaw on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Fakjaw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mods

Post by Fakjaw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Note: Most of the bugs, including crabhands are fixed. The screens where taken before the fixes.

Download

Credits:

R*
KOHDYKTOP
Jake
Cesar -TRP
Fakjaw
Kronica

The LSHCC

Download

Credits:

R*
Fakjaw
Last edited by Fakjaw on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 19 times in total.

-Owen
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: Souls of the Streets (Homeless Community) [Unofficial]

Post by -Owen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Hmm, I may make a homeless faction. Lets see how it works out!

Mr.Swatman
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mr.Swatman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Looks interesting, so it's a hobo faction?
GL!
Last edited by Mr.Swatman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronica
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kronica » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Looks cool, good luck to you.

Fonza
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Aldo Auditore

Post by Fonza » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Looks good, good luck with this!

Dope
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dope » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:24 pm

nice!! good luck
Haters always get Owned!!, Want proof?
[spoiler]http://tinyurl.com/6b3tgb[/spoiler]

Silent.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Silent. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Haha, can't wait for the SS.

Fred
Mal Educado
Mal Educado
Ingame name: Luke Watudid

Post by Fred » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Good luck.
"Protest is when I disagree with this and that, resistance is when I do something about it"

-Ulrike Meinhof

Soap
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Soap » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I've always relished the idea of homeless factions, they have a lot of potential which some people may not care to recognise. I think that one of the downfalls is that some of the previous hobo factions have simply focused on entertaining and being more of a comedy act than a solid, sustainable faction. Whilst you say you're not a criminal organisation, you should try and cover as much ground as you can and act as the 'eyes and ears' of the streets. One of your sources of income to fund your 'minimalistic lives' could be to sell information on the street to people who want it. You guys can technically be anywhere at any time, so my guess is that just by listening in to conversation you'd be able to find out a lot.

P.s I would take 'Homeless Community' and [Unofficial] out of the topic name, to me it looks messy and the information you've provided in the title is easily obtained from just reading the first post.
Joseph ''Dynamite Joe'' Donohue

''They would rise from the gutters of America’s greatest cities. Through corruption, violence, and general charm the Irish mob rules the underworld. For over 150 years they would battle the mafia, the government and at times each other and a nation will be drenched in blood.'’
[quote="Damian"]I can't thank you guys enough.....The faction the server loved to hate[/quote]

PhillyBlunt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Back from the dead

Post by PhillyBlunt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Oh, so it was you guys that stole my car :D haha, good luck with this.

Arthur
Gringo Loco
Gringo Loco

Post by Arthur » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Pretty nice theard, Good luck with that ! Be careful, you're based in Idlewood :lol:

Omaha
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Tommy Hawick

Post by Omaha » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 pm

The defender likes this!
Alone Forever - Forever Alone

Token.
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: GUILLEN

Post by Token. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Soap wrote:I've always relished the idea of homeless factions, they have a lot of potential which some people may not care to recognise. I think that one of the downfalls is that some of the previous hobo factions have simply focused on entertaining and being more of a comedy act than a solid, sustainable faction. Whilst you say you're not a criminal organisation, you should try and cover as much ground as you can and act as the 'eyes and ears' of the streets. One of your sources of income to fund your 'minimalistic lives' could be to sell information on the street to people who want it. You guys can technically be anywhere at any time, so my guess is that just by listening in to conversation you'd be able to find out a lot.

P.s I would take 'Homeless Community' and [Unofficial] out of the topic name, to me it looks messy and the information you've provided in the title is easily obtained from just reading the first post.

I've heard something about that once, cops paying homeless people/hobos to find out about things and sometimes they even "work" for the cops and only give their info to them. Also paparazzi uses hobos, they buy them a phone and tell them to sit somewhere and once they spot something interesting they call them and the paparazzi got their news story. Would be awesome if you did one of those things.

Good Luck!

Omaha
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Tommy Hawick

Post by Omaha » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Soap wrote:I've always relished the idea of homeless factions, they have a lot of potential which some people may not care to recognise. I think that one of the downfalls is that some of the previous hobo factions have simply focused on entertaining and being more of a comedy act than a solid, sustainable faction. Whilst you say you're not a criminal organisation, you should try and cover as much ground as you can and act as the 'eyes and ears' of the streets. One of your sources of income to fund your 'minimalistic lives' could be to sell information on the street to people who want it. You guys can technically be anywhere at any time, so my guess is that just by listening in to conversation you'd be able to find out a lot.

That's actually a really, really good idea. We will take that into concideration.

Would also like to say, we do not accept people that just take HOBO's character's as a joke. We do have a high standard of roleplay and such. Over the few days you may see screenshots and such of the roleplay.
Alone Forever - Forever Alone

Return to “Faction Forum Archive”