Negative thoughts.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Junior Developers, Developers, Lead Developers, Junior Developers, Developers

Solis
Gangster
Gangster

Negative thoughts.

Post by Solis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:11 pm

The new SA-MP update seems cool but at the same time, shit.

First of all I like to have my game the way I have it, not install some skins from a server. (E.G lspd skins, cars) not only that, if you're in Australia or somewhere far away from the server host. It's going to take a long time to download the models. The reason most people play SA-MP is because of the freedom it has, freedom to mod the game /YOU/ want. I don't see this update as a good thing, what are your thoughts?

Hiro*
Best Clothing Layout of 2012
Best Clothing Layout of 2012
Ingame name: Kimmel

Re: Negative thoughts.

Post by Hiro* » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:41 pm

They're just adding skins/objects not modding the default ones. No idea about dowload time.

lordt
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by lordt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:26 pm

keep in mind the files its downloading is only 200-800kb

nothing big at all

Abhinav
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Abhinav » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Nothing negative in this update.

Solis
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Solis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Say you have low poly game and then a server installs some ugly ass hq skins u didn't want. Then what? Is there a "disable feature"?

JamThat
A Tradition of Service

Post by JamThat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Solis wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:17 pm
Say you have low poly game and then a server installs some ugly ass hq skins u didn't want. Then what? Is there a "disable feature"?
I think it's painfully clear that LSRP won't be installing any ugly ass hq skins.

But yes there's always going to be some servers that force said modifications I don't think you can do much about it since other players may use hq skins and all you'll see is a blank skin(?) walking about. Of course you don't have to connect to such servers.

LQ skins tend to range between 90kb to 500kb a skin. Of course it adds up when SAMP has allowed a limit of 10k custom skins. I assume with most servers there'll be around at most 15mb of additional resources loaded from the server. So I don't think it'll take that long.
isnt life beautiful

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 pm

The focus is on low-poly skins only. A low-poly player skin can be 100-400kb a piece. 150 skins at 250kb each is about ~37mb as an example, that's something anybody can download... even with slow Internet. This opens up a tremendous amount of opportunity for role-play and immersion but file size will be kept in mind and the amount you are expected to download will be as noninvasive as possible.

I live in Australia, and I'm eagerly anticipating the new skins. Besides, download speed is not the same as ping.

Please read the information available before creating threads like this.

Return to “Archive”