The Anniversary Update (12.0.0)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Lead Admins

YRNJola
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: The Anniversary Update (12.0.0)

Post by YRNJola » Wed May 22, 2019 12:14 am

Irwin_Gillespie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 pm
nobody:

literally nobody:

developers: lets add drug decaying
the point of the update is to motivate people to sell and use their drugs, the only reason people have a problem with it is because they want to keep 20 ounces of coke in their car for no apparent reason

Baby Rambo
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Baby Rambo » Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 am

Gallagher wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:02 pm
Baby Rambo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Shekh wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm
literally nobody asked for the drug decaying system bruh..there's so much stuff in approved and u guys are adding stuff that are negatively affecting playerbase.
This aswell. Personally I'm done with selling drugs after I get rid of the current drugs I have, like realistically where are these drugs 'disappearing' to? Is there a rat infestation invading in Los Santos and the rats are all junkies eating drugs? Like cmon now, I do agree that some of these features are absolutely pointless to have in but to control the drug economy even more so on the server.

It's a no from me chief, but it's an 'alright' update

Edit: Why wasn't Marijuana effected with this update?
weed isn't included as FM wants to encourage a more widespread usage of the drug.

this script development wasnt created for the purposes of realism, although is is a knock on effect of the script. the removal of old stockpiles will encourage players to seek out new drug suppliers, while also pushing them to sell their current drugs before the decay occurs.

drugs strength will now be relevant as drugs with a higher strength will take longer to decay. this creates a difference between 20 strength cocaine and 80 strength cocaine, which should be represented in the drug economy.
Which is totally understandable, but why not stop it once it gets to X strength instead of it just disappearing? I mean I'm all for the balancing of stockpiling drugs and whatever. But this also goes to people getting the drugs pawned off on them then they have to sell it before it decays and/or use it. Everybody whom I've attempted to approach with RP on selling narcotics to has declined it or doesn't want to get involved due to this system being implemented.

Shekh
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: benavides

Post by Shekh » Wed May 22, 2019 1:27 am

Irwin_Gillespie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 pm
nobody:

literally nobody:

developers: lets add drug decaying
lmao yeah instead of adding the good approved suggestions the playerbase actually wants like reloading ammo, burglary system, different types of drugs that FM where saying. They instead add a update nobody wanted that just negatively affects everybody who deals or RPs around drug on the server (like 60% of the playerbase).

and as guy above said, this is already negatively affecting people, nobody wants to buy shit. like it or not when people buy drugs they just lock it away in a stash car until they need it, now people just wont buy them since by the time they need it, it will be low strength or gone.

Anthony_Navarra
Forum Moderator

Post by Anthony_Navarra » Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am

Good work on the drug decay system.

Armando13
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Armando13 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:14 am

My coke is going bad, great news!

How long is it going to take for a gram of 100 percent to disappear?
249 days?

What about how much can we storage in a vehicle, last time I checked that's 10 ounces only. That's not very realistic and it's causing us to purchase several cars just to store and have no use of it. Is that something that you can fix in the future?

Kane
Game Admin & Jr. Developer
Ingame name: Marshall

Post by Kane » Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 am

Armando13 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:14 am

249 days?

What about how much can we storage in a vehicle, last time I checked that's 10 ounces only. That's not very realistic and it's causing us to purchase several cars just to store and have no use of it. Is that something that you can fix in the future?
We'll look at increasing the limit or additions to the existing storage option script in a future revision.

Baby Rambo
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Baby Rambo » Wed May 22, 2019 8:10 am

Kane wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 am
Armando13 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:14 am

249 days?

We'll look at increasing the limit or additions to the existing storage option script in a future revision.
I understand it's all for balancing out the stockpiling, but could we possible be given some limitation for a cut off on when the strength just sticks to X value once it gets low enough or is the a little bit too much to ask for?

Kev
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kev » Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 am

You answered your own question. Stockpiles won't get removed if the drugs don't vanish.

kotlet2005
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: NASTY

Post by kotlet2005 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:42 pm

i feel like the decay is a little too quick, but im overally behind this idea as drug stockpiling is annoying so DTO's will now have something new to look out for and flipping drugs should become much much funner! good update overall

Mantle
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mantle » Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Shekh wrote:
literally nobody asked for the drug decaying system bruh..there's so much stuff in approved and u guys are adding stuff that are negatively affecting playerbase.
There was a topic in FMP where the majority of people vouched for drug decaying to be added. These rates of decay are reasonable too. Cocaine will take legitimately like 6+ months to disappear if you don't do anything with it. If you're not doing anything with your drugs for more than a month, you're stock piling for no reason and that's not helping anyone.

Shekh
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: benavides

Post by Shekh » Wed May 22, 2019 8:01 pm

AdamK wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 pm
Shekh wrote:
There was a topic in FMP where the majority of people vouched for drug decaying to be added. These rates of decay are reasonable too. Cocaine will take legitimately like 6+ months to disappear if you don't do anything with it. If you're not doing anything with your drugs for more than a month, you're stock piling for no reason and that's not helping anyone.
its not "if you don't do anything with it", if you sell it the decaying doesn't stop, it continues decaying at the same rate it was before.

bad update, nobody wanted, better things u couldve added. those are my only 3 points.

RastaStar
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: David_McDougal

Post by RastaStar » Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Great!
Though the new skins are unusable ( again ) !!!

JamThat
A Tradition of Service

Post by JamThat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Blessed.

BritishPie
Protect and Serve
Ingame name: Tim Wright

Post by BritishPie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 am

RastaStar wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 pm
Great!
Though the new skins are unusable ( again ) !!!
This is a bug with the UCP. It's fixed with the new UCP beta.

ThatBoi
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Oscar Xing

Post by ThatBoi » Thu May 23, 2019 1:31 am

I'm having some second hand thoughts on this. I don't think the demand and consumption of cocaine is even comparable to the amount of cocaine that is currently in the server, not even talking about less popular drugs. On average probably an ounce of Ketamine is consumed, or even less, because no one roleplays around that. But the amount of ketamine on the server is well over 2 kilos. This will just disapear when it 'decays' and will not be used in any roleplay. Me myself, when I used to roleplay a criminal, I could get my hands on over 2 ounces easily per day but would only consume around 10 grams of cocaine on a heavy day of constantly being shot at. I don't see how this update will work well with the small demand for drugs. Most drugs are used as underground currency and trading for guns or respect, now they can't be used for shit because they start to decay. People will have to start consuming way more cocaine for the cycle to be fully complete, which I don't see why they would do that? This is literally like real life where restaurants buy too much meat and have tons of it left over which they end up throwing away because it's useless, same with the drugs on LS-RP. The only way to tackle this is to give gangs less drugs so that the supply fits the demand, which is a stupid idea.

Return to “Announcements”