Nortenos and their LSRP failures.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Lead Admins

Florida
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Felony_Flyers

Re: Nortenos and their LSRP failures.

Post by Florida » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Este wrote:Everytime a Norteno faction opens up in the city, it's an excuse for all Sureno sets to go on a DM fest and attack every time possible and travel half way across the City just to say "New norteno set open? Attack attack"

Neither wonder most leaders/members leave because the first thing they want to do is get guns to defend themselves from constant attack, instead of being able to focus on the Role play within the hood itself and not rely on having to constantly go out buying guns to stop attacks.

lol. It's incredible how fast this happens once a faction thread is posted too. Within 24 hours you'll have surenos driving through the neighborhood 4-deep.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Este
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Este » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Yeah, and with the unbalanced Norteno/Sureno sets on this server would be just merely impossible for a simple Norteno gang to set up within the usual areas within Los Santos. If there was to be one opening, they'd need a strong member base with leaders who are capable of handling the pressures of being constantly harassed by the Sureno factions itself.

I personally wouldn't mind setting one up like I said, but I just don't think the idea of a Norteno gang would attract strong members who would actually be interested in sticking it for the long run. And would leave the leadership high and dry.

Drunkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Drunkey » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I believe if one was to set up in Blueberry and grow a strong member base you could eventually move into LS. All you really need is at least 5 or so strong liable RPers to start yoy off with and eventually grow off of that if the leader is capable of withstanding the slow periods.
"Don't Slip, Don't Slide, Nazi Low Ride."

The Outlaw
Jack Boy
Jack Boy

Post by The Outlaw » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Drunkey wrote:I believe if one was to set up in Blueberry and grow a strong member base you could eventually move into LS. All you really need is at least 5 or so strong liable RPers to start yoy off with and eventually grow off of that if the leader is capable of withstanding the slow periods.

But how would a bunch of Hispanic teenagers growing up in the town of Blueberry suddenly appear in a neighborhood that they didn't grow up in? There's more to factions then just getting members and picking a location.

tw1ster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by tw1ster » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm

There's going to be one that will come along some day and stick it out for the long run, but ever since Locotes I think people have generally stuck to Sureno RP because of it's success and continuing success along LS:RP.

The Patriarch
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by The Patriarch » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Las Colinas would be a terrible spot for a Norteno faction.
1 Peter 2:17

Drunkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Drunkey » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 pm

The Outlaw wrote:
Drunkey wrote:I believe if one was to set up in Blueberry and grow a strong member base you could eventually move into LS. All you really need is at least 5 or so strong liable RPers to start yoy off with and eventually grow off of that if the leader is capable of withstanding the slow periods.

But how would a bunch of Hispanic teenagers growing up in the town of Blueberry suddenly appear in a neighborhood that they didn't grow up in? There's more to factions then just getting members and picking a location.

I know how factions work but there will always be a way to expand to a different location.
@Patriarch - Explain?

EDIT: Really enjoying everybody's responses.
"Don't Slip, Don't Slide, Nazi Low Ride."

Quirii
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Quirii » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Este wrote:Las Colinas is one of those areas that don't attract many people.

Hold your horses there, Las Colinas has alot of options and had some great factions aswell, think of Quincy Avenues and Gallows Hill. Plus, you can go down the hill where stuff happens such as the motel.
I came, I saw

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 am

Breaking trends in LS:RP takes time, blood and tears.

It's not impossible, though.
Last edited by Conspiracy on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

DS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DS » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 am

Los Colinas is not a good area for Nortenos. Do people simply forget that Mexican Mafia has a presence there?

Este
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Este » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 am

Quirii wrote:
Este wrote:Las Colinas is one of those areas that don't attract many people.

Hold your horses there, Las Colinas has alot of options and had some great factions aswell, think of Quincy Avenues and Gallows Hill. Plus, you can go down the hill where stuff happens such as the motel.

Evilside Pecadores
Gallow Hills

And probably's other factions that have tried to base themselves in and around that area. Not enough activity around there these days. Apart from the odd few cruisers/taxis. Evilside was a Norteno gang which I was in too and it didn't work out in that area. But that's just my opinion.

Micklo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Micklo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 am

It's probably the leadership because why Norteno factions don't last long. They require motivated leaders, and stable core members if they're ever a chance for those factions to work. I had an idea to do this, but as someone had mention Sureno factions will be ordered by the Mexican Mafia to go after them constantly. If I was going to do this I'd start a Nuestra Familia faction first inside prison with people who like this type of role play different from Surenos.
Can anybody tell me why it's Surs over Norte? Don't give me that "There's no Nortenos in LA" please.

Well, for me I always thought it originated back when South Side Locotes started. Ever since then there's been a massive influence on the whole LS-RP community to continue to make Sureno based factions from real life, or made up ones while following a realistic concept. If someone made hard effort into making a Norteno faction they out to have a strong influence in this server. Like a balance of Sureno and Norteno gangs and a Nuestra Familia faction in prison. Sureno gangs are gonna continue to be created more likely than Norteno factions till they actually receive motivated leaders and stable core members.

Osama Bin Ridin'
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Viet Khan.

Post by Osama Bin Ridin' » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:14 am

I would personally love to be in a Norte faction again, I think one thing is the area though, they dont HAVE to be on the northern parts of the map, which receive far less attention, then the constant unprovoked attacks and the falling member base but since this thread up i'm sure someone will get the idea to spring one up again, if that does happen drop me a pm.

Este
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Este » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 am

Yeah exactly, people say they have to be in the North, of course they don't. They can base themselves wherever they want.
But in an area that they would have that sort of freedom to role play instead of being a block away from Surenos (Even though it'll still end up in conflict within hours of the thread being up)

Regardless, more people talk about it the more I want it to happen.

Marshall
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Marshall » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:23 am

I would love to see a norteno faction, and no, they don't belong to Las Colinas
Joshua Varela Retired

Return to “Archive”