Moderators: Lead Developers, Junior Developers, Developers

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: 0.3.8 Discussion: Faction Mod Packs

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 pm

raw sylk wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm
I think that having skins reserved for gangs and mobs is not a great idea, you should just add a bunch of skins that anyone can use.
Then why did he make this topic? We want faction skins here and we are discussing the amount of skins we want. He will make civilian skins that EVERYONE can use. You guys seem to miss it here.

pablo
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Explain to me the logic behind faction restricted skins? At the very least I agree the the post on the previous page - have the skin available to everyone but factions can have exclusive affiliated versions.

Exclusive skins is not the right direction to go for LSRP. Also exclusive skins makes players targets...

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 pm

FamousCEO wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 pm
raw sylk wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm
I think that having skins reserved for gangs and mobs is not a great idea, you should just add a bunch of skins that anyone can use.
Then why did he make this topic? We want faction skins here and we are discussing the amount of skins we want. He will make civilian skins that EVERYONE can use. You guys seem to miss it here.
I'm not an idiot, I understand the topic. I'm just stating that it's a double-edged sword because it can incite metagaming.

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 pm

To those arguing whether or not factions should have restricted skins: restricted skins for official factions are a great idea, in terms of official perks and adding a unique flair to a faction. If they're a gang that role-play around a certain color, then they can introduce a few skins that have those colors. If they're a motorcycle club, especially, they could introduce skins with motorcycle jackets that have their club's name and ranks on. Bear in mind that they all need to be low poly and fit in with existing skins, but there'll be plenty of new non-restricted skins for people to use. Restricted skins were in the server in the past, but were removed because it put a limit on the amount of existing skins that are available for players. Now that we have the possibility to add extra, additional skins to the server — that avenue can be explored once more.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Surreal wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 pm
To those arguing whether or not factions should have restricted skins: restricted skins for official factions are a great idea, in terms of official perks and adding a unique flair to a faction. If they're a gang that role-play around a certain color, then they can introduce a few skins that have those colors. If they're a motorcycle club, especially, they could introduce skins with motorcycle jackets that have their club's name and ranks on. Bear in mind that they all need to be low poly and fit in with existing skins, but there'll be plenty of new non-restricted skins for people to use. Restricted skins were in the server in the past, but were removed because it put a limit on the amount of existing skins that are available for players. Now that we have the possibility to add extra, additional skins to the server — that avenue can be explored once more.
Restricted skins for official gangs is great, but only for RPG servers. You don't really see the bigger image here because I can already sense the metagaming it would cause. Sure, it's great in one hand, i.e. not having to constantly type out your affiliations or that outsiders are separated by older members, but on the other hand, encounters with rival gangs would be on-sight massacres.

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 pm

raw sylk wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Surreal wrote:
Restricted skins for official gangs is great, but only for RPG servers. You don't really see the bigger image here because I can already sense the metagaming it would cause. Sure, it's great in one hand, i.e. not having to constantly type out your affiliations or that outsiders are separated by older members, but on the other hand, encounters with rival gangs would be on-sight massacres.
Then they would be punished for DM, it's called representing your gang. Remember, they always need a reason to kill. I agree with Surreal.

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm

It wouldn't be forced on a faction, but it would be an option for them as a perk. I don't see the "metagaming" if the faction deliberately wants to represent themselves, though. The motorcycle clubs are a great example of that. Custom skins with their club's patches on the jackets. This wouldn't happen if it were restricting the existing skins from players, they're all additional skins. There'll be plenty for general use, too.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Whatever you think works man, I'm just speaking from experience.

.Bauer.
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Ingame name: Luke Watts

Post by .Bauer. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 am

For Legal Factions such as PD/SD/DOC/FD where a rank insignia is on their uniform maybe like a few variations of the rank skins? Obviously don’t have like 16 different new skins for SD as that’s how many ranks they have if I’m right but maybe just increasing the skin cap for legal factions to like 5-10 ish
Need to contact me?
Discord: Bauer#1300
Forum: .Bauer.

My PMs are always open!

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Plannit wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am
I think there should be a max of 5 skins for each faction. These can be reserved for insiders of the faction or key members.
^
Stole the words out of my mouth.
Anything more than five is a bit too excessive. Especially for how many factions there are. For the restricted skin things, the idea is good and makes sense. I do foresee casual players getting mad from not receiving any extra casual skins either. An idea; restricted custom skins for the gang/MC faction.

(I know that apparently there will be 5,000 extra custom skins but still.)

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm

raw sylk wrote:
Surreal wrote:
I'm sorry i dont see where the metagame is in your paragraph.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Kenshi911 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm
raw sylk wrote:
Surreal wrote:
encounters with rival gangs would be on-sight massacres.
which are caused by metagaming.

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm

raw sylk wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 pm
Kenshi911 wrote:
raw sylk wrote:

So you're saying people with blue gang colors will see someone with red gang colors and target him? I dont know if you actualy spend time in the server but rival gangs beef with eachother regardless. If someone wants to represent his gang and someone takes advantage of that. How is that in any way metagame, you see it with your own eyes icly. Where is the metagame?
The massacres happen already, wearing a red shirt as opposed to your normal attire wont change a thing.

Abhinav
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Abhinav » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Kenshi911 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm
raw sylk wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 pm
Kenshi911 wrote:

So you're saying people with blue gang colors will see someone with red gang colors and target him? I dont know if you actualy spend time in the server but rival gangs beef with eachother regardless. If someone wants to represent his gang and someone takes advantage of that. How is that in any way metagame, you see it with your own eyes icly. Where is the metagame?
The massacres happen already, wearing a red shirt as opposed to your normal attire wont change a thing.
Exactly. This won't even be an issue because official illegal factions will have fewer slots than legal ones and they'll be creative with their skins instead of using some like this:-
Spoiler: show

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pm

I personally don't care that much, I'll leave it for you to see it with your own eyes when it happens.

Return to “Archive”