New (illegal) car modding shop

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

New (illegal) car modding shop

Post by FlowN » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm

This just flashed through my mind, but I think there is a pretty good reason to post it out.

Modding vehicles in real life, like adding vents and bumpers, let's not even talk about NOS and hydraulics, is only done with permission from the local police. In game, we have a public shop in a big building, on a very circulated avenue, that mods any cars and even adds NOS and hydraulics, while police passes by.

1) I suggest moving this mod shop to somewhere between flats, like where the fake licenses collecting spot is, in that area or anywhere else but with similar surroundings and leaving the actual one just for buying an XM-R and other car-related services.

2) I suggest moving the "/v upgrade" feature to the actual car mod shop, since the dealership should only be used to buy cars and not upgrade their specs.

3) A drive-thru for the actual mod shop would be nice, so you won't see people nearly smashing through the windows and doing some non-rp commands in front of the building, somewhere to wait while the specs are being upgraded or so.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Badshah
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: New (illegal) car modding shop

Post by Badshah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:58 am

FlowN wrote: 2) I suggest moving the "/v upgrade" feature to the actual car mod shop, since the dealership should only be used to buy cars and not upgrade their specs.
3) A drive-thru for the actual mod shop would be nice, so you won't see people nearly smashing through the windows and doing some non-rp commands in front of the building, somewhere to wait while the specs are being upgraded or so.
uh...dealers can upgrade specs. the only things u can upgrade are shit for security which dealerships do.
also...idk if u were referring to wang cars but u dont break in to get there...u use /carmenu

!من النهر إلى البحر، ستكون فلسطين حرة

NEME$I$
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by NEME$I$ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Modding vehicles in real life, like adding vents and bumpers, let's not even talk about NOS and hydraulics, is only done with permission from the local police.
where do u live? north korea?

Cranlet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cranlet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:41 pm

FlowN wrote: Modding vehicles in real life, like adding vents and bumpers, let's not even talk about NOS and hydraulics, is only done with permission from the local police. In game, we have a public shop in a big building, on a very circulated avenue, that mods any cars and even adds NOS and hydraulics, while police passes by.
Um... where?

Because in the US (which is where we're roleplaying, don't pull the whole "BUT DURR WE'RE IN GTA NOT IRL" excuse) you don't need permission from the police to put a spoiler on your car. That just sounds absurd.

Crower
E36 Enthusiast
E36 Enthusiast
Ingame name: N H

Post by Crower » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Modifying your vehicle isn't illegal at all, especially not in the USA. USA has pretty much the biggest tuning scene in the world, after Japan. Asking the police for permission to modify your vehicle to your taste sounds very stupid. The mod shop doesn't need to be moved. If you make car tuning illegal, this would require a big adjustment to the penal code, which, let's be honest. It won't happen at all. Having custom bumpers on your vehicle isn't that big of a deal at all.

Angelina Roe
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Isabella Hollowfield

Post by Angelina Roe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:54 am

Crower wrote:Modifying your vehicle isn't illegal at all, especially not in the USA. USA has pretty much the biggest tuning scene in the world, after Japan. Asking the police for permission to modify your vehicle to your taste sounds very stupid. The mod shop doesn't need to be moved. If you make car tuning illegal, this would require a big adjustment to the penal code, which, let's be honest. It won't happen at all. Having custom bumpers on your vehicle isn't that big of a deal at all.
Mhm, even at England, they allow you to upgrade any car too but I know we're not exactly talking aobut there but anywhere you can pretty much upgrade your cars bodywork and change your plates to custom so meh. Not like this means anything, i'm not supporting this.

Return to “Vehicle Suggestions”