Important information will be posted here, news and old global announcements.
Moderators: Lead Developers, Lead Admins
- Wannabe Don
- Posts: 1188
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:21 am
Judiciary Recruitment: Become a Judge of the Courts of San Andreas
The Judiciary of San Andreas is currently accepting
applications for the position of entry-level judge. As a judge, a successful candidate will be hearing civil and criminal cases brought forth in the Courts of San Andreas, with the power to make decisions and issue orders that are binding with the full power of law. Judges are also expected to review warrant applications, restraining order applications, injunction requests and more. Successful judges may eventually be promoted to the role of Associate Justice, in which they will hold an active seat on the Supreme Court of San Andreas.
This is an extremely important position for the server, working largely independently under the IC/OOC oversight of the Governor and server management, and it requires a significant amount of trust on both IC and OOC levels.
- Must have been a member of Los Santos Roleplay for at least 12 months.
- Must have at least four months of experience in the LSPD, the SASD or other law enforcement related faction. (Alternate experience may be substituted if deemed relevant, if you can demonstrate an accurate understanding of their policies, structure & procedures.)
- Experience in illegal roleplay is also encouraged.
- Must be able to maintain and roleplay a realistic judge character with the image of American law in mind.
- Must have had a certified San Andreas Bar license on any character for three months or more. (Alternative experience may be substituted if deemed relevant, if you can demonstrate an accurate understanding of San Andreas law, Court procedures and due process.)
- You do not have to use a currently certified attorney character to apply, if you have a prior character that meets the requirements. A new character can be created for this position with a new Bar license issued accordingly if deemed appropriate.
- Must be able to think logically and analyze situations/documents in detail. Critical thinking is a must.
- Must maintain a decent administrative record on the server. All prior administrative punishments must be explained in detail unless they were voided by an administrator. (The presence of kicks, admin jails or bans on an admin record does not automatically disqualify a candidate, though they could affect eligibility at the discretion of the Judiciary.)
- Ability to understand the role and duties of a judge on the server and in real American law, with ability to differentiate between the two.
- Ability and willingness to actively research San Andreas law and real American laws.
- Ability to work with others and contribute as a member of a team.
- Willingness to remain active, to take cases as they become available and to be assigned to cases at the discretion of the Judiciary chain of command.
- Corruption as a judge, both in-character and out-of-character, is not tolerated unless specifically approved through a strict chain of command.
- Must be able to remain impartial and fair during cases, with the ability to equally measure both sides and limit personal bias.
- Must be able to recuse themselves from a case if significant conflict of interest, both IC and OOC, would hinder the ability to properly handle the hearing.
- The character you apply with must maintain a clean criminal record.
- References from legal faction leaders, staff members or other prominent community members are preferred but are not required. Include a copy of these references in your application.
- Ability to understand that your decisions may be overridden during the appellate process.
- Must be able to reasonably maintain a professional IC and OOC working relationship with other legal factions and illegal factions.
- The Judiciary does not have a limit on other legal or illegal factions you can be a part of, provided that you maintain proper judge activity, you avoid conflicts of interest and you keep internal Judiciary information confidential.
- Ability to properly place orders and other important information on legal documents in a concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to review arrest warrant applications, search warrant applications, restraining order applications, injunction requests, subpoena requests, etc. in a timely manner.
- This position grants you access to internal Judiciary forums as well as internal forums of other legal factions. You must have the ability to keep all confidential information private.
- Ability to make reasonable exceptions to the standard Court rules when appropriate, in the interest of justice.
- Must regularly review active cases, closed cases, the San Andreas Rules of Court and the San Andreas Public Law Library.
- Must be able to make important and difficult decisions independently with little to no supervision if necessary.
- Though the Courts are largely a forum project, you must be able to go in-game and maintain a Judiciary presence when needed, to include reaching out to the community and outside agencies.
- Must be able to act as a mediator in cases, to include regulating disputes and shutting down arguments when necessary.
- Judges have the power to order arrests for contempt of court. Judges must be able to manage this power appropriately and not abuse it.
To apply, send your application to MoralesLSRP
with the following format:
Code: Select all
[b]LSRP Forum Username:[/b]
[b]Character you are applying with:[/b]
[b]Do you have any current or former Bar certified characters? How long were they Bar certified? Have you done anything significant as a lawyer that you would like us to review?[/b]
[b]Complete list of prior characters, including all names previously used:[/b]
[b]Screenshot of complete administrative record for all characters:[/b]
[b]Estimated length of time as a member of the server:[/b]
[b]All prior and current legal and illegal faction memberships, along with estimated length of membership:[/b]
[b]Explain any formal IC or OOC disciplinary actions you have received in any legal faction on any character, including any current or former faction bans:[/b]
[b]If you do not meet the minimum requirements listed in the guidelines, please explain why we should consider you for the position. Include an explanation of how your experience sufficiently substitutes for the requirements:[/b]
[b]Why should we select you for this specialized team? What qualities make you a prime candidate?:[/b]
[b]Explain all prior administrative punishments here, including what you learned from the experience and how you have improved if applicable:[/b]
[b]Explain any supplemental experience you think is important, to include any efforts you've made to contribute to the community:[/b]
[b]Explain any real life experience in law, emergency services or related fields here:[/b]
Applications are placed into a pool. No response is guaranteed. You will be contacted if further information is needed or if you are selected.
- Posts: 20572
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 pm
- Location: Australia
Originally posted here: viewtopic.php?f=495&t=646051
But added as a forum announcement for server awareness at request, since it usually resides in a low traffic forum section.
If you are interested in pursuing a role as a Judge on the server, then please reach out to MoralesLSRP with an application as listed above.
This announcement will be listed temporarily. After that, you should visit the Courts of San Andreas forum section for any other information.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users