Trucker Job - product prices adjustment

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

corporateidentity
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Helmut Biermann

Post by corporateidentity » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

I really fell in love with trucking lately and also love the huge range of trucks, but there's a few improvements/problems that should be fixed to make it more interesting to low-ranked truckers.

For example:

- If you are a new trucker and you want to buy bricks for 500$ and sell them for 1300$, which is a good profit you will see that the ocean docks concrete plant is most likely /always/ empty on bricks.

This is caused because nobody would deliver aggregates to the concrete plant, because it's not that profitable.

Same problem, other place:

The place in Fierro where vehicles get produced, it's empty 24/7. So if you take all the money together to buy a expensive Packer in order to deliver cars, you will be very disappointed that the storage is empty like all the time. This is also caused because it's not really profitable for high ranked trucks to deliver the dyes to that place.

High ranked truckers most likely do nothing else besides delivering malt, because this makes the most money.

It'd probably be better to adjust the product-prices so the delivering chain of the products works out better for factories who produce products that help low ranked truckers.

Low ranked truckers most likely do nothing else besides delivering meals

If you'd adjust the prices it'd change the sorts of trucks we see on the road and give us a bigger product range to work on, which makes the job more interesting. Also low ranked truckers could earn more money and stay on the job.

Rakatonk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jolie_Cooper

Re: Trucker Job - product prices adjustment

Post by Rakatonk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:20 pm

I highly agree on that suggestion. When I used to truck around I didn't do anything else besides the food run, as I had no high level truck.

The malt run and the food run are the most profitable routes so far and the balancing of the deliverable goods is more than unbalanced.
Adjusting the prices would indeed most likeley increase the transportation of other goods or the trucker roleplay in General.
San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Lieutenant Jolie Cooper

Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.

Gøøner
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gøøner » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Yes, some trucks aren't really that profitable if you buy them. Like dft and packer, especially packer. I had one and you earn as much as someone earns with their RC Van, which cost 350k less than Packer.

Imuno
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Paul Hansen

Post by Imuno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:20 am

That's right. Some prices are to low. Trucking now, I think,are a one of the best money making job. Then higher your rank, then more money you will increase, that's perfect. But, there's things wich could do trucking a LOT better.

Main goal is to:
Increase price of wanted cargo.
Help other player (new truckers), diliver cargo for better money.

Why no one dilivers some stuff? Simple. It's didn't gives any incomes.

There's a some cargo diliveries timers:
Coton - Inpouder farm - Doherty textile ~8:00; income 3.000: Hour - 21.000
Aggregate - Fort Carson quarry - Ocean Docks factory ~10:00; income 3.000: Hour - 18.000
Scrap Metal - Westone Yard - "LS Metals" ~13:00; income 3.600: Hour - ~14.000
Cereal-Malt - BB farm - Las Paysaydas - BB factory 12:00; income 4.800+3.300=8.100: Hour - 40.000
In that time incounts: Loading-Travel-Unloading-Travel back. (Counted with Roadtrain)

Simple. If all things gonna give same 40k per hour or even more, then will be no problems with other stuff. There always will be, bricks, steel shapes. Steel shapes you can diliver to get Appliances, for bussnises, or from cars . From Coton, it's gonna go to Clothes.
It gonna change borring thing doing BB LasP BB, to almost all map traveling.

It's will gives a lot. Please, make truckers happy.

corporateidentity
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Helmut Biermann

Post by corporateidentity » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Damn Paul Hansen. I've seen you a lot while trucking. And I think I even understood what you are trying to say. But you really need to work on your english. :lol:

I think he tried to say that some cargos should maybe be as profitable as the malt runs. So people wouldn't go for malt runs only ?

If that's the case, I agree.

edit:

If a loose trailer could haul bricks, it'd be a profitable run for Prof Truckers to haul Aggregates & Bricks.
Otherwise you keep gotta switch trailers, which takes so much time that it's not even worth doing it.

Gøøner
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gøøner » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:45 am

I don't know why nobody sees this. Developers need to change it. If we wanted money, we would just drive malt route, but it really isn't ok that only that route is profitable.

Ari
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Ari » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:07 pm

With the recent price increase for PF license weapons, I feel increasing legal jobs income would make an incentive to actually truck, since a lot of people just RP illegal or a cop instead because you make more money easier.

Legal/passive income for legal RPers needs to be buffed or just remove the ranking since people need an incentive.

Ingram
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Say my name.

Post by Ingram » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:58 pm

I've recently sent the scripter of the job a message, so I'll just place a quote of it here.
Ingram wrote:Only if you got free time to read.

Hello! I'm not a scumbag nor a money hunger player in game, I got two characters I play with, one of them is a paramedic in which I role play for above than a year, and the second one I just made a trucker. I've purchased the DFT-30 truck, I honestly enjoy role playing as a trucker, it's just feels good to drive around with the truck and deliver stuff, remain some realism, I wish I could see way more linerunners and those huge trucks besides of bobcats to deliver products, it just feels nice to see those trucks driving around the county and maintaining the high role play. However there aren't that many of them, there are two particular reasons, there are those who dream about being a trucker and drive those huge trucks but have no chances in reaching that odd amount of cash (No offense! :)) And those who does got the money somehow and enjoy the role play but their values of delivering products are very, very low on our current server economy (Prices has raised since your amazing trucking revolution), I'm not sure if it's whether suppose to be handled IC or OOC, afterall those who sell you the products are virtual bots and not actual people who you can associate with about the values.

I believe in order to raise abit the importance of the trucking career, the prices of the trucks shall be abit lowered, for example a Tanker which costs almost 1,000,000$ Which an average role player has no chances to reach but work for a very long time to get that money (People don't pay for trucks in real life) and then each deliver of the highest material as Transformer get barley paid 2k is abit shame. (No offense!), So I believe lowering the prices of the trucks for around 500-600k for the biggest truck and others as Linerunner for example for around 400k, DFT-30 worth around 250-300k and so on and then get paid for around a few percent more, for example a Transformer I usually deliver I shall buy for around 2,000 and sell for around 4,000-5,000$, (This is the highest deliver if im not mistaken, others are obviously for lower buy/sell), people can reach around 10k maybe or abit more delivering Transformers, others can reach 6-8k, bobcats around 4-5k at maximum products deliver per hour. Seeing people who buy 1 milion truck and get paid 2-3k maximum each hour and then /v buypark for 2.5k is just abit odd, don't forget that people who wants to buy a linerunner and one of the fun truck every trucker wants to drive, we need to reach a few weeks of a good gameplay, i mean there are people who won't play 24/7 but around 4-5 hours a day yet needs around 100 hours. (But this is not related to the discussion, that's stable more or less)

Once again, I really appreciate your career trucking, I love it, I will keep playing as a trucker even if I won't get paid, just a general point out, thank you very much, that's just my personal opinion I believe is more logic to do! (Sorry about spelling mistakes I wrote this pretty damn quick) :)

Most important to not forget, medium role player who dream about having a truck and to drive like in trucker simulator, he has 3 difficulties that blocks his way to the gameplay he wants to enjoy, and then it leads to a boredom and loss of intersts.
1. He has to wait 60-100 hours to drive a real truck, not a bobcat.
2. He has no way to reach that money, he doesn't enjoy to do any other stuff, he won't gamble, he won't play as a doctor or anything else, he's not good enough to join an official faction, his English is not that well + he doesn't want to join any other faction but to specifically play as a trucker. (Even if he will drive with a Yosemite, bobcats or other small trucks and try to reach 500k or so it will take him like fifty three years)
3. Dream came true, yet he gets paid for around 3k maximum in an hour with a Tanker.

I hope you read abit, I really do like your job absolutely not regret buying a truck for that money, thank you very much :P
P.S I might be wrong, i'm new to this job I just share my personal opinion about your script and values you asked to PM you if needed anything at the thread, thank you!

P.s I might be wrong, i'm new to the career, for example bricks etc. are being sold like 1.3k for each and maximum I can carry with my truck is 3 so I get around 3k(if im not mistaken) can reach more within an hour.

In conclusion, you really don't have to do anything, I might be wrong I just had an opinion about the values, so I think the right thing to do is to either lower the trucks prices or raise the deliver products (Example if a Transformer worth 2k at Ocean Docks, make it worth 4-5) after all people worked really hard to get that truck not just for the RP but for IC money, I personally don't really care! :)

Overall, I think it will be correct to either lower the truck prices or I'd personally suggest to just raise the deliver products income, One last example, today I took my DFT-30 to deliver a Transformer from LV to Tierda robada, I paid 1k for the Transformer and I sell it for 2k, means 1k profit (Which is nothing nowdays) at the middle I stopped in 24/7 and paid 500 bucks to enter it, eventually ended up at 500 bucks profit. went to 24/7 and didn't pay anything as it was for free this one, bought a "Drink" paid more 500.. (Random example), not to mention the other stuff, boombox at around 10,000$ etc lol.

I've edited the msg around ten times already, just added some more info from my point of view, would be really nice to see those minor things changed.

Ari
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Ari » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Ingram wrote:I've recently sent the scripter of the job a message, so I'll just place a quote of it here.
Ingram wrote:Only if you got free time to read.

Hello! I'm not a scumbag nor a money hunger player in game, I got two characters I play with, one of them is a paramedic in which I role play for above than a year, and the second one I just made a trucker. I've purchased the DFT-30 truck, I honestly enjoy role playing as a trucker, it's just feels good to drive around with the truck and deliver stuff, remain some realism, I wish I could see way more linerunners and those huge trucks besides of bobcats to deliver products, it just feels nice to see those trucks driving around the county and maintaining the high role play. However there aren't that many of them, there are two particular reasons, there are those who dream about being a trucker and drive those huge trucks but have no chances in reaching that odd amount of cash (No offense! :)) And those who does got the money somehow and enjoy the role play but their values of delivering products are very, very low on our current server economy (Prices has raised since your amazing trucking revolution), I'm not sure if it's whether suppose to be handled IC or OOC, afterall those who sell you the products are virtual bots and not actual people who you can associate with about the values.

I believe in order to raise abit the importance of the trucking career, the prices of the trucks shall be abit lowered, for example a Tanker which costs almost 1,000,000$ Which an average role player has no chances to reach but work for a very long time to get that money (People don't pay for trucks in real life) and then each deliver of the highest material as Transformer get barley paid 2k is abit shame. (No offense!), So I believe lowering the prices of the trucks for around 500-600k for the biggest truck and others as Linerunner for example for around 400k, DFT-30 worth around 250-300k and so on and then get paid for around a few percent more, for example a Transformer I usually deliver I shall buy for around 2,000 and sell for around 4,000-5,000$, (This is the highest deliver if im not mistaken, others are obviously for lower buy/sell), people can reach around 10k maybe or abit more delivering Transformers, others can reach 6-8k, bobcats around 4-5k at maximum products deliver per hour. Seeing people who buy 1 milion truck and get paid 2-3k maximum each hour and then /v buypark for 2.5k is just abit odd, don't forget that people who wants to buy a linerunner and one of the fun truck every trucker wants to drive, we need to reach a few weeks of a good gameplay, i mean there are people who won't play 24/7 but around 4-5 hours a day yet needs around 100 hours. (But this is not related to the discussion, that's stable more or less)

Once again, I really appreciate your career trucking, I love it, I will keep playing as a trucker even if I won't get paid, just a general point out, thank you very much, that's just my personal opinion I believe is more logic to do! (Sorry about spelling mistakes I wrote this pretty damn quick) :)

Most important to not forget, medium role player who dream about having a truck and to drive like in trucker simulator, he has 3 difficulties that blocks his way to the gameplay he wants to enjoy, and then it leads to a boredom and loss of intersts.
1. He has to wait 60-100 hours to drive a real truck, not a bobcat.
2. He has no way to reach that money, he doesn't enjoy to do any other stuff, he won't gamble, he won't play as a doctor or anything else, he's not good enough to join an official faction, his English is not that well + he doesn't want to join any other faction but to specifically play as a trucker. (Even if he will drive with a Yosemite, bobcats or other small trucks and try to reach 500k or so it will take him like fifty three years)
3. Dream came true, yet he gets paid for around 3k maximum in an hour with a Tanker.

I hope you read abit, I really do like your job absolutely not regret buying a truck for that money, thank you very much :P
P.S I might be wrong, i'm new to this job I just share my personal opinion about your script and values you asked to PM you if needed anything at the thread, thank you!

P.s I might be wrong, i'm new to the career, for example bricks etc. are being sold like 1.3k for each and maximum I can carry with my truck is 3 so I get around 3k(if im not mistaken) can reach more within an hour.

In conclusion, you really don't have to do anything, I might be wrong I just had an opinion about the values, so I think the right thing to do is to either lower the trucks prices or raise the deliver products (Example if a Transformer worth 2k at Ocean Docks, make it worth 4-5) after all people worked really hard to get that truck not just for the RP but for IC money, I personally don't really care! :)

Overall, I think it will be correct to either lower the truck prices or I'd personally suggest to just raise the deliver products income, One last example, today I took my DFT-30 to deliver a Transformer from LV to Tierda robada, I paid 1k for the Transformer and I sell it for 2k, means 1k profit (Which is nothing nowdays) at the middle I stopped in 24/7 and paid 500 bucks to enter it, eventually ended up at 500 bucks profit. went to 24/7 and didn't pay anything as it was for free this one, bought a "Drink" paid more 500.. (Random example), not to mention the other stuff, boombox at around 10,000$ etc lol.

I've edited the msg around ten times already, just added some more info from my point of view, would be really nice to see those minor things changed.
afaik he's not a very active dev, gl if he reads it, extra props if he does something about it.

Tolic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tolic » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:50 pm

I did the same thing;
Tolic wrote:Hey there TomsonTom. I hope you do fine with your life and checking these forums from time to time. I'm writing you because the job could use some updates. The following suggestions are mine, I consider the following points as problems;
  • The malt/cereal route from FleischBerg Brewery to Las Payasdas Malt House needs to be adjusted. I spent few hours each day and believe me, I'm only seeing truckers with dump trailers (artict2) on this route. Nobody is transporting agreggate or scrap metal. The earning on malt/cereal route is twice or even triple unlike the agreggate/scrap metal route. It's a lot shorter route and you don't have to drive empty in one direction. When it comes to agreggate/scrap metal routes are longer and pays very low in comparison to malt/cereal routes.

I would like to suggest to reduce the pay to half on malt/cereal route and double the pay on agreggate/cereal route because it's double longer and you are empty in one direction. Or add another type of cargo that needs to be transported in dump trailer from city to balance it.
  • Fuel price needs to be adjusted on this route: Green Palms Refinery - Ocean Docks Ship. The price for buying and selling is same which means we got no profit.
  • It's rare to see a Packer transporting vehicles, DFT-30 transporting wood logs, transformers or bricks, Flatbed that transports loose material like dump trailer. Prices could be adjusted to earn more from transporting such type of cargo.
  • New players that just started the truckers career with pick-up trucks earn really low in my opinion. Raising the profit on pick-up trucks transportation would boost they morale in advancing throught the career.

I really love this job and I enjoy it both IRL and IG. I'm willing to help you with anything if you need, I hope you will take this in consideration and maybe adjusts few things on the script.

Best regards!

Ingram
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Say my name.

Post by Ingram » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Good one, there's definitely a fuck about the profite, I've started recently drive a Yankee and my profits are also barley reaches 2-5k an hour (with a hard work). Although no matter how much the profit is, I still enjoy role playing a trucker but getting abit more cash will motivate me even more, however I need that cash to purchase a truck etc. For example, I worked my ass off transporting wood logs and transformers, barley reached 4k within an hour and /v buypark, lost all of them, lol.

Generally what is needed is abit more stuff to transfer like more products, paints for pay and sprays, and more cargos (There are non stop cargos ideas) (espeically to those trucks who barley transferes anything, e.g I wanted to buy a Flatbed, got dissapointed when I figured he only transferes 1 thing, wont even enjoy it). and raise the selling prices, e.g if a cargo of meal crate costs 360 bucks at the ocean docks and you buy it for 250$, then make the crate costs around 500 bucks and you sell it for 1,000$-1,500$, nowadays thats how LS:RP economy works (Make atleast a profit of 800 bucks each crate instead of 100-150 bucks) the only trucks that earn the most are obviously the big trucks (yet they dont earn that much), there are people who make 5k in less than 30 seconds doing "/t blackjack come play 5k, /coin, /coin, /coin", and there are truckers who work their assess off wasiting a lot of gameplay and showing a huge rp motivation around LS:RP, showing people remaining some realism and working around barley reach the 3-5k after an hour of hard work. (i don't care about the cash, i mean I do care but won't comparing it to RP) not to mention being robbed x10 times a day.

Since I've began to rp as a trucker I also had my car mechanic side job, I was rping 24/7 as a trucker for the past few days, I've noticed my mechanic's paycheck is X4 more than the cash from trucking, lol.

To be honest some people say they earn 40k an hour (Probably with the trailers) I personally don't even imagine how is it possible.

In conclusion, the opener of the thread is definitely right and so are the replies, I bet TomTomson is damn smart person to script such system so I bet he will understand once reading it, if he will.

Dat Hoovy
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Dat Hoovy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 am

Btw, if you make the gunpowder + meal route, you get a little bit more profit than a meat/eggs + meal route. However, it takes a few extra minutes to make, and needs you to invest more.

Let's take both routes now, complete with an RC Van (10 crates):

Meat + Meal route = -$1900 (meal buy) -$700 (meat buy) + $3600 (meal sell) + $1700 (meat sell) = $270 profit per crate

Gunpowder + Meal route = -$1900 (meal buy) - $1700 (GP buy) + $3000 (GP sell) + $3600 (Meal sell) = $300 profit per crate

Return to “Job Suggestions”