Weapon Damage Values

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Forbes.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: S.ARTIS

Weapon Damage Values

Post by Forbes. » Fri May 01, 2015 11:03 am

This is a very very simple suggestion but will fix a magnitude of problems there currently is with mass DM as opposed to realistic roleplayed shooting.

Revert the Desert Eagle damage back to how it was before Krisk nerfed it, and nerf the M4 damage slightly so that we can balance the guns used in shootouts back out to what it used to be before, for example. Back in 2010-2012 there would be /alot/ more deagles used in shootouts on the server, however now, even though the roleplay quality of the server has increased, everyone uses M4's to get a really high kill count because the damage is obscene and they rarely roleplay it.

Please do not lock this topic, you lock all the general discussions on it so I've decided to suggest it formally, it really is a massive problem on the server, you cannot say 'report a player' because the way the server is formatted right now, people can mass DM other factions with automatic guns instead of using handguns and the other weapons realistically because it's within the rules, whereas those who try to roleplay their shootings to the fullest and use realistic weaponry for these shootings get punished because basically if you get hit with an M4 you are completely fucked, and the gun is so accessible pretty much everyone on the server has them.
VENI VIDI VICI
KILO BLOCK X LOCOTES X3 X HARMONY OAKS

Skalleper
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Revert the Deagle, Reduce the M4.

Post by Skalleper » Fri May 01, 2015 12:30 pm

This sounds pretty good to be honest. I'd love to see more usage of handguns instead of automatics, applying for both sides of the law.

Skalleper wrote:Resigned. Can't find time enough for LS-RP, might be back one day.

King Brando
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by King Brando » Sat May 02, 2015 4:01 am

Supporting to the fullest. Especially the PD, they love /takegun 3 ((m4)) against deagle shootouts having such a greater advantage than they already have.
I think glocks did 86 damage, or 78 last I recall and AKs/m4 did like 45?

JayTalonMariano
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: they say wow now

Post by JayTalonMariano » Sat May 02, 2015 4:07 am

Down vote, there's other ways to fix the automatic weapons flood on the server. The deagle is fine.

Jody_Shak
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Jody_Shak » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Deagle is perfectly fine, its still pretty popular weapon of choice. As for m4, i support, and it would be nice if they would add more power to 9mm, because i almost never saw anyone use it because its almost useless.

LondonSoldier
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by LondonSoldier » Sun May 03, 2015 7:02 pm

it was around 65

thats a headshot from a deagle now

JoinTeey
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by JoinTeey » Sun May 03, 2015 9:41 pm

King Brando wrote:Supporting to the fullest. Especially the PD, they love /takegun 3 ((m4)) against deagle shootouts having such a greater advantage than they already have.

That's an IC issue there.
On the other note, I'd love to see this happen because I've seen way too many gang shootouts that involve ONLY automatics. Using just a deagle or a 9mm makes it more realistic.

Rakatonk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jolie_Cooper

Post by Rakatonk » Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Like mentioned several times above: The deagle should keep its damage, but nerfing the M4 (and other automatics) would be still useful.

Since they're more expensive the people will tend to get more handguns than M4s if they get nerfed. Also maybe slightly increasing the damage of the Colt would encourage people to buy this gun.
San Andreas Department of Corrections
Ret. Lieutenant Jolie Cooper

Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.

LondonSoldier
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by LondonSoldier » Wed May 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Rakatonk wrote:Like mentioned several times above: The deagle should keep its damage, but nerfing the M4 (and other automatics) would be still useful.

Since they're more expensive the people will tend to get more handguns than M4s if they get nerfed. Also maybe slightly increasing the damage of the Colt would encourage people to buy this gun.

don't get how nerfing m4s will do anything, they can still kill niggas faster and this'll just be useless. it's all IC whether people wish to use m4s or handguns. doesn't even stop irl gangs from using ARs

JoinTeey
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by JoinTeey » Wed May 06, 2015 5:36 pm

LondonSoldier wrote:
Rakatonk wrote:Like mentioned several times above: The deagle should keep its damage, but nerfing the M4 (and other automatics) would be still useful.

don't get how nerfing m4s will do anything, they can still kill niggas faster and this'll just be useless. it's all IC whether people wish to use m4s or handguns. doesn't even stop irl gangs from using ARs

Street gangs don't even use automatics irl, it only happens on LS-RP.

Padres
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Padres » Wed May 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Seems like I am one of the few that do not agree with this suggestion. I understand and even agree with your concern that the amount of heavy weaponry overweighs the amount of handguns but nerfing the M4 would be a bad idea if you ask me. I'd prefer if we rather increase the street market price for M4s. Reason behind this is simply that the M4 is an assault rifle and is supposed to do so much damage. Raising the street market price would actually do the trick easily.

Regarding Deagles - I'm pretty fine with the dmg they do, so I can't say anything about that.
VINCENT RENZULLI - LSPD

King Brando
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by King Brando » Thu May 07, 2015 3:06 am

JoinTeey wrote:
LondonSoldier wrote:

Street gangs don't even use automatics irl, it only happens on LS-RP.

In the Country that you're from, gangs don't shoot automatics. In America, gangs shoot anything from a .22 revolver to a AR-15, or even a rocket.

KaylaSpace
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CrimePaysInAllWays

Post by KaylaSpace » Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 am

Street gangs do use automatics, even up here in Canada. Just check your local crime-blotter. That shouldn't even be up for debate. Anyone arguing otherwise clearly hasn't bothered to do a cursory google search and has no business discussing things. My old avatar was the CHILD of a L.A gang member waving an SKS automatic rifle, taken from a L.A times article on a gang raid. It still astounds me people try and make this claim.

Deagle damage should be increased. It was only nerfed due to the bias of a very flawed person named Krisk, not due to an actual reasoned thought. Krisk was upset because he "roleplayed" a cop exclusively and got upset when someone managed to beat him with a deagle when he had an M4.

High damage weapons make better shootouts. The more shots it takes to drop someone the more you get chicken running and someone responding to being SHOT by scrolling a gun and return firing, not taking cover.

The deagle really, really, really needs to be restored.
I WAS LOST BUT NOW I'M FOUND
GATHER CHILDREN, COME AROUND

Forbes.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: S.ARTIS

Post by Forbes. » Fri May 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Unfortunately Kayla, the M4 really does need nerfing or restricting due to how extremely overpowered/overused it is currently by gangs, there's litterally no reason to roleplay a realistic shooting with handguns because an M4 can pancake 10 people in 50 bullets.

Nobody will want the Deagle revert unless they were around when it had it's old damage, people only dislike it because they then have the possibility to lose against it with their precious M4/Shotgun.
VENI VIDI VICI
KILO BLOCK X LOCOTES X3 X HARMONY OAKS

KaylaSpace
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CrimePaysInAllWays

Post by KaylaSpace » Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Forbes. wrote:Unfortunately Kayla, the M4 really does need nerfing or restricting due to how extremely overpowered/overused it is currently by gangs, there's litterally no reason to roleplay a realistic shooting with handguns because an M4 can pancake 10 people in 50 bullets.

Nobody will want the Deagle revert unless they were around when it had it's old damage, people only dislike it because they then have the possibility to lose against it with their precious M4/Shotgun.

I can buy it. I don't use the M4 enough to speak to if it needs nerfing or not, but I can believe. I would also consider the option of AK/M4's base-price at the weapons store being increased.

I agree though, whatever it takes to put an emphasis on handgun shootouts versus rifles, would be welcomed by me.
I WAS LOST BUT NOW I'M FOUND
GATHER CHILDREN, COME AROUND

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”