Office Career

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Cranlet
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Re: Office Career

Post by Cranlet » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:55 am

This would be fantastic for civilian RP.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 pm

I really like it but more clicking interfaces like on a text draw PC now always typing!
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

Sed
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alan_Fabbro

Post by Sed » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm going to post on this topic, yet again, to reiterate my full support for this suggestion.
Last edited by Skalleper on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned - Spam.
ego abscondamus tendiculas

Gibbz
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Gibbs Brown

Post by Gibbz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm supporting this, it opens up new ways for people to RP being a simple employee, coming from work, having to go to office, etc.

Pro Se
de lege ferenda
de lege ferenda
Ingame name: James_Hollywood

Post by Pro Se » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:22 am

I would RP the shit out of this job, no doubt.

I would suggest making it variable though. People can lease Office spaces. Perhaps offer a system where players could go work in other players' offices?

Faction HQs could be made available as well.

The job would add ambiance to these Faction buildings, like City Hall, LSPD precincts, DoJ Building, etc. etc. Would also give civilian RPers a chance to interact with Factions in a small capacity, making them feel better about the job they're doing being mundane as some people have mentioned on this thread.
The S.A.L.I. Agency

ImageImage

"I'm an attorney for the Corleone family. These men are private detectives hired to protect Vito Corleone. They are licensed to carry firearms. If you interfere you'll have to appear before a judge in the morning and show cause. " ~ Tom Hagen, Consigliere

Uno G
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Uno G » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:00 pm

LSRP needs to focus on creating actual offices that do real things and effect the server RPly, not (no offense as effort was put into this) sat typing nonsense words out to receive peanut amounts of money. Someone has to type 100 words to receive $1600?

Taxi dispatch offices using /r, investment/loan businesses, business management, etc. These are the things we need.

_XODUS
Gangster
Gangster

Post by _XODUS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 am

Make it a faction only job, thus, people have to go through an interview before getting /invited to the "Business faction" or whatever and it has subfactions of different companies and shit.
Love is subjective, but we come up with beautiful things, everyday.

_XODUS
Gangster
Gangster

Post by _XODUS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:16 am

Uno G wrote:LSRP needs to focus on creating actual offices that do real things and effect the server RPly, not (no offense as effort was put into this) sat typing nonsense words out to receive peanut amounts of money. Someone has to type 100 words to receive $1600?

Taxi dispatch offices using /r, investment/loan businesses, business management, etc. These are the things we need.

THIS, Legal businesses need to actually become businesses with business men and women, RPing that shit.
Love is subjective, but we come up with beautiful things, everyday.

ugurdebeste
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Don Smarts.

Post by ugurdebeste » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:34 am

Not supporting this. It is really not fun, I like the way you explained everything tho.
Bitch i'm the man.

50 CENT I GREW UP WITH YOUR SONGS.

G-unit.

Vito_Stojanovski
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Lick

Post by Vito_Stojanovski » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:03 pm

I have never been into the legal roleplay, but I won't be an asshole like people not supporting this here that never even tried legal roleplay. A lot of effort and brain was put into this guys, pay attention on that. Supporting this for the legal citizens :!:

NEME$I$
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by NEME$I$ » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:09 pm

_XODUS wrote:
Uno G wrote:LSRP needs to focus on creating actual offices that do real things and effect the server RPly, not (no offense as effort was put into this) sat typing nonsense words out to receive peanut amounts of money. Someone has to type 100 words to receive $1600?

THIS, Legal businesses need to actually become businesses with business men and women, RPing that shit.

Businesses and companies could hire these people, maybe there could be a slightly increased pay, and the company would get a small cut of the pay, making actual companies profitable, and companies could attract workers by offering benefits, like a company car or company housing. This suggestion sounds really good.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Wish more legal jobs / nonfaction jobs like this were added! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

araihm
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Miguel Amedo

Post by araihm » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Cranlet wrote:This would be fantastic for civilian RP.

I think this too.
Los Santos Government
Bureau of Transportation
Miguel Quijano

Marky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Marky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:24 am

Sorry but, unscrambling words and getting paid per word would be both mind-numbingly boring, and a very hard way to roleplay. Unless there was a cool-down, nobody would bother RP'ing as they'd be too focused on unscrambling the word.

If someone can think of a creative way to otherwise earn the cash, and/or work and RP with other players-- that would be much better, however as this stands it's a mindless scripted job which dev's have already said we are staying away from.

Binz.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Binz. » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 pm

I like the concept, this can be a huge part of daily roleplay as well.
You can also add brokers "level" to the script, every correct word will give you $27. I always wanted to roleplay a broker.

Return to “Job Suggestions”