Moderators: Lead Developers, Junior Developers, Developers

icrispy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Zadeer Mitchell

Side Job Moderators Handbook

Post by icrispy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:12 am

Side Job Moderators: The Application
Side-jobs are a great way to create a more interactive community. Side-jobs offer another level of roleplay to the members of the community that wish to go down that road. Having a side-job is a privilege and is something that we need to make sure is in the right hands. The perfect candidate for a side-job position is a player this is serious about roleplaying and wants to bring roleplay to others. Players that just wish to give the job to their friends with no roleplay involved have no room in the side-job world.

Side Job Moderators: Accepting an Application
When accepting an application there are a few things you should ask yourself;
  • Is the player over level 8?
  • Is the character over 21 in age?
  • Is the player clear on what he/she wants to do with the job?
  • Did the player put in enough effort in the application?
  • Do they have a decent admin record? If they have recent ajails then deny right off. No one's getting this job if they don't deserve it. Use some form of transparency but don't be lenient. If it's obvious they have no regard for the community rules then deny it.
Before accepting somebody, be sure to search up their name on the UCP to make sure that they are not under level 8/banned.

The side-job is only to be given to those who deserve it. We're not here to make players write essays for the side-job, but we're not here to give it to people who don't really want it. Be sure that the player is clear on how he/she is going to roleplay with the job, how the player plans on training people, and finally, how they play on giving the fight style to others.

After you've accepted somebody, place [A] at the end of the topic name. Be sure to add them to the list(linked at the end of the post) with the URL to their forum profile as well.

To add an URL to a word, simply type the word out, highlight it, press the URL button next to the white [Normal] box and put a link to the profile after the "[url="
Side Job Moderators: Logs
Instructors are to update their application (which is now a log) every time they give out the fightstyle to a player. If they do not update this log they're subjected to a warning. If they clearly don't care for it then let the section's head know and it'll be removed as necessary.

Side Job Moderators: PENDING!
When you feel that an application is good, but just needs a little more, there's no need to deny them straight away. You can put the application into a pending phase. Basically you set the time you feel is necessary for the proper changes to the application to be made. Simple stuff!

When you want to change an application to the pending phase, simply add [P] to the start of the thread's title.

Side Job Moderators: Denying an application
Denying an application is at the handler's discretion. If you feel that the player is not fit for the job, you can deny the player but you need to state why the player has been denied.

Here are some reasons on why a player should be denied from getting a side-job;
  • Player is banned
  • Player has CKed the character he/she applied with.
  • Lack of effort
  • Invalid reasoning for wanting the job
  • Poor admin record (Please don't straight out say this but rather say "doesn't meet requirements, PM me if concerned" or something along those lines. We're not here to expose player's admin records or disgrace them.)
After you've denied someone, place [D] at the end of the topic name.

Side Job Moderators: Keeping up with those who've been accepted
After someone has been accepted for a side-job, it's our duty to monitor them. We have to make sure that the players who have the side-job are doing what they are supposed to be doing with the job. When checking up on a player here are things to check for;
  • Making sure the name isn't CK'd
  • Making sure the player hasn't been banned
  • Making sure the player hasn't namechanged
Detective Job Application Process.
As you're fully aware by now, Aug 5th was when the application for this job went live, after much testing & MANY applications we've come to the conclusion on what to accept & what not to. If you're not familiar with the job itself, before you go about accepting applications, I suggest you re-visit the Detective Feature Documentation. to familiarize yourself with what's new & what isn't.

Accepting A Detective Application.
When accepting an application there are a few things you should ask yourself;
Is the player over level 8+?
(Do not deny instantly for this, some players may have alts, you can search for them if you wish)
Is the character over 21 in age?
Does the player state why he wants the job, are they clear with his/her intended use.
(See "Denials & Acceptances)
Did the player put in enough effort in the application? We're not asking for the next book of Harry Potter here, but we want players to have a mass amount of detail surrounding why they wish to obtain the job, compared to the fighting job they should have at bare minimum 2-3 paragraphs.

Do they have a decent admin record? If they have recent ajails then deny right off. No one's getting this job if they don't deserve it. Use your judgement for this one, if you feel they don't deserve it due to their record, go ahead & deny them straight off.

After you've accepted somebody, place [A] at the end of the topic name.
Be sure to add them to the List of Current Detectives alongside a link to their profile.
Likewise, if a player is Denied, place a [D] on their title before moving to the "Denied" section.

To add a URL to a word, simply type the word out, highlight it, press the URL button next to the white [Normal] box and put a link to the profile after the [url=, for example;

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.ls-rp.io/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=172792]Oaks.[/url] 
Will display as Oaks.

Denying A Detective Application.
Denying an application is at the handler's discretion. If you feel that the player is not fit for the job, you can deny the player but you need to state why the player has been denied.

Here are some reasons on why a player should be denied from getting a side-job;
• Player is banned
• Player has CKed the character he/she applied with.
• Lack of effort
• Invalid reasoning for wanting the job
• Poor admin record (Please don't straight out say this but rather say "doesn't meet requirements, PM me if concerned" or something along those lines. We're not here to expose player's admin records or disgrace them.)

Acceptances & Denials.
So before you go ahead & accept/deny them, we've provided you with some examples of what to accept & what not to, we'll outline below why they've been accepted, and why not, some may be painfully obvious, but some you may have to think about. Again, the application is completely up to your discretion, however these examples may assist you a little more in the process itself.

Spoiler: show
THE DETECTIVE JOB
Why do you want the detective job?: I want the detective job for few reasons, these reasons being that I wish to roleplay as a private investigator (for hire, of course) and to base my character development around an investigative area. I plan on (eventually/ sometime in the future) applying for PD or SD but I currently cannot devote the time needed to do so, nor provide the activity that'd be required of me to achieve a rank within either faction. As a result, I'd like to be low-key with my roleplay and be able to roleplay at my own pace and on my own time, and allow myself to be available to those that need a private investigator to get intel on people they are looking into. I am an experienced roleplayer and have been doing so for many many years now and I've never quite roleplayed in this area as I didn't see much of an appeal to it, however now I have changed and I'd like to take part in the roleplay endeavors I'll most likely get involved in within this job. If given the opportunity to take this job and be able to roleplay around it, I'd promise effective and realistic RP at all times.

How do you intend on using the detective job?: I intend on using the job, as stated above, for roleplay reasons including being a private investigator for hire. This may spring off into the legal direction, or depending on the pay / situation, could take an illegal turn. I hope to get this job so I can develop my character further and to see how things go (if I am given the job, of course).

Whilst this application on "Why", his intended use is vague and he says "As Stated Above", we're not looking for the same reasons, as they are two different questions entirely. So we'd deny this for "Lack of effort, no detail surrounding what the intended use of the job is"

• Why do you want the detective job?:I wish to create a business/company that involve around the detective job. Basically a 100% legal business/company that focus on creating the best possible detective role-play as I believe the new system no longer gives you the option to solo yolo all the detective work like it used to in old day. Now you actually have to team up (most of the time) and work together to be able to place the moles and trackers unless you wish to get caught.

I know that a lot of people are currently searching for a company to work for, to avoid being alone and not be able to use the job, that they applied for. I wish to grant them a chance to become my fellow coworkers if this application should get accepted. I think that once I find a few private detectives or future private detectives we are going to do a few freelance jobs as we get to know each other. Once we know what we want and how we work, I will start creating a business/faction thread and create the company.

Once the company/faction is started, I am expecting to start recruiting more private detectives and people who wish to become one, but have no idea how to actually role-play as a private detective. I think with the new system it opens up for more role-play and more options for a company/business, as people can no longer just go and take the job without applying.

As I and hopefully my future coworkers understand that a private detective is not a LSPD detective. The role-play should and is two different things. I wish to focus on stuff that would actually make sense for starters. Going against a huge crime ring that are full over powerful people don’t fit the job if you ask me. I wish to have more focus on stuff such as:

Counter business intelligence
    Friend/Family/girlfriend/boyfriend/Employee/employer information gathering/spying
    Area surveillance
    Locating missing people.
    VIP Tracking
    VIP Surveillance
    Abusive girlfriends/boyfriends
    Minor crimes

With all that said, I wish to push the new detective job system even further then you could with the old one, and perhaps run it together with other jobs such as security and VIP protection.

How do you intend on using the detective job?:

I kinda feel like I gave an overall explanation in the question above. I intend on using the job to create some new unique role-play that It offers teamwork role-play and hard work. The new changes to the detective job have changed so much, that it’s no longer a solo job, but rather about teamwork.

As I mention before I don’t intend on using the job to attempt taking down some huge mafia faction as I don’t feel that is suited for a private detective. I more feel like it’s about counter intelligence for companies/businesses, and private jobs such as information gathering on people. I intend on working together with other detectives in order to distract and infiltrate places to get our job done, especially now when you can no longer places moles on people, but have to gain access to possible restricted areas in order to get the intelligence needed for the job.

I also intend on using the job to help me develop my character, as I feel a bit stuck as I wish to work in the legal area, but still have to do hard work.

This one speaks for itself, he's got a lovely amount of detail surrounding why he wishes to obtain the job, and what his intended use is, again we're not looking for mass amount of intended use, however we do wish to see what they want to partake in once they obtain the job.

Keeping Up With The Kardas- Accepted Players
After someone has been accepted for a side-job, it's our duty to monitor them. We have to make sure that the players who have the side-job are doing what they are supposed to be doing with the job. When checking up on a player here are things to check for;
• Making sure the name isn't CK'd.
• Making sure the player hasn't been banned.
• Making sure the player hasn't namechanged.

Should the player fall into any of these three categories then shoot them a Forum PM (Which you can get from the List), asking them to leavejob, give them a specified time, (72 hours max) to leave it. Should the rare occasion of them refusing or being banned, place an Admin Note on their profile via the UCP with the following;
DAY/MONTH/YEAR - Refusal to /leavejob, to be removed via Admins, remove note once completed - jopp.
Example:

Reply formats
You can find the up-to-date reply formats at a different thread for faster access.

Adorn.
A Tradition of Service

Re: Side Job Moderators Handbook

Post by Adorn. » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 am

[divbox=#008000]Side Job Moderators: Player Monitoring[/divbox]

As a side job moderator, you're required to be actively checking instructors statuses. This may include generally looking up their administrative record for any recent action, if they're banned or generally for NC/CK/inactivity. First and foremost, if an instructor has been punished severely, you should notify myself so it can be reviewed and the removal of their instruction job will be removed if necessary - this includes bans. If they have NCed, CKed, or gone inactive notify them via forum PM that they must remove themselves from the job via the following format:

Code: Select all

[quote]Hello,

If you are receiving this message then it's because you've been listed as inactive, CKed or namechange'd on the account you had applied for your boxing instructor position with. You [b]must[/b] remove yourself from that job immediately else action will have to be taken. You cannot appeal this now, you'll need to re-apply again with your new name/old name, etc.

Please respond to this message with your character name and proof you have removed yourself. If for whatever reason you cannot, then let me know why. You have 72 hours from the sent time on this message.

Thanks.

List of forum names and characters: (DON'T INCLUDE THIS IF YOU'RE SENDING THIS PM TO ONE PERSON)[/quote]
Then make sure you notify me via your choice of contact so the list can be updated properly.

[divbox=#008000]Side Job Moderators: IRC monitoring[/divbox]

There's one very important channel that you'll need to join as a Side Job Moderator. This channel is an exclusive one so it's security is of upmost importance. Please make sure you contact me via IRC only so you can get the details for the channel.

This channel is to be watched frequently during your time on IRC. You're responsible for making sure that if the boxing fightstyle is given out - that the instructor has updated their log accordingly. If they have not then contact them and remind them to do so as they should've done it from before they handed out the job.

Return to “Archive”