[Trucking] Forklifts

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

corporateidentity
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Helmut Biermann

Re: [Trucking] Forklifts

Post by corporateidentity » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:34 pm

I thought about joining the goverment already in order to use those Forklifts. But I got told they're bugged anyway and I could loose my trucking hours by joining the Gov.

So i'm absolutely supporting this, since I don't see any chance of using those forklifts ever. High ranked truckers should be allowed to use them. If somebody would be abusing a forklift he could get ajailed by some admin. It's not different from having a harvester and driving with it through the city will/should get you ajailed.

Djavol
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Djavol » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:01 am

I support this.

Getting a forklift license isn't that hard, I've gone through the exam and the course in real life and it takes some dedication but all in all, pretty much anyone can get it. It takes a week, three days study and two days practice driving. At least that's how long I had to get my license took.

The Trucker Trainee rank and up are the ranks where you get to drive the trucks which would usually require a forklift to handle cargo, sometimes you've just gotta trust in the community to not abuse things(even tho it is hard, yeah). I can understand that abuse would happen and such on, but I believe that most of the people with the rank and the license wouldn't make a harm of it. Make the price of the license a bit high($30,000?), make an exam with the usual questions you get on a test, and have a practice course in character. If you fail, you go to the beginning of the course and continue all the way until you succeed, of which you get your license. It would help the truckers, set a background and open for more roleplay opportunities.

TheCoolNick
I'm here to help you!
I'm here to help you!
Ingame name: Guess it

Post by TheCoolNick » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:19 pm

I supporting with this suggestion.
Actually I can add to this suggestion if it not stated before, I am not sure if it is, but the forklifts can be added to offical trucking factions like Roux, Bowman trucker's and to government I think.
Ayo.
Have a problem? Need Help? Feel free to send me a private message and I will help as soon as possible!
Reserved Tester
About me

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Michael » Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 pm

TheCoolNick wrote:I supporting with this suggestion.
Actually I can add to this suggestion if it not stated before, I am not sure if it is, but the forklifts can be added to offical trucking factions like Roux, Bowman trucker's and to government I think.
The port/government has forklifts. The idea of giving them to Roux's Bowman trucking is excellent, they could operate forklifts at the docks as well.

Tolic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tolic » Mon May 02, 2016 8:22 pm

That was the whole idea behind the forklifts. Nobody could use forkilifts until a trucking faction becomes official and they can request them to aid them. But Port of Los Santos faction is just perfect in need of forklifts.

Same goes for Securicar trucks, official trucking factions can have them and do the special deliveries such as coins from San Andreas Federal Mint to any scripted bank, or weapons from San Andreas Federal Weapon Factory to any Ammunition store.

Georgi
I love banitsa
I love banitsa
Ingame name: Rikki K . Vitaly R

Post by Georgi » Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm

Tolic wrote:
That was the whole idea behind the forklifts. Nobody could use forkilifts until a trucking faction becomes official and they can request them to aid them. But Port of Los Santos faction is just perfect in need of forklifts.

Same goes for Securicar trucks, official trucking factions can have them and do the special deliveries such as coins from San Andreas Federal Mint to any scripted bank, or weapons from San Andreas Federal Weapon Factory to any Ammunition store.
Roux does have Securicars, however they use them for security rather than actually utilize the trucking script.
*facepalm* :? :cry:

Georgi
I love banitsa
I love banitsa
Ingame name: Rikki K . Vitaly R

Post by Georgi » Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm

-delete, double post-

Ledbus
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Kate_Blackwood

Post by Ledbus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:17 am

Supporting this.

Unloading all the crates, running back and fought over and over, seems non-rp'ly for me. as In real life. There are always fork lifts at docks.

Non3
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Non3 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:55 am

Alonzo. wrote:
John Collins wrote:I wouldn't mind the fork lifts set for higher job level truckers. Would be an incentive for the people that use the larger crate carrying vehicles, as well as more realistic. Only exception I wouldn't mind as if you were in an official trucker faction the trucker job level wouldn't matter.
Well said.

At the moment I haven't seen the forklifts being used at all. It makes sense that the players with highest rank to be able to use them as they wouldn't mess around with them. No one would risk losing the highest trucker rank just to fool around with the forklifts.
I've already saw some workers were using the forklifts not sure if they are CITY Gov members, but i saw them unloading the cargo using forklift so there's already a script.

David Wolf
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: David Wolf

Post by David Wolf » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:30 am

Georgi wrote: Roux does have Securicars, however they use them for security rather than actually utilize the trucking script.
*facepalm* :? :cry:
Yeah, I'd tried to tell them that. And the admins stocked up the businesses, so there is nothing script-wise to transport anymore :/
Spoiler: show

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Georgi wrote:Or higher leveled truckers can stack up 2-3 crates on their hands.
That would be even more irealistic. Used an online tool to calculate the weight of a crate with the volume of one cubic meter of powdered sugar and it came out that it would be around 800 kilograms. If it's wrong, let's say it's 50 kg which is a lot, you can't really pick it up, not easily. Stacking more boxes like that would be impossible.

I am for your suggestion, but not for a high price to get the license. I am not roleplaying as a trucker, won't use the system, but it's not like all the new systems that are implemented have to cost a lot or be pretty not accessible to the public. You can put a price like the driving license, $5,000.

So I am supporting.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Return to “Job Suggestions”