These facilities currently house approximately 1,239 residents, 63% of which are above the age of 21. The last consensus performed on the project residents in 1991 statistically showed that over 62% of the residents were unemployed, 78% were actively administered in social security programs, and 7% seeking social security. 53% of residents had not achieved a grade twelve education.
The project is predominantly African American, and is known for the prevalence of street crime and gang affiliation among its respective residents. In the coming years, the area has seen rise to the "Hoover Criminals" street gang, comprised of former "crip" affiliates, have named themselves after the surrounding area. Subsets of the street gang dominate the area, being the most prominent street gang in central Ganton.
The Gibson facilities fall under the jurisdiction of the Los Santos Police Department, the nearest operating station being just north, in Jefferson. Students residing in the projects would attend Grape Primary School from K-9, high school education being received from Los Santos High School, just due west of the facility.
In the past three years, homicide rates have been increasing steadily. Civil Servant and project resident Louis Hathaway added his input to the matter in 2014, as a direct address during a Housing Authority of Los Santos to resident meeting: "The kids are goddamn [sic] everywhere, roaming about, doing whatever they please. We need more police presence, and we need the goddamn [sic] truancy bylaws".
The area surrounding the facilities are known as the Gibson Gardens, wherein many residents congregate and partake in the local activities offered by the municipal government. The Gardens contain a basketball court, a parking area, benches, and well as a picnic area. The gardens are often the site of public discussion between the Housing Authority and residents. The question of municipal bylaws regarding curfews served in the gardens has been discussed by the local government in 2014, although no updates have been released regarding the implementation of such laws since the first discussion was held.
Allies & Rivals
516 Gibson Gardens Hoover Criminals, received support from Mara Salvatrucha 13, during their rivalry with the Belden Heights Imperial Gangsters and Tortilla Flats Locotes. Currently the rivalry with both of the street gangs is over. After the downfall of Mara Salvatrucha and the Imperial Gangsters, the Hoover Criminals had no reason to go against the Locotes. Currently their enemies are the neighboring crip gang Rolling 60s, and the gang in the northern part of the city, Rolling 40s. Although Beverly Bloods and Hoovers were at some point bitter rivals, currently the bloods are the last of Hoover's worries, especially with the latest alliance with the 18th Street Cycowood. 516 Gibson Gardens Hoover Criminals were obviously allied with their sub-set, located at Jefferson Courts, called the 107 Watts Hoover Criminals before its downfall. Hoover Criminals are mostly in good terms with Hispanic street gangs, such as the 18th Street Idlewood Cycos, but are currently in a turf war with the Willowfield 18th Street, over the Ganton 24/7 corner.
Name: Marcus Orpheus.
Height: 5' 9''.
Weight: 160 lbs.
Marcus Orpheus, going by his street name O.G. Mack, was found dead tonight, 02/09/2000, by East Broadway, East LS, having 3 7.62×39mm rounds go through his chest and hip. Witnesses in the area have said nothing about the shooting, stating that they were either inside or were at work when this happend. The deceased male had a tattoe reading "HOOVER CRIMINALS" on the lower side of his right chest, which leads the members of the police department to label this murder as gang related. Currently the Gang Unit is investigating the case, but it is unlikely for them to get far, with no witnesses or any evidence.
Photography of one's of O.G Mack's memoriums.
He is known to be an influencial figure in the area, helping young African Americans financially. Although he is known to help, police and linking his name to numerous other investigations that were dropped off due to the lack of evidence. There are numerous warrants linked to Marcus's name. The Chief of Police stated that he has been looking for Marcus for over two months, after his unsuccessful robbery which ended up with Marcus going on a double cop homicide and the loot staying in the corner store.
Murder scene of Marcus. FBI investigation.
SANN wrote:It is seen that after the murder on 02/09/2000, people are starting to flee East LS, taking refuge in Seville Boulevard, an area that is isolated from major roads and has nothing to offer for itself other than the basketball court. Why would anybody want to live in a place like this? We don't know.
Playa Del Seville.
But it seems that the shooting on 02/09/2000 is related to this somehow. Officers say that the murder rate steadily rises as people move to Playa Del Seville, and that Seville is currently turning All Black, with 86 percent of the population African American, 8 percent Hispanic, 4 percent caucasian and 2 percent Eastern Asian. The 14 percent that don't happen to be African American, are usually calling police officers about noise complaints, and possible gang activity. There are numerous reports stating that the police never showed up, although the residents dialed 911 numerous times, and were left without any hope for help.
LS Times wrote:Lately we were noticing changes in who lives in Ganton. As we notice the downfall of the notorious Mara Salvatrucha 13, we notice how Ganton is getting packed with African Americans, and surprisingly, for now, they are able to control the territory. Who are these African Americans who were able to grasp this turf from such a long distance? We do not yet know. But it is obviously seen how swiftly the Seville murder rate drops and how swiftly it rises in Ganton, after we see different types of graffiti found in the new occupied area, and we find numerous reports of people missing.
Picture of a hoover criminals' street tag.
Picture of a crips' street tag.
These two tags in the area seem to have been causing lots of trouble. As time goes on, more and more people are seen wearing the same type of clothing and the same colors, one blue, one orange. And more and more dead bodies are turning up - Nothing can be done about it. A man who goes by the alias "Ghost" was hauled out of the house, who was part of neither gang, and questioned by the Los Santos Narcotics Unit, and they were not able to take a single word from him. Currently they are trying to start a case against one of the owners of the two organizations, but they are unsuccessful. The population lives in constant fear of someone breaking into their house and harming them for something that goes on the street as "Snitching", so it is impossible to take a single word out of them.
LS Times wrote:Recently, we have been having reports of dead K9s lying in the Ganton Area, especially in the Ganton Blue Projects. People are saddened by all these deaths, and are asking for police officials to get involved in fighting against the dog abusers, who are, as experts have investigated, using the dogs as a way of gambling. People in this area, believe it or not, are using dogs to earn money. They put two fierce animals and cause them to fight over food inside the ring, which is usually a small cage.
Picture of a deceased dog found around Ganton.
Videos of these dog fights are often found on Social Media sites, such as Tracebook. The amount of money that spins in this business is unknown, but it is reaching tops. In the latest bust, there was around 10,000 USD found on the 10-15 people that were betting during the dog fights. It is known that these dog fights are ran by one person, although everybody gets a piece of the profit. Now the people in charge of this are more cautious, not doing their fights out in the open.
In the Out Of Character area, there are rules and tips that you'll have to respect and obligatory fulfill in order to join this faction. Not respecting them and/or breaking them you force us in kicking you out.
- Before joining this faction make sure you create an account on our forums: http://hoovercriminals.com/index.php
- To post screenshots you need permission. Check this topic for more information http://hoovercriminals.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=148
- Upon joining this faction you ultimately give us the chance to Character Kill you if you we find you breaking In Character rules or not respecting the faction high ranked members or any affiliated member.
- Being jumped in can take as long as the leaders consider it needed and find you ready enough to be part of the faction and represent it In Game, being sure you'll not break any rules (IC'ly or OOC'ly).
- Flaming the Out of Character chat will force us into punishing you severely. Out of Character chat is kept at MINIMUM! Not respecting this rule, you'll face severe circumstances.
- Trolling around and not giving a damn about RolePlay entirely is an ultimate kick from the faction and blacklist, giving you no chance to return with a different/same character.
- Being an affiliated member of the faction, you're obliged to develop your character and evolve it's skills, feelings, everything, exactly as it'd happen In Real Life.
- Following and respecting the server rules and administrators/testers is OBLIGATORY. Not following this rule, is blacklist and kick from our faction.
- You're found to stick to our area of operations only. Leaving Ganton because "I'm the only person online" or similar comments, will lead to you being punished both IC'ly and OOC'ly.
- Remain realistic and roleplay fear. This is something obligatory, so don't find yourself walking into another hood and act like you're the toughest person just because you're an Hoover and we're Everybody Killers. No, keep it realistic, even the toughest african-american individuals are afraid of walking into an enemy or even random hood.
- Planning in faction hopping and hood hopping both IC'ly and OOC'ly is FORBIDDEN here. Planning to join and do such a thing, will result into you being banned from the faction and not having the chance of joining it again.
- This faction requires you to have only ONE alt, which of course it's your faction one and it's gonna be your main as long as you're trying to get affiliated or already are.
- If gotten yourself affiliated with Hoovers, it'd be a great opportunity for you to make an alt account(level 1-2) and try and roleplay it at least half an hour daily as a DRUG ADDICT. This will increase the flow and prosperity of drugs around the set.
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wm2jyiw8t98elyi/HooverPack.rar
Download link: http://www.upload.ee/files/4514667/HooverTagsByNevermore.rar.html
Private forums: http://hoovercriminals.com/index.php
- Hoover Criminals - Everybody Killers (Gangland)
- Hoover Criminals LA
- Hoover Criminals - Article
- How to roleplay a hoover
- Each rank duty
Credits: GFX - FlipFlop/original doorkicker
Modpack - Trone, Nevermore
Story - RegulatioN & Ibrahim_Azerbaijan