Special job script rights

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Rosato
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Special job script rights

Post by Rosato » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 pm

People want to run their own businesses. Mechanical services, trucking corporations, private security and investigation services, farms, fish markets, taxi depots, waste management companies - these are all jobs and businesses, you could say, are fully controlled by their respective scripts. Players can only make use of these scripts to make their own money, and as freelancers. Actually running a company based on these scripts is impossible, or very limited. Anyone can open a taxi depot and have drivers "working under him," but the script feeds itself, not the business manager. The business owner does not accumulate any income by having a business and workers, yet he has to pay them. Let me elaborate...

In most cases when someone makes an attempt at running a business, they have to spend out of their own pocket to pay their workers. There is no real income being produced for the person(s) running the company or service. People have to pretty much cheat or find alternative ways to still make money, instead of there being a realistic and working system for entrepreneurs.

Let me give you an example: I've seen people making trash hauling companies where they attracted new employees by offering company trucks for them to use while collecting trash, so they did not have to buy those trucks themselves. This is ideal for poor and new players who do not have that kind of money. But, of course, this is an expense for the company owner. It costs him money. He now has to demand a percentage of what his workers make and allow them to keep the rest of the money. This is almost the only way to create an income, because the script, like I mentioned before, only feeds itself. When you really think about it, this is an OOC solution, if that makes sense... The money the workers make by using the script goes directly to themselves. There is also no way of monitoring the workers to see if what they give you back is the real amount they earned.

Realistically, and ideally, the money should go to the company owner, and the company owner in turn has to pay his workers for doing the work. Every waste management company now also needs to obtain specific routes, because it's not simply a matter of getting the job and driving into checkpoint after checkpoint and then immediately getting paid. This is the only way to a healthy and realistic economy and good business/entrepreneurial roleplay.

Another example could be a PI (private investigation) service. There have been numerous failed attempts at making a successful PI firm. The Detective Job script offers the tools, but the demand for the service is low. That's because everyone who needs it might as well just get the job himself. By disabling that option, and making the Detective Job exclusive only for people who run PI firms; anyone wishing to become a private detective/investigator has to join an existing PI firm that has control over the tools the Detective Job script offers. The business owner(s), or supervisors in the firm, can enable the script for their employees. The workers are not freelancers anymore. They depend on the work the company finds for them. Anyone in need of the service has to make an appointment with the firm. If this is implemented, it will actually be a company with managers, workers and consumers.

You can articulate the same theory or principle, any way you want, in other script-dependent jobs like the Trucker Job (ie, trucking corporations or logistics), the Fisher Job (ie, fish markets) and the Farmer Job (ie, farms or plantations).

My suggestion is, in essence, to simply give special rights to business owners to make use of the job script's tools and options in ways that will make sense for them to acquire income and produce work for their employees by making them dependent on them. This is how a real business and entrepreneurial environment should feel. Basically, there is more structure. It would no longer be a group of freelancers under 1 umbrella, which is the case right now if we're honest.

I understand this is a lot to take in all at once and I'm not expecting this to be easy to implement straight away, but it could be tested on a single job script like the detective or garbage man job. This doesn't have to mean completely getting rid of independent freelance jobs either. There's enough ways to find middle ground and implement the best of both. I just think we all want to see legitimately working businesses that make sense and are both realistic and profitable for everyone involved. It will also result in more dynamic between business owners, workers and consumers.

Salahudeen_Mansur
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Special job script rights

Post by Salahudeen_Mansur » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:57 pm

I'd love to see this idea implemented.
However, there should be requirements for owning businesses. They should be limited and given via applications (like the fighting instructor jobs). Let me elaborate:
The entrepreneur would have to apply to own a scripted entreprise; if accepted, he would have to pay a fee for the office, and an additional one for the contract with the State of San Andreas. There would be a variety of offices on the offer, such as the one in Ocean Docks, or in Willowfield's scrapyard.
"Yemen produces coffee, Egypt cotton, Iraq dates, Palestine oranges, Lebanon whores, and Syria troubles and ruthless men."

Claasiic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Rayan_Abbas

Post by Claasiic » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm supporting this.
Salahudeen_Mansur wrote:I'd love to see this idea implemented.
However, there should be requirements for owning businesses. They should be limited and given via applications (like the fighting instructor jobs). Let me elaborate:
The entrepreneur would have to apply to own a scripted entreprise; if accepted, he would have to pay a fee for the office, and an additional one for the contract with the State of San Andreas. There would be a variety of offices on the offer, such as the one in Ocean Docks, or in Willowfield's scrapyard.
Yes, this makes it more realistic and easier.

Rosato
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Rosato » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Good point.

By the way, I wanted to stress that this suggestion can co-exist perfectly fine with the current system. It's not a replacement, but rather an upgrade or addition to the current system.

KalleNz0r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by KalleNz0r » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:29 am

Yes this.
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned for spamming.

Riches
Enforcer
Enforcer

Post by Riches » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Love it.
Last edited by Marky on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned: Spam
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me.”

Unknown_Artist

Post by Unknown_Artist » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:11 am

Supporting. It would add much more real roleplay to the server and real +/- profit to the business owner.

Exkra
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Exkra » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Support this.
Last edited by Marky on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned: Spam

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Michael » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

It makes sense but how do you propose this is technically structured and implemented into the script? I agree with it completely but it sounds like it's a lot to think up.

As for detectives I can see a good way of this working. You let people apply to run detective firms just like people apply to become a fighting instructor. There are requirements like owning an office. Then only those firm owners can give out the job. They can also revoke it. They would be closely watched by a team in the staff to make sure they're not giving the job out to just anyone.

Return to “Job Suggestions”