0.3.DL Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Moderators: Lead Developers, Junior Developers, Developers

User avatar
Mmartin
Head of Development
Posts: 8484
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman
Location: Basement

0.3.DL Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Mmartin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:42 am

With the update, I'd like to give each official faction a server-side model package as a new perk. This includes any faction that desires either special objects for their mapping, or additional skins. Of course, standard QA would apply for the models (low-poly, must look like it's out of the GTA universe, etc), but there's a couple of other points that need to be discussed:

How many slots should each faction get?
While it might seem liberating, having a huge/unlimited number of skins per faction doesn't seem appealing to me; if the number is lower it forces you to pick the best of the best and the ones you really need. The limit also has to be low because I don't want everyone that connects to the server (although, only once) spend 5 minutes downloading skins only a few get to use.

Should the number of slots for faction skins increase with the amount of members?

User avatar
Packard
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Packard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 am

I'd say three for each faction no matter what the size. Just like the amount of Ballas, Grove and Hispanic original SA skins have.

Malfoy
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Malfoy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 am

The most a faction should have is probably 5-8 skins.

Most skins that are going to be made will be LQ regardless coming at 700kbs-1mb a skin or even less.

Probably be looking at an additional 90-100mb/s when all factions eventually have their skin packs set.
Psych Out!

User avatar
DONT TREAD ON ME
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am

I think 5-8 is a good number.
-

User avatar
Inazuma
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Inazuma » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:54 am

5-8 is fine, yeah.

User avatar
Plannit
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Plannit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am

I think there should be a max of 5 skins for each faction. These can be reserved for insiders of the faction or key members.

User avatar
Kane
Game Administrator
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 am
Ingame name: Lucas
Contact:

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am

Just a thought ─ a skin for each rank (in game /rank) the faction has. I doubt an illegal faction would exceed over 5-6 and it'd probably stay around a good number. The other suggestions are also good ideas too.
Game Admin, Development team
βš‘πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

Malfoy
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Malfoy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Kane wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
Just a thought ─ a skin for each rank (in game /rank) the faction has. I doubt an illegal faction would exceed over 5-6 and it'd probably stay around a good number. The other suggestions are also good ideas too.
Still wouldn't be pulled off right, you'll still need some variation. You don't want it looking a little too corny with a bunch of outsiders wearing the same skins.
Psych Out!

User avatar
Plannit
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2290
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Plannit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Konichiwa wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm
Kane wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
Just a thought ─ a skin for each rank (in game /rank) the faction has. I doubt an illegal faction would exceed over 5-6 and it'd probably stay around a good number. The other suggestions are also good ideas too.
Still wouldn't be pulled off right, you'll still need some variation. You don't want it looking a little too corny with a bunch of outsiders wearing the same skins.
Thats a good point!

danielswe
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by danielswe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm

5 to 8 skins?! Are you guys crazy. That's way too low, especially for LEO factions.
I agree with Kane, but we have several ethnicities in PD and just one skin for each rank is not enough. We need to take advantage of this update and think big and not come out too weak.
Image

User avatar
Packard
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Packard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 pm

You're saying 5-8 but imagine the amount of new civilian skins outsiders will be able to use. People manage to keep themselves from using the same skins even with the current skins in the game, so having even more civilian skins will defeat that in its own way. If a faction had more than three I'd feel like it would over saturate the server with unnecessary slots.

User avatar
Inazuma
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Inazuma » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 pm

danielswe wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm
5 to 8 skins?! Are you guys crazy. That's way too low, especially for LEO factions.
I agree with Kane, but we have several ethnicities in PD and just one skin for each rank is not enough. We need to take advantage of this update and think big and not come out too weak.
We're talking about illegal factions. Legal factions can enjoy the liberty of more, yes.

User avatar
Kane
Game Administrator
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 am
Ingame name: Lucas
Contact:

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Plannit wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm
Konichiwa wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm
Kane wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
Just a thought ─ a skin for each rank (in game /rank) the faction has. I doubt an illegal faction would exceed over 5-6 and it'd probably stay around a good number. The other suggestions are also good ideas too.
Still wouldn't be pulled off right, you'll still need some variation. You don't want it looking a little too corny with a bunch of outsiders wearing the same skins.
Thats a good point!
I mean, like Plannit said it could be restricted to certain members of the faction who want to stand out and be unique. I assume you would need to be invited to the faction to access the skins and outsiders aren't really invited to be considered.

It'll look pretty dumb if every person uses the same exact skin as soon as they're implemented and I doubt faction leaders would let that roll.
Game Admin, Development team
βš‘πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

User avatar
RastaStar
Protect and Serve
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:03 pm
Ingame name: David_McDougal
Location: Romania

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by RastaStar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm

danielswe wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm
5 to 8 skins?! Are you guys crazy. That's way too low, especially for LEO factions.
I agree with Kane, but we have several ethnicities in PD and just one skin for each rank is not enough. We need to take advantage of this update and think big and not come out too weak.
This is from the SAMP website
Player skins use ranges: 20000 to 30000 (10000 slots)
Objects use negative IDs: -1000 to -30000 (29000 slots)
I am not really sure if they mean in total there are 10.000 slots for skins to be available but yes for sure government faction's should have at least 10 and it's skins guys not an ENB or some mega pack of cars so you won't sit more than 30 seconds at the log in screen for them to download.
Image

Malfoy
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5705
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Malfoy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 pm

danielswe wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm
5 to 8 skins?! Are you guys crazy. That's way too low, especially for LEO factions.
I agree with Kane, but we have several ethnicities in PD and just one skin for each rank is not enough. We need to take advantage of this update and think big and not come out too weak.
I mean Mmartin's the only that said the limit has to be low πŸ’πŸΎ
Psych Out!

Locked

Return to β€œArchive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users