Hidden armour bar

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
R.Marshall
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Rogan Marshall

Re: Hidden armour bar

Post by R.Marshall » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

knppel_alt wrote:I am against it.

To prevent metagaming we have ingame rule two in place.
And on the other hand, the widely available body armours are not yet as far as that they would be concealed (and no matter how you rp your armor- if I wear my thick leather coat irl, you can also spot right away that is less penetrable than a t-shirt).

And in return, if someone's armed visibly, I will be less likely to fight them- no metagaming in that part. It's meant to discourage people from encounters.

If anything, armour-users should be forced to wear proper clothing all the time, as that item is actually ic (pun intended against people arguing to take /mask ic on the other thread), and would realistically be visible (no matter if simulated by a tactical vest, a military skin or the mentioned stiff leather jacket that we also have as skin ingame kinda, for example).

Armour can't be concealed?
If you encounter the right one, you wouldn't instantly go "He's got a vest". You can barely even see the difference.

I fully support this idea, as it does lead to MG. Even though there's a rule placed against it, you can not prove that the player went on the armour bar, to "rob" you or what-ever.
POLICE OFFICER II ROGAN MARSHALL
Metropolitan Division Officer, G Platoon
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I did not say it cannot be concealed. I said that in most options it would not be, realistically.
On a sidenote, that dude sure looks good on his staged pictures, I highly doubt from his posing that once he moves, his vest stays completely concealed. T shirt slips up etc.

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Yegor_Babkin

Post by TamTam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Supporting this for sure.
Will glad to buy armour and avoid metagamers who see armour and go rob.

LondonSoldier
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by LondonSoldier » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Faledak wrote:I can see "WAAAAAAH HEALTH HACKS" complaints going through the roof but why not, prevents metagaming.
Perhaps but it depends on what gun is used, a Deagle almost instantly destroys all the armour in one shot, and I doubt people will cry HH because they took one additional shot as opposed to the usual 4.

Rozi
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Rozi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Supporting this all the way, it would be really useful and since it it's scripted different armour types could be implemented and they can have different levels of toughness.
Retired GTA Mods Moderator

Crower
E36 Enthusiast
E36 Enthusiast
Ingame name: N H

Post by Crower » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 am

This needs to happen. People constantly metagame people with armour above their name and then pick them out for robbing since they know they have a PF/CCW.

Flemwad
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:15 am

Mmartin look at this.

Meron
Ass Dropper
Ass Dropper

Post by Meron » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 am

I agree to this as a lot of people just simply look up to your AP bar and be like "nise kevler dood!". It's annoying.

Instead of having it visible on the nametag, it should be thrown in /stats.

Asylo!
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Zach McFlurry

Post by Asylo! » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:33 am

Definitely reasonable to me.

If it weren't for this, people would be easily able to spot out who has CCW or PF (if those who have their licenses even buy armour). If the cop's names were a standard white while on-duty, it wouldn't let people be able to MG that they're a cop by their username color and/or whether they're wearing a vest or not... That's irrelevant though.

Gesko
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: 00_00

Post by Gesko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:02 am

Supported, plus ppl like to be noobs and punch u if u have armour

Return to “General Suggestions”