Apartment after house same as house after apartment

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Narc
Head of GTA Modding

Apartment after house same as house after apartment

Post by Narc » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:48 am

So basically if you own an apartment right now and wish to buy a house, you don't get stuck with the 10x MP fee.
But when you try it the other way around (so owning a house first and then buying an apartment) will require you to pay 10x the MP of the apartment. That's something I can't get my head around. Small and simple.

SmokeyZxNL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Joe_Barone

Re: Apartment after house same as house after apartment

Post by SmokeyZxNL » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Having two houses is a luxury, therefore, you pay extra fee. x10 is nothing
Current faction:
-
Event suggestion:
[LS-RP] Annual Decathlon 1st edition
Vehicle suggestion:
Using your vehicle light as indicator

Narc
Head of GTA Modding

Post by Narc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:45 pm

SmokeyZxNL wrote:Having two houses is a luxury, therefore, you pay extra fee. x10 is nothing
You did not read my suggestion, did you?

knppel
Bad News
Bad News
Ingame name: Carry Saunders

Post by knppel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Disregard what I said, given the idea is to make appartment marketprice not be affected at all by the number of properties owned this is no a bad idea. Only downside would be house owners deciding to invest in appartments they don't use and wouldn't buy elsewise since the mp would make any deal not profitable, but then again whoever can afford it does that already. Mostly it would allow complex owners to hold the vacant properties themselves at an acceptable price rather than to rely on dummies (as they currently do because the mp would ruin them).
Last edited by knppel on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narc
Head of GTA Modding

Post by Narc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:55 pm

I'm not quite sure what you guys are talking about. My suggestion is not to remove the 10x, 20x, 30x MP multiplier upon purchasing a second, third or fourth house. I'm talkin about removing the multiplier when you purchase an apartment while owning a house. Just like how it currently is when you purchase a house while owning an apartment.

knppel
Bad News
Bad News
Ingame name: Carry Saunders

Post by knppel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Narc wrote:I'm not quite sure what you guys are talking about.
I simply meant this: Due to the marketprice not raising, a character of low wealth is able to hold several appartments in complexes if he needs them, at a point of the game where naturally you couldn't afford to hold several houses, even if getting them for free like Carry did with her first appartments, for the sole reason of the marketprice shooting high.
Hence why, I believe appartments not raising the marketprice is a very friendly design that encourages starter characters to aim for an appartment rather than the own house right away, and should be left as it is.

Narc
Head of GTA Modding

Post by Narc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:35 pm

I'll put this here to hopefully clear up the confusion that has been caused.

You can scriptwisely own up to 10 houses/apartments, but one is only allowed to own 4 without permission from Marshall (head of property) to exceed that limit. Every extra house owned adds a market price multiplier. Meaning that your second house will have a 10x multiplier, your third house a 20x multiplier and your fourth house a 30x multiplier.

However, my suggestion has nothing to do with all of that. My suggestion covers the feature where currently you can buy a HOUSE while already owning an APARTMENT and it won't charge you with the 10x multiplier. But when you do it the other way around, so buying an APARTMENT while owning a HOUSE you are in fact hit with the 10x multiplier. That seems off and needs to be fixed.

Xalor
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Lucky

Post by Xalor » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:14 am

Well, this is a really great idea man, it's like... Confusing when you first buy an apartment but the 10x market price doesn't appear when you want to buy a house, but when you first buy a house and THEN an aparment it does appear.

For those people who still can't understand:

Situation 1: You have a house. You want to buy an apartment so you have the typical 10x market price multplier.

Situation 2: You have an apartment. You want to buy a house so you buy it without having the 10x market price multiplier.

What Narc means: Deleting the 10x multiplier of Situation 1 as you don't have it on Situation 2.

SmokeyZxNL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SmokeyZxNL » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:21 am

Work for your money, keep it as the way it is. Having one apartment or house already is a small luxury.
Current faction:
-
Event suggestion:
Vehicle suggestion:

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:33 am

SmokeyZxNL wrote:Work for your money, keep it as the way it is. Having one apartment or house already is a small luxury.
You've misunderstood Narc's rather basic suggestion. There's a flaw in the system.

If I buy an apartment first, then buy a house (notice the difference), I wouldn't pay x10 the market price on the house, because apartments are exempt from this multiplier in this case.

However, if I bought the house first, and the apartment after (see what's happened?) I'd be paying x10 the market price on the apartment.

Why do we pay x10 in the second scenario but not the first?

This isn't about having luxuries and removing the multiplier altogether.

SmokeyZxNL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SmokeyZxNL » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Burgoo wrote:
SmokeyZxNL wrote:Work for your money, keep it as the way it is. Having one apartment or house already is a small luxury.
You've misunderstood Narc's rather basic suggestion. There's a flaw in the system.

If I buy an apartment first, then buy a house (notice the difference), I wouldn't pay x10 the market price on the house, because apartments are exempt from this multiplier in this case.

However, if I bought the house first, and the apartment after (see what's happened?) I'd be paying x10 the market price on the apartment.

Why do we pay x10 in the second scenario but not the first?

This isn't about having luxuries and removing the multiplier altogether.
I fully understand it now, and yes, it doesn't make sense. Supporting this!
Current faction:
-
Event suggestion:
Vehicle suggestion:

Return to “House and House Items Suggestions”