[LS TIMES SPECIAL] PRIVATE CAB COMPANY ARE ON YOUR TAX BILL

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: Apophis, San Andreas Network Editors, San Andreas Network Mods, Lead Admins

Elvira
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

[LS TIMES SPECIAL] PRIVATE CAB COMPANY ARE ON YOUR TAX BILL

Post by Elvira » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 pm

ARTICLESEMPLOYMENTREAL ESTATEJOBSVEHICLESWEEKLY CIRCULARSGOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONSPLACE AD

SPECIAL: Private Cab Company Are On Your Tax Bill
By Thomas Carey | April 7, 2019

The Los Santos Times has been examining some of the many private contracts that are on offer by the State Government of San Andreas. Over the last year, under the Reynold's Administration, privatization of public services has grown further across the State, from AmeriCare Ambulance to AutoSpex.

The State Government has been funding the vehicles, headquarters and salaries of Wahab Cab employees.

This ever expanding industry has been met with both praise and criticism, with local businesses benefiting and more jobs being created, but also politicians and former public service employees calling it a mishandling of budgets and claiming privatization is not going to help the economy. However, underneath all of the credit and criticism, we have examined the facts of one particular contract; titled #006 Taxi Service.

"The purpose of which is to solve the lack of readily taxis. An incentive to allow people to establish more transportation services"
, is what the Bureau of State Services says in the contract application. Wahab Cab, a company owned by Abdullah, Yusuf and Abdulrahman Wahab, is to our knowledge the only company which has been awarded this contract although the Bureau of State Services says this contract is open to other companies too.
WAHAB CAB CONTRACT COPY: show

SAN ANDREAS STATE GOVERNMENT
BUREAU OF STATE SERVICES

APPLICATION FORM

I. Personal Information

• 1.01 Full Name: Abdullah Wahab
    1.02 Date of Birth: 5/MAY/1988
    1.03 State, Country of Birth: Jeddah. Saudi Arabia
    1.04 Contact Number: 1731402
    1.05 Sex: Male
    1.06 Business Name: Wahab Cab

II. Business Information

• 2.01 Business Name: Wahab Cab
    2.02 Licensed Business Link: CLICK HERE

2.03 Number of Employees: 3
    2.03 Roster of Employees:
    • Abdullah Wahab
      Abdulrahman Wahab
      Yusuf Wahab

III. Short Anew Questions

• 3.01 Do you agree to abide by all regulations established under this contract? YES
      3.02 Do you agree to maintain a professional work environment? YES
      3.03 Do any of your employees have any felony convictions or are on parole?
      • 3.03.01 If so, provide a list of all employees and the charges: NO
        • N/A
      3.04 Will you ensure all employees adhere to the contractor rules and regulations? YES

IV. Extended Answer

• 4.01 Why should you business be given this contract among other business applying?
      • Wahab Cab is a new company starting out under Linked Services in Los Santos hoping to become the next big thing over time and dedication, offering the citizens of Los Santos the opportunity to clean transportation considering most of the other taxi companies out there are unreliable and the citizens of Los Santos deserve the chance to quick AND easy transportation. The contract would be used to establish new jobs and quick and easy transportation for those in need of work and more.

Wahab Cab would primarily be managed by Abdullah Wahab, Yusuf Wahab and Abdulrahman who all immigrated from Saudi Arabia to develop the next big thing that not only would benefit them but the general public. I believe this contract should be given to us because we're willing to put in the time and effort to keep this a successful company that would be used on a daily basis for those in need of quick transportation.

The primary focus of Wahab Cab is to provide adequate transportation and offer a variety of jobs to the general public which is a win win situation for everyone involved. We plan on taking this contract seriously and plan to develop this company as far as possible using all the available resources we have including Wahab FM and Linked Services
      4.02 What have you done to prepare your business to take on this contract and how will you achieve the objective of this contract which is to provide adequate transportation services?
      • We've went ahead and began to develop the company currently by looking for recruiting for professional taxi drivers and we've began establish a proper business plan for the business to keep it up and running for as long as possible.

We believe we can accomplish the objective of providing adequate transportation services to the general public by offering a variety of different services in our company which could be accomplished with the right amount of time and dedication. The company currently consists of three Arabic brothers who are more than willing to put in days of hard work and dedication towards the company
      4.03 Please us this area to provide any further information that you wish the Bureau of State Services to consider when reviewing your application.
      • We've always been looking for the right opportunity to start up a taxi company in Los Santos and have found the opportunity to do so here. We plan on taking this as serious as possible!
Wahab Cab insisted that their company "would be used on a daily basis for those in need of quick transportation". At the depot itself, there are six vehicles provided to Wahab Cab, all of which have been paid for by the State Government, as well as their depot base. We contacted Wahab Cab and asked how much the State Government was paying the company for these services, to which Abdulrahman Wahab responded:

"Approximately $200,000 for the cabs and headquarters. They also provide monthly payments for each employee. And we have an active partnership with Integrity Holdings Incorporation (IHI) and they've provided us with a bus and a few more cabs for our company."

The Secretary of State to date has failed to respond to our enquiries whereas Abdulrahman Wahab simply said the following:

"We've been very active with our company, and have provided employment opportunities to dozens of people around Los Santos and continue to do so today."

Wahab Cab currently charges citizens a fare when using their taxi service however, the State Government are also regularly paying the salaries of all of it's employees. It is not a common practice for governments across the United States of America to contract taxi companies to provide a taxi service, as most of the transportation industry profits from fares and often employees are classed as self-employed. It is a very unique contract to have been offered throughout the last year and is one of the many contracts that the Bureau of State Services are currently running in partnership with businesses across the State of San Andreas.

Secretary of State Melanie Slater (R)

Do you think the State Government should be paying taxi firms to operate? Let us know by commenting below.

Code: Select all

[b]COMMENT by[/b] [Insert Username] [b]Email:[/b] [Insert E-mail] [b]Comment:[/b] [Insert Comment]
[/quote]
Me and the Devil, walking side by side

Lucius99
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Lucas Hawken

Re: [LS TIMES SPECIAL] PRIVATE CAB COMPANY ARE ON YOUR TAX BILL

Post by Lucius99 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:04 pm

COMMENT by ChrisMos123Email: chrismosjunkemail@gmail.com Comment: Wahab Cab received it's funding to provide a employee base of 25 drivers with enough vehicles. Wahab Cab is one of the few companies that keep many cab drivers employed with reasonable wages. If it wasn't for Wahab Cabs, all our drivers would have to charge much more for fares due to the costs of being self employed. Wahab Cab gives a great opportunity for people to work in the public service area without any investment, and actually earn a amount that provides a reasonable quality of life and not a rough one.

Nearly every time I have been in a non Wahab Cab the driver has been unprofessional, reckless, rude and also driving a unroadworthy vehicle, I have took many Wahab Cab journeys and never experienced a unprofessional, reckless and rude driver. All vehicles are kept in top notch shape handled by private fully qualified mechanics. Why don't we also look into Autospex and other services that are funded by the government, and see how much the government is giving them instead of a medium size taxi firm.
Working IRL now, so activity is reduced, please excuse any extended waiting times.

I'm here to play for fun if i have any time, please don't hassle me etc. :|

Click here to access my Youtube channel!

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:56 am

COMMENT by Cordz
Email: cordelia420@yahoo.com
Comment: It is a mishandling of everything I must say! Public servants have been running this country for years upon years and now it only comes to our recent attention how all of this is backfiring completely on the one and only Senate. State Melanie Slates looks like she is on crystal meth with those junkie bug eyes sunken into her wretched skull!

Dijkstra
Journalist
Journalist
Ingame name: Jesse Larsson

Post by Dijkstra » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:17 pm

COMMENT by DuncanLaurenceWillWinEuroVision
Email: thed1undundun@gmail.com
Comment: This article:
ALL REPUBLICANS: HELL YES LET'S FUCKING DESTROY WAHAB CAB AND USE SAN AS A POLITICAL PIVOT
ALL DEMOCRATS: FUCK YOU SAN, STATE FUNDING IS COOL. TAXIS ARE A CRUCIAL SERVICE INCLUDED IN OUR HUMAN RIGHTS.

FazerX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CLASSIFIED

Post by FazerX » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 am

LS Times Management have made amendments to the article with regards to the content. For specific amendment changes please contact the Director's Office.
I like government roleplay and I have changed names a few times.

David Garrison - Former Chief Investigator for DOJ. Sentenced to death.
Aidan Garrison - Convicted arsonist and former Sgt At Arms for Expendable Souls MC. Missing.
Charles Moreno - Former Senator, now residing in Tampa, Florida.
James Perrino - LSFD / Firefighter I.

Return to “San Andreas Network”