[Mechanic Job] The way we RP

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Darnel Lee
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Classified

[Mechanic Job] The way we RP

Post by Darnel Lee » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:34 am

Well my title basically states the full reason behind my suggestion. When you here the word mechanic you think about a tow truck made be and maybe also a garage ? well yes those are just somethings a mechanic need to make sure he gets paid.
Let's get to the point here. This is a Heavy Role-Play server and I believe it's petty we have players driving around in a tow truck and do /service anywhere. or spray the vehicle on the street. I believe we should utilize the many garage shops we have. HOW? you may ask? well make it so that you could only use the /server cmd there do it could be properly RPed.

Darnel Lee
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Re: [Mechanic Job] The way we RP

Post by Darnel Lee » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:34 am

Please feel free to add your ideas to mine.

Jalender
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Devin Lawrence

Post by Jalender » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:38 am

I completely agree with the suggestion. In my opinion I think it would make it more enjoyable and fun for both parties
Characters
Alive
Devin Lawrence, Kyle Diaz,

Pepequento
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Kauan_Mendes

Post by Pepequento » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:44 am

This would just make all the mechanics fight for an avalable garage shop, and they'll always rush to be the first one to do /service once a client arrives. This would even make things worse.

I don't think there's any suggestion that we can do to the script to force mechanics to roleplay. If we want mechanics to roleplay, all we should do is always encourage mechanics to RP properly. Maybe give OOC warnings/punishments if they're not RPing... but forcing them to be in a garage isn't a solution in my opinion.

Note that some mechanics do RP fixing vehicles, but the client itself asks in /b for the mechanic not to RP. Happend to me a lot. Also, to make it even harder for mechanics to RP the fixing/respray, the automatic time you have to wait before the car is fixed script-wisely is WAY TOO short. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to fix an entire broken bodywork. I can barely do a single /me that, as soon as the script is done with the repair, the client simply drives off.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:37 am

I think things like an engine repair and re-spray should be done in garages, increase the spray time so people take longer than 10-20 seconds, and so mechanic aren't fitting a whole new engine on the side of the road.
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

Popcorns
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Popcorns » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Justus wrote:I think things like an engine repair and re-spray should be done in garages, increase the spray time so people take longer than 10-20 seconds, and so mechanic aren't fitting a whole new engine on the side of the road.
Really agree with it, I think that there is a need to add garages to make the mechanics roleplay inside of them, will be more realistic.

Steve_Jonathan
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Trololo

Post by Steve_Jonathan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:38 am

Popcorns wrote:
Justus wrote:I think things like an engine repair and re-spray should be done in garages, increase the spray time so people take longer than 10-20 seconds, and so mechanic aren't fitting a whole new engine on the side of the road.
Really agree with it, I think that there is a need to add garages to make the mechanics roleplay inside of them, will be more realistic.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:32 am

Or you could divide a big garage into smaller fixing spaces. When a mechanic wants to fix cars, they occupy one and wait for customers. The on-street respray thing is ridiculous, since a car needs to have special conditions when being resprayed. I also think that the tow trucks should be used to tow or gas fill the cars, since, let's say your windshield is broken, what can you RP on street to repair it? For most of the repairs, you need new parts. When fixing broken doors / hood / trunk, you need a pneumatic hammer, then something to smoothen the area and respray it since the actual paint was damaged due to the hits. So yeah, what do you say about my idea?
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Darnel Lee
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Darnel Lee » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

FlowN wrote:Or you could divide a big garage into smaller fixing spaces. When a mechanic wants to fix cars, they occupy one and wait for customers. The on-street respray thing is ridiculous, since a car needs to have special conditions when being resprayed. I also think that the tow trucks should be used to tow or gas fill the cars, since, let's say your windshield is broken, what can you RP on street to repair it? For most of the repairs, you need new parts. When fixing broken doors / hood / trunk, you need a pneumatic hammer, then something to smoothen the area and respray it since the actual paint was damaged due to the hits. So yeah, what do you say about my idea?
One word "Great"

Return to “Job Suggestions”