Account names, ls-rp.com, lsgov.us

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Lead Admins, Lead Developers, Lead Admins, Lead Developers, Lead Admins

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Account names, ls-rp.com, lsgov.us

Post by Mmartin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:15 am

Hey all,

As you might already be aware, both ls-rp.com and lsgov.us have previously expired after they weren't renewed. We were worried they'd fall into the wrong hands and put our players at risk, or whoever would end up registering them would extort us. Luckily, we came to an agreement with the domain squatter who had them and bought them off; they're both in our possession now! (Well almost, lsgov.us is still waiting to be transferred).

The plan is to transition back to them - yes, just as everyone's already gotten used to the .io! But it won't happen right away. I'll move lsgov.us back as soon as it's fully in my hands, but as for the .com domain -- I'll wait until my pet project that I've mentioned in a couple of these posts is finished, and move back to it then. All in all, should be this year anyway.

You can already connect to the server using server.ls-rp.com.

Accounts
For my aforementioned project to work, we're changing the allowed characters in (main) account names. They'll be bit more limited, but still plenty to choose from -- those of you, whose name wouldn't be considered valid will see a notification on your UCP within a couple of days, with an automated option to change your name without the need for staff help.
Image Mmartin
Development Team SA-MP Tester Team

no longer on absence, actually I haven't been for a bit

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development

Re: Account names, ls-rp.com, lsgov.us

Post by Mmartin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Starting September 2018, we're introducing a new standard for account names. The requirements are:
  • At least 3 characters long
  • Max. 20 characters long
  • Allowed characters are: 0-9, a-z, A-Z, [], (), $ @ . _ and =
If your name doesn't match, you'll see a big red alert when you visit the UCP, with instructions on how to change it automatically.
Image Mmartin

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development

Post by Mmartin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am

Quick notes because they don't really warrant their own posts:

- TeamSpeak was updated to latest version last night, those of you who couldn't connect should be able to now.
- Password security was upgraded on the UCP, please relog for the changes to take effect.
Image Mmartin

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development

Post by Mmartin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 am

As I mentioned in one of my previous threads, importing characters into your account is now disabled. It wasn't possible to play on exported accounts for a while, and exporting's been disabled for two months now; if you only recently came back to LS-RP and wish to import an old character, it might be possible through a request in the future, but for now you're out of luck.
Image Mmartin

Return to “Announcements”