Mortal
The truth hurts.
The truth hurts.
Ingame name: Kyra Cooper

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Mortal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 am

Ren wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:19 pm
Some people are failing to take into consideration the needs of law enforcement factions (specifically LSPD and SASD). They need female and male versions of every skin, bike uniforms, tactical uniform, BDU, then variations of female and male models including bald males and different races, same with the females. Each faction is unique to its own, don't just generalise them all and say for example '4'.
Same as the Fire Department. We have one suitable skin which resembles the medical uniform, but it's the same one skin, whether you're African-American, Caucasian, Asian or whatever.

Abhinav
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Abhinav » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:33 pm

FamousCEO wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 am
I don't know if this is possible (Since these skins are not being replaced by current skins) but could you somehow change their walking styles? And what will happen to the ped voices of them? Would they have any? All I really want is their walking styles changed since they are going to be gang faction skins.
Bet they can inherit walking styles and voices from pre-existing skins, have to. Don't really care much about the voices tho eh.

Abhinav
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Abhinav » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:35 pm

pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:10 am
Should be handled case by case, legal factions obviously require more skins than illegal factions. I think a baseline of 5 but with room for more. I think if the skins are faction-exclusive then it turns it into an RPG system - all skins should be available to the entire server.

Also it could be considered allowing each /invited player to have 2 skins each perhaps.
No, they should be exclusive to official factions so that each high ranking member has his own personality perk. Outsiders can use other skins. No way this turns us to an RPG server.

pablo
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Seems a bit illogical for a role play server to have a skin “exclusive”Abhinav. What stops someone from just going to a shop and buying said clothing garments in real life? At the very least keep them exclusive until the faction closes but I would argue they shouldn’t be exclusive at all...

Quirii
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Quirii » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:55 pm

pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm
Seems a bit illogical for a role play server to have a skin “exclusive”Abhinav. What stops someone from just going to a shop and buying said clothing garments in real life? At the very least keep them exclusive until the faction closes but I would argue they shouldn’t be exclusive at all...
Exactly. Private faction skins are the most retarded thing ever. Don't introduce it please.
I came, I saw

Clubby
Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit
Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit

Post by Clubby » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:04 pm

I personally think that there should be one skin for both sexes in official factions, and all races like one for asian, hispanic, caucasian, black, etc.. especially in the PDSDFDDOCDOJ factions and then one for each rank.

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

If a faction has a lot of members, you should increase the amount of skins, but if the faction is small, then you should put a few.

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm

From an LEO perspective, You need to have a female version of everything aswell as explained by others. The Sheriffs department project already made public on this board is a good refference in my opinion. It introduces white, black, asian skins, Female motorcycle uniform, and tactical deputies with external vests on, all that was missing was the BDU's used by swat and sed.
I think that post made representing the SD is an acceptable standard in terms of LEO-orientated.
I encourage illegal factions to put theirs up ASAP so we can actualy demonstrate the proposals and go from there. No?

Tony_Sosa
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Your arab homey

Post by Tony_Sosa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 am

Quirii wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:55 pm
pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm
Exactly. Private faction skins are the most retarded thing ever. Don't introduce it please.
I don't agree with you guys , Official factions members will get skins with (tattoos, Hood, Gang name on their Clothes ......stuff like that) it would be illogical if someone who's not a member In the gang to have them.

Quirii
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Quirii » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 am

Tony_Sosa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 am

I don't agree with you guys , Official factions members will get skins with (tattoos, Hood, Gang name on their Clothes ......stuff like that) it would be illogical if someone who's not a member In the gang to have them.
This isn't some low level roleplay server or singleplayer gta buddy.
I came, I saw

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 am

What he says is true though.
I doubt anyone would like to have someone walking around with a skin that has EC-13 tats on it when that person isn't actualy part of EC-13.
There's no reason why we can't have the best of both worlds, unless we are limited capacity wise

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 am

Mmartin just said that you are not allowed to wear other faction skins when you are not apart of it. You guys are missing it here. 8 skins is enough for each faction in my opinion.

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 am

Mmartin just said that you are not allowed to wear other faction skins when you are not apart of it. You guys are missing it here. 8 skins is enough for each faction in my opinion.

Tony_Sosa
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Your arab homey

Post by Tony_Sosa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 am

Quirii wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 am
Tony_Sosa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 am

This isn't some low level roleplay server or singleplayer gta buddy.
Kenshi911 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 am
What he says is true though.
I doubt anyone would like to have someone walking around with a skin that has EC-13 tats on it when that person isn't actualy part of EC-13.
If you liked a specific skin maybe they can add a nonaffiliated version for everyone.
It's a nice touch to officials and the whole server, and realistic I guess.

Anyway, I guess 10 is enough as Drumj said, and it can be lowered or the opposite depending on how many members the faction has, depending on ranks and stuff.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm

I think that having skins reserved for gangs and mobs is not a great idea, you should just add a bunch of skins that anyone can use.

Return to “Archive”