[LOCAL] DO THE CHILDREN OF OUR CITY DESERVE PROTECTION?

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: Apophis, San Andreas Network Mods, San Andreas Network Editors, Lead Admins

FazerX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CLASSIFIED

[LOCAL] DO THE CHILDREN OF OUR CITY DESERVE PROTECTION?

Post by FazerX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:07 pm

ARTICLESEMPLOYMENTREAL ESTATEJOBSVEHICLESWEEKLY CIRCULARSGOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONSPLACE AD

DO THE CHILDREN OF OUR CITY DESERVE PROTECTION?
By James Ross | April 17, 2019.

Child Protective Services has become a buzz topic online the past few days. A petition has surfaced and is beginning to gain traction with the community. We reached out to the creator of the petition Carly Roze for comment. "CPS was one of the most productive agencies in Los Santos", Roze states. "It gave vulnerable children a place to live and gave them an opportunity of being adopted and moving in with a family. There is no such agency now."

Roze, who is the owner of Roze Entertainment, is a voice in the community of her own right. She manages several high profile businesses in the city. "I am offering to personally invest money to help have this service put back on track." Roze then goes on to say. "If this is something that no one is willing to go ahead and do, I have been considering possibilities of opening a complex with our team to see what we can legally do to help homeless children in Los Santos." The CPS did not only deal with homeless children. It helped with child neglect, abuse and various programs to help keep children out of gangs and off the streets.

We spoke with Acting Fire Deputy Chief Kiera Lance about the topic to get a little more insight into what happened with CPS. "To say the least, I am most definitely for bringing the Child Protective Services back. With an ever rising crime rate within San Andreas itself, children need somewhere safe to go, especially when they are at their most vulnerable." Kiera Lance comments. "CPS actually switched between being lead and managed by either local government or the LSFD on several occasions. For several years it seems it was hard to place exactly who was in charge of this important pillar of the community. At the time there was both a major lack of funding alongside a lack of capable personnel to setup and lead Child Protective Services, as the system at the time was completely out-of-date and required a full re-vamp for it to be as safe, efficient and functional as possible." LSFD's stance on the matter is that they think that it would be more properly utilized under the State's watch. "Upon initially closing CPS, I do believe contact attempts were made with local government to see if they would take over the project again, however I am unable to either confirm or deny those claims."

We reached out to Leah Rieveldt, Director of Welfare for the State who said that the building is currently under construction to make it functional again. "In the past the building that housed the Child Protective Services was then utilized as a clinic, previously known as the Los Santos County Clinic before they went out of business." We gave Ms. Rieveldt a link to the petition to which she replied "I am unable to tell you what project it will be utilized for but this topic might be one of our options for it."

Do you think that CPS should return to help the children in need? Should something else be put in the building's place? Give us your thoughts in the comment section below.

Code: Select all

[b]COMMENT by[/b] [Insert Username] [b]Email:[/b] [Insert E-mail] [b]Comment:[/b] [Insert Comment]
I like government roleplay and I have changed names a few times.

David Garrison - Former Chief Investigator for DOJ. Sentenced to death.
Aidan Garrison - Convicted arsonist and former Sgt At Arms for Expendable Souls MC. Missing.
Charles Moreno - Former Senator, now residing in Tampa, Florida.
James Perrino - LSFD / Firefighter I.

ROZE
ROZE Entertainment & Events
ROZE Entertainment & Events
Ingame name: Carly_Roze

Re: [LOCAL] DO THE CHILDREN OF OUR CITY DESERVE PROTECTION?

Post by ROZE » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 pm

COMMENT by CRoze
Email: Carly.Roze@roze.com
Comment: You can find the petition here: https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f=755&t=708922

Please voice your support!

Return to “San Andreas Network”