[Mapping] Speed bumps at Idlewood intersection

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Dov98
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Mapping] Speed bumps at Idlewood intersection

Post by Dov98 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello there..

As I have seen before there's a lot of suggestions to add some barriers to slow down players at the Idlewood intersection. But it's not smart to make, you already know it.. So, I've found out better way to slow down traffic w/o mapping barriers.

Everyone know that one of the biggest problems with traffic is intersection in Idlewood [below]. People drive crazy there, a lot of car crashes and all.

My suggestion is to add speed bumps at each street at this intersection. You can see on a picture below where speed bumps would be positioned.

Object of speed bumps

Well, there is several types of speed bumps in SAMP but I suggest that you should add this bump. It's enough good to slow down players cars.

I suggest you to do not add a speed bump like this on picture below, because it wouldn't help. That speed bump can not slow down a car.

I think it would help a lot to reduce trafdic in Idlewood.
Tell me your opinions ladies and gentlemen.

Zakhaev22
Protect and Serve

Re: [Mapping] Speed bumps at Idlewood intersection

Post by Zakhaev22 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 pm

Yeah it's good but PD has to check it first I think :D

EsmagaSapos
Gangster
Gangster

Post by EsmagaSapos » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 am

I like the idea, but I'm not sure if people would stop at the bump or just use it for the fun of jump big.

Meanwhile in Russia:

I Image Image
be still and know. ultimately, nothing is important.

Dov98
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dov98 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 am

EsmagaSapos wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 am
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if people would stop at the bump or just use it for the fun of jump big.

Meanwhile in Russia:

I Image Image

Ahhahahahahhahahha same happens in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but If they want their vehicles ro be in good condition, they will slow down before a speed bump.

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 am

If it'll prevent all the nonsense that usually happens there, yes please. I'm all for it. There are some other areas around the city, such as Idlewood motel area / Winona Avenue, where the train tracks are.
I don't gotta hide
no I don't got reason to lie
I don't need your drama
i don't need you to survive
Ridin' round your city like the cops now
Cause there's no way that we're gonna stop now
I'm ridin' around and my car's low

Dov98
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dov98 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Thanks for supporting guys

ZredsHD
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ZredsHD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Nice idea. I haven't seen PD really enforce any traffic laws around this area, but maybe with this mapping, the map will enforce traffic laws itself.

danielswe
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester

Post by danielswe » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Hello. Police Traffic Officer here. Could you link me the object ID for the one you are suggesting, please. I only know of this speed bump: https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_samp ... ed_bump01/ which is the one that you are suggesting not to use.
Dov98 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Dov98
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dov98 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm

danielswe wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:02 pm
Hello. Police Traffic Officer here. Could you link me the object ID for the one you are suggesting, please. I only know of this speed bump: https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_samp ... ed_bump01/ which is the one that you are suggesting not to use.
Dov98 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:27 pm
Hello, thanks for posting a comment on my suggestion. I am not too experienced in mapping. But I think that a speed bump I posted is mapped from more objects. You can import object you found but should resize it because it's not enough sized to slow down a car. People can just easily skip it. You need to spread it out. You could make the bumps like at ASGH parking, it is good. If you need more explaination, quote me again.

LHW
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: zamps

Post by LHW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 pm

I think this would work under admin supervision. Some time ago Surreal made it so people cannot go through police perimeters if the road is blocked, but people still managed to fly through them (by driving over sidewalks etc). Some admins still hand out progressive punishments to people that breach the rule. Most people will not care about the speed bumps and it will allow them to just fly through them with no IC fear that their vehicle will be damaged, that's how I see it, just like the police perimeter rules (but in this case they disregard the fact they can be arrested and they just ruin the roleplay around that perimeter) ... Some, not all, will not care.

Dov98
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dov98 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:21 pm

LHW wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 pm
I think this would work under admin supervision. Some time ago Surreal made it so people cannot go through police perimeters if the road is blocked, but people still managed to fly through them (by driving over sidewalks etc). Some admins still hand out progressive punishments to people that breach the rule. Most people will not care about the speed bumps and it will allow them to just fly through them with no IC fear that their vehicle will be damaged, that's how I see it, just like the police perimeter rules (but in this case they disregard the fact they can be arrested and they just ruin the roleplay around that perimeter) ... Some, not all, will not care.
I don't know what was happening before because I'm lsrp member since March. But yeah, it is why I am suggesting bigger /specifically/ mapped bumps. If they want to destroy their car, go ahead, jump fly through bumps and sucessful. And, to void crossing the sidewalks mappers should make a barrier on each side, like those at the Stacks.

.Baker.
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Robert Tillman

Post by .Baker. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=1563&t=667608

Has been forwarded, will see what we can come up with.

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”