For community exposure and to ensure all rules are easily accessible, I have placed our "Legal Faction Rules" (previously found under Rules of Engagement on this forum
and on PD/SD faction forums) in our IG Rules thread under number 13
. These are server rules that apply to factions like the LSPD and the SASD and they must be followed at all times by any and all faction members. The rules in black are currently active, and the M4 rule at the bottom (blue) was introduced today as a result of a Level 4+ Admin Meeting, and will become active after the 15th of August, 2016.
You can read the current listing of Legal Faction Rules here, for your convenience:
13. Legal Faction Rules
The following rules apply specifically to Legal Factions, for example: LSPD & SASD:
Tire shooting is only to be used as an absolute last resort and is only permitted when:
- The pursued suspect(s) are actively shooting at you or others from a vehicle
- The suspect(s) are immediately pursued after shooting at you or others at a scene
There will be no other exceptions or special conditions to tire-shooting.
- Drive-by with a bean bag is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Players driving on motorcycles should not be bean-bagged unless stationary or very slow.
- Players driving on BMXs or other bicycles are allowed to be bean-bagged.
- If a suspect is actively armed with a firearm, beanbags are not to be used. No exceptions.
- Beanbags should only be used as an absolute last resort in brawls if baton/pepperspray fail.
M4/Assault Rifle Usage - **ACTIVE FROM 15/AUG/2016**
- Not to be used on players in water.
- Not to be used on suspects actively brandishing a firearm. No exceptions are made.
- Tazers are not a replacement for bean-bag shotguns and vice versa.
M4/Assault Rifles may only be used to:
- Return fire in an active drive-by
- Match suspect(s) weaponry (MP5/AK47/M4/Rifle), only when confirmed to be seen or at any point visible.
The usage of M4s cannot be manipulated or waived by any faction rank authority. If a faction wishes to further restrict the usage of M4s internally, that is permitted. Faction supervisors are to exercise their judgement to prevent inappropriate overuse - for example: 1 armed suspect vs 6 LEOs with 6 M4s is an inappropriate ratio. Tactical team deployments (SWAT or SED) are the only exception to this rule, and may use ARs at their own discretion when deploying in the field.
We will be assessing how the M4 restrictions play out, and may implement more exceptions or adjustments to this rule in the future if needed. Those changes will come when a need for usage is demonstrated through practical examples, and not on the basis of what is "assumed" is needed without the above rules being trialed first.
If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to contact:
1. ObZen (Head of Legal Factions)
2. Pitchounette (Head of Factions)
3. Surreal (Server Management)