only lose weapons/items on /acceptdeath, not screen

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
Kane
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

only lose weapons/items on /acceptdeath, not screen

Post by Kane » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:54 am

Hello,

if you die you shouldn't lose script items on you until you /acceptdeath. Say if you're in a shootout like a 2 v 1 and you end up dying but your pal kills the shooter. Your pal then saves your gun for you n takes you to the hospital and you survive!! You shouldn't have lost your items even after you survive!!!

Countless other examples but I don't see how this could affect anybody negatively.
Development Team

O-Boy
mullah keep pilin
mullah keep pilin
Ingame name: Thomas_Xiao

Re: only lose weapons/items on /acceptdeath, not screen

Post by O-Boy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 am

great idea!

Airwolf
The Firefighter
The Firefighter
Ingame name: Kevin_Alterlis

Post by Airwolf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:19 pm

All items are confiscated at an hospital regardless so no support from me. It's been suggested multiple times, but it's totally unrealistic to get illegal items back after going a hospital.

Flip
Game Administrator

Post by Flip » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:28 pm

How is it unrealistic for a friend to keep a hold of your contraband before FD are even called? If someone does that, how is it realistic for them to still be confiscated at the Hospital?

Airwolf
The Firefighter
The Firefighter
Ingame name: Kevin_Alterlis

Post by Airwolf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Flip_ wrote:How is it unrealistic for a friend to keep a hold of your contraband before FD are even called? If someone does that, how is it realistic for them to still be confiscated at the Hospital?
What your friends do is up to them if they actually use it accordingly if it does get implemented. This particular situation calls for "losing weapons/items on brutally wounded". Not the option to give weapons/drugs while in brutally wounded where there are currently two suggestions up for. viewtopic.php?f=321&t=597522&p=7636360

Drugs/weapons get confiscated at the hospital, if there's a command that gives you the option to give weapons/drugs to others and auto removal on all weapons/drugs with the command of /operation it'd solve the matter, however I can see it being abused ie. PMing your friends like "yo I'm brutally wounded here, take my drugs and weapons and give it back once I'm out of the hospital please" etcetera.

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Post by thekillergreece » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Nope. All weapons and drugs are always confiscated by the Hospital staff/security staff, hence why you must lose all stuff when on BW mode.

No.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

ImageImage

LukeMonre
Gangster
Gangster

Post by LukeMonre » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 pm

This could easily be abused. You could log out and log back in the next morning claiming you got beaten up. The FD will believe you and you'll get your shit back. Unless they /frisk you and call a cop.

Mercyless21
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: YEET

Post by Mercyless21 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 pm

I think that would require the script to get rewritten so you would be able to help people up if the wound isn't lethal, which I thought would be a great idea in general.

So +1 support
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

MikeTheMike
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: The Art Of War.

Post by MikeTheMike » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:33 pm

I'd agree with this system simply being there so administrators could /revive players without further refund. Though, I agree that weapons would be confiscated upon being brought to the hospital. There's really no need for a player to keep them if their goal is to be brought there. Allowing players to interact with their items in BW mode also isn't what we'd want.
former ig lead administrator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_uekl_Ghhk

Dropper
Forum Moderator

Post by Dropper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Upon being resuscitated by a medical staff, the player can lose his contraband or items. The command /operation is required to bring the victim back to life, and it could thus confiscate the victim's possessions and alert the operating staff member of them.

Kane
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Post by Kane » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Flip_ wrote:How is it unrealistic for a friend to keep a hold of your contraband before FD are even called? If someone does that, how is it realistic for them to still be confiscated at the Hospital?
@Dropper

Why can't someone role-play taking it off of you? Simple as that. Having this mentality that FD would just take it seems play 2 win to me.
Development Team

Mercyless21
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: YEET

Post by Mercyless21 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 pm

The fact that the only state is basically death really annoys me, for example, if you got beat down, you wouldn't really be dead. People should be able to help you up and the fact that you lose all your weapons upon being beaten down also annoys me. People should be able to take weapons off of you to either keep them for themselfs or to hand them back once FD helped you.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Return to “General Suggestions”