Burger wrote:Old players have stacked money from previous systems
- Value of money is reduced because everyone's got too much
- Lack of properties which constantly increases their prices[/list]
They earned the money fair and square the way they did and it should not be removed. Just because they have a lot of money does not mean you can wipe their years of hard work so the economy can be fixed to benefit you. I don't see where the value of money has reduced, a dollar is a dollar and that's just how it is. The economy works by itself and if people want to increase the price of the house that they own and that they bought with their money, then they can. If someone wants to spend their money and meet the required price, then they can. No one is forcing them to purchase homes for ridiculous prices.
- More apartment complexes all around the map (more entrances mapped if need be) Interiors that do not fit the exterior (size or style) should be removed by the staff, or at least give the owner chance to remove it himself.
- Closely monitored (perhaps even a team of testers) current properties
I don't see the problem with more complexes, they are adding them and I think they're a great addition to the server. I also agree heavily with monitoring properties, especially for people who just log on for a hour every week to keep their house from being sold. I think this part of the suggestion is great.
- Businesses that generate money on their own without RP should not be player owned ( ??? ) These businesses would not be the same as current businesses, they would be scripted similar to houses. Checkpoint on the entrance could be different colour to know right away what you're standing on. You could not charge entrance fee, but you could furnish it the way you'd want. You can't get liquor or gambling license for those. Mostly used for businesses that require offices, storages, meeting rooms, and so on, whatever isn't covered in those basic business types that are currently available. The price of that business would be determined based on the size of the property, size of interior and location. That would slightly decrease demand of businesses (reduce price) and maybe owning a business for faction meetings won't have to be a bar that's never used or a restaurant anymore. Not to mention thousands of RP possibilities.
- Businesses like clubs, bars, gyms, garages, and so on stay the way they are
- People should have the ability to request business on custom location on the map
I don't believe in businesses that generate money on their own without RP. Every business has to have components delivered to it so it can function and work properly. It's up to the owner to contact people and hire them to do this job as random people aren't going to be delivering components to every single business on the server by themselves. I believe that bars and clubs are completely useless as they cost a ridiculously stupid amount and you make little to no profit compared to the price you paid for the business. No one bothers opening a club or bar every day as the amount of effort you have to put in is not rewarded in the end.
- Removing /savings system and offer alternatives Alternatives could be stock market, gold market and other e-investment types. Basically spawning money without any IG intervention should be stopped. If you want to invest money in an IG alternative of stocks you'd have to work the market yourself or pay someone to do it for you.
- Remove automatic paydays with no work requiredMechanical payday is ruining roleplay for a lot of actual mechanics. Too many people took mechanic job for the payday on and never RPed a mechanic once. It's not needed (maybe just keep it for the first 5 levels so you can learn the ropes, buy a truck and components) as it's one of the most profitable jobs out there right now. Not only it spawns money but mechanics at the dealership are rarely needed because everyone has the job. With that, I'd suggest making pay'n'sprays way more expensive than having your car fixed by a mechanic. It's too easy and doesn't require any RP. Also I'd add more advantages to the mechanical garages. Right now owning a garage doesn't help a mechanic at all nor to it's owner. I'd suggest being able to fix cars at a slightly lower price with garage owned components. That way a mechanic could work in the garage, spend company components, owner would charge the customer and pay part of the earnings to his mechanic. With current system it doesn't make sense for mechanic to even work at the garage nor it makes sense for the owner to pay him.
If there are other jobs tha require no work for payday, same should apply.
- Offer alternative for investing stacked up moneyOne of the issues is older players having a lot of money from previous system stacked up. If we want to siphon some of it from the server we need to offer then alternatives from real estate and vehicles. This part of suggestion would require additional 'commodity owning' script. For example owning gold ingots. Bank would put 1000 golden ingots for sale that players could buy and then place somewhere at home, at business, private bank or keep in bank for a certain fee. Money would go off the server but the price would eventually rise as the demand would become higher than suppy, therefore making them some money. System could be expanded to other items like silver, diamonds, art pieces (everything placable like a furniture item - even be available for the robbers). Owners would have to hire security, transport services and so on to move these items around as they'd sell them or store them.
The savings system is fine as it is, you have to put in over a thousand hours and you're rewarded fairly for it. A thousand hours is not a small amount and the $20,000,000 is more like a thank you for spending that many hours on the server. The mechanic system could be fixed. The $1,250 payment every paycheck should only be given if the person spends more than 15 minutes on mechanic duty. There should be something added similar to the taxi system but for mechanics, to where you can go on duty and all. Other than that, the mechanic system is fine as there is still a lot of RP involved with things you need a mechanic for.
The gold bar idea is stupid in my opinion. No one is going to bother buying, selling, moving, and storing their gold bars. It's really inefficient and not everyone has time to be doing that kind of stuff every time they need money for something. And them being stored in places would only encourage rule breaking and non-rp behavior as people would be desperate and do stupid things when they know that there are gold bars stored in a location. I think it would cause more harm than good.