[Mechanic Job] Components System

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Heartnett
Civilian
Civilian

[Mechanic Job] Components System

Post by Heartnett » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:05 am

Hi, so a lot of people have realized that most of the mechanics are hardly doing their jobs. And I have been on LSRP for about a week so far. And once I started working as a mechanic scriptly, I found that the stock in Sotrlian Autos is never refilled. The mechanic components (car parts) are literally never re-stocked. Which will force the mechanics to stop working, which will lead to a lot of cars getting wrecked and never fixed. This can also affect the server's economy.

After searching in the forums, I found that a lot of people have posted the same thread I'm talking about right now. So I decided to take the initiative to take this issue completely ICly and started wasting my money and posting advertisements about the truckers so I could get their attention and finally get them to call me to discuss the issue with them. I also offered the truckers who called me money if they would deliver some car parts to Slorian Autos so mechanics could /buycomp and start doing their job. But 90% of them refused because it's not "fruitful" for them, they said that transporting car parts to Storlain Autos doesn't pay them a lot of money. I tried a lot ICly to convince truckers to do this task even after offering all of the money I collected once I joined the server a week ago, but they refused. But it utterly failed. And I surely couldn't afford to buy a decent-enough van to start trucking as the only one I can buy can only transport 4 crates per run, which is a pretty low amount of components; just 100 per one run if I do it myself as a trucker.

I love the mechanic job since I'm an engineer IRL and my IRL knowledge enabled me to roleplay a lot with people instead of making it just script-wise when it comes to fixing people's car. In my first day as a mechanic I had a lot of RP AND also collected about 40K cash in the first day as a mechanic. But I ran out of components and can no longer RP the thing I like.

So please, is there anyway this can be fixed?
Discuss this with me, if you may, and try to figure out a solution with me.

Return to “Job Suggestions”