[TAXI JOB] Using your own car

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

LoCascio
Best Mafia Member of 2012

[TAXI JOB] Using your own car

Post by LoCascio » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:41 pm

I don't know if this has already been discussed or not but I think that it is unnecessary that the only way you can do the taxi job is by being forced to buy a taxi or cab. Considering it's 2016 and we have apps like Uber and Lyft that are slowly becoming more popular than regular taxi services because they are more convenient for the driver (because drivers don't have to pay fees for renting the taxi) and for the customer (because apps like Uber are a lot cheaper) something along these lines should be featured on LS-RP.

Players would still have to pass the taxi exam to get their license with the advantage that when they get it, they would be able to use their own car for the job. In terms of limitations, perhaps only letting people with four door, two door cars and limousines be allowed to do this. Players with vans, pickup trucks, and motorcycles shouldn't be allowed to take customers as these types of vehicles aren't ones you would usually feel comfortable getting lifts in.

I don't see the downside to this, but let me hear your opinion.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Re: [TAXI JOB] Using your own car

Post by FlowN » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Supporting. Never ever thought about this, but seems like an awesome idea. Maybe you could add so people with the Taxi job would be allowed to place a TAXI sign on their car, (just like the /siren command works, maybe). In my country, you can get a box-looking taxi or a Mercedes turned into a taxi, it's up to the driver, even for official companies (not uber-like).
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

ChrisRawr
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ChrisRawr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:43 pm

I always come across people with the peach name using a personal vehicle. I think they hop out of a taxi and move over to a different car, if I'm not mistaken.

It'd be a more appropriate system if we were to establish a Uber-esque type thing though.

LoCascio

Post by LoCascio » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 am

ChrisRawr wrote:It'd be a more appropriate system if we were to establish a Uber-esque type thing though.
I don't think that's necessary seeing as even if we did, it would be very similar if not identical to the current taxi system. The only thing I can think of is adding a GPS dot to where the customer is as that's how Uber works.

Failstaff
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Failstaff » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 am

I think this Uber business in LS is active again. If you're interested in here's the thread viewtopic.php?f=374&t=495871

LoCascio

Post by LoCascio » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 am

Failstaff wrote:I think this Uber business in LS is active again. If you're interested in here's the thread viewtopic.php?f=374&t=495871
You missed the whole point of my suggestion. That faction is still using taxis and cabs and that's not what Uber is. If you're a driver for Uber, you can use your own car. That's what I'm trying to make happen with this suggestion. The ability to go on duty as a "taxi driver" in your own car, and drive people around in your own car.

Failstaff
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Failstaff » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Honestly, I didn't thoroughly read through Uber's thread. They assumed the name Uber so I assumed it donned Uber's business infrastructure. Sorry for misleading you! I was mislead as well.

Neaksy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Neaksy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:16 am

Totally support this suggestion, there are taxi objects that can be used, and it could become an upgrade that can be bought, and then you can /taxi duty while inside of your vehicle.

ImageImageImage
MATTHEW B. WAXMAN

r0yal
Game Administrator

Post by r0yal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:15 pm

when i ran farooq taxis we always had to go into a seperate taxi to /taxi duty to use our moonbeams, and then couldnt take taxi calls either so i'm supporting this.

KilroY
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by KilroY » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:21 pm

I'm totally supporting this suggestions. There's no need for major changes though, we should stay simple. Add the ability to put a sign on your car and a few more vehicles that can be used as a taxi. We don't want to see tuned Elegy's or Sultans as taxis so a restriction is very good.
The brave don't live forever... the cautious don't live at all.

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:03 pm

This was suggested before I remember, starting with being able to buy the taxi sign to this similar suggestion.

http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... i#p7099845
http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... hilit=taxi

Even if some been denied and other suggestions not even processed yet, I am in favor of this suggestion just have a restriction on two door vehicles mostly.

Indefinite Affiliation
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Indefinite Affiliation » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Neaksy wrote:Totally support this suggestion, there are taxi objects that can be used, and it could become an upgrade that can be bought, and then you can /taxi duty while inside of your vehicle.

ImageImageImage
This.
Letting players purchase these taxi signs and installing them on the top of their own vehicles (limiting the usage of the command to proper vehicles only), would be the best solution.

Max_Taison
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Tonny_Beccardi

Post by Max_Taison » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:02 am

I totally support this suggestion, never thought about this before to be honest. It would be fantastic add this on the server and only with a command example:( /taxi startduty ).

Example:

priscillagamila

Post by priscillagamila » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:39 am

Nice post! This will help people who wants to share experience with taxi. Thanks for sharing with us.

Return to “Job Suggestions”