Outside Furniture

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Jraw98
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Javares Walker

Outside Furniture

Post by Jraw98 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 am

I think that outside furniture should be added, it would add alot more realism as in you can actually sit on something outside of your house. Or if you're just chilling with friends, you can sit with them outside and create RP. Having this would create a ton more RP, for example if someone RP's having a dog, he can make mini cages and RP that he/she has a dog in there. Or if you have an outside business, you can set-up cages as cubicles and such. I would definitely love to see this implemented into the script.

AdamplayeR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Outside Furniture

Post by AdamplayeR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:11 pm

This should be limited with properties with enough space outside, like the big houses down at East Los Santos that have backyards, etc.
But over all, I think it will just increase the realism of the server, don't see a disadvantage in this suggestion.
Supporting.
Redbeard <3 poisonskittles <3 wallan <3

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, it could be allowed for houses, like 5 items (?) Maybe 10. Table, chairs, maybe some plants, nothing too extreme.

I support.

pablo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Can easily be abused imo. But a lot of times I've RP'd having a barbecue and the imagination is the only thing that applies for the role-play to maintain being realistic. Adding a handful of items to outside exteriors can change a scene a lot.

AdamplayeR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by AdamplayeR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Colonel. wrote:Can easily be abused imo. But a lot of times I've RP'd having a barbecue and the imagination is the only thing that applies for the role-play to maintain being realistic. Adding a handful of items to outside exteriors can change a scene a lot.

How can it be abused?
It's like everything else in the game, weapons can be abused, clothes, vehicles..

Treakz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Treakz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't think someone will abuse, and if they do, ban, just like at clothing. I'd really like to see some exterior designing. Thumbs up.
Cleavon Brudos - Skidrow Sinners OG (deceased)
Retired from SA-MP in 2015

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Well, it won't be given to every place(?).Backyards of Palomino houses, Richman houses, Vinewood and such places.Places with a reasonable exterior.I doubt anyone would abuse it.It'll just make them stupid as hell and as you can see the name of the owner once you walk in the door, they'd get punished severely. Other than that "possibility", I fail to see any downsides.Maybe lags the server a bit but hey, it's an awesome feature after all.

Inked
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Inked » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

My streamer is gonna punch me in the face.

But I mean, it'd still be cool none the less. Especially there could be some creative implementations (like the suggested dog house).

Kaspar000
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Mr. Benedict

Post by Kaspar000 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Not supporting.
First, there will be lots of work, you need to draw a line where you can put objects and all the gardens are different size.
Secondly, I like this server because there are no mappings around( I dont count interiors). In other servers I have played... OMG, gates front of every house, lots of chairs and tables around, like junkyard.
Thirdly, people who think that maybe you could put thing 5m from your house door, then this thing is going to happen - People will put things on the streets, middle of the road...

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Kaspar000 wrote:Thirdly, people who think that maybe you could put thing 5m from your house door, then this thing is going to happen - People will put things on the streets, middle of the road...

Not going to happen.If this was to be implemented, just give it some logic.Do you think the staff team wouldn't enforce / prevent that?

Also, good things require good work.

Treakz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Treakz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Actually got a second thought about it. If everyone customized their house exteriors that would create a lot of LAG because of the many many objects, so yeah. I'm in between.
Cleavon Brudos - Skidrow Sinners OG (deceased)
Retired from SA-MP in 2015

pablo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

AdamplayeR wrote:
Colonel. wrote:Can easily be abused imo. But a lot of times I've RP'd having a barbecue and the imagination is the only thing that applies for the role-play to maintain being realistic. Adding a handful of items to outside exteriors can change a scene a lot.

How can it be abused?
It's like everything else in the game, weapons can be abused, clothes, vehicles..

Putting furniture in the middle of the street, someone else's house, the list is endless.

Jraw98
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Javares Walker

Post by Jraw98 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Actually, about the lag, you can have a furniture limit for it, and as for people putting stuff in the street, you can have a system like the /v buypark system where it detects where your house is, so just like when you /v buypark at your house and you get free parking, same thing with this, it detects your house and you can only put it to a certain limit.

-XpAnDeR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jermaine Drayton

Post by -XpAnDeR » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Supporting, there should be a range for that so you cannot put it at someone else house, only at the specific range of your house.
Current and previous characters:
Sergei "Isay" Isayev - ALIVE
Enery "EJ" Jones "Uptown Kilo Block" - DEAD
Dante "Demon" Jackson "Uptown Kilo Block" - Out for business
Jermaine "Dray" Drayton "Civillian"" - Alive

AdamplayeR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by AdamplayeR » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Jraw98 wrote:Actually, about the lag, you can have a furniture limit for it, and as for people putting stuff in the street, you can have a system like the /v buypark system where it detects where your house is, so just like when you /v buypark at your house and you get free parking, same thing with this, it detects your house and you can only put it to a certain limit.

Exactly, and they can only have a few furnitures to avoid FPS lag, also, as a sub-suggestion to this, thoughts of adding a few walls to the furniture that you can add outside your house? (Silver or above donators only of course)
So we can make small garages for vehicles, or adding a platform in front of the front door or, making a small greenhouse(?)

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”