Planting weed.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Bozo
Trap Lucifer
Trap Lucifer
Ingame name: Advardo Livingstone.

Planting weed.

Post by Bozo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Why can't non-official faction members plant weed? Any normal human can plant weed IRL. Official factions be selling seeds but guess what, the people they are selling seeds to can't plant. What's the purpose for official factions to sell seeds and the dudes they are selling too can't plant?

And it's not like official factions are giving people a chance to plant their seeds until they are done. Officials can have a rank in their faction saying "Associate" or something, use that rank for outsiders to plant their dope. Or I have a better idea, just let non-official members plant their seeds, make a rule about planting and if anyone breaks it they can be punished.
#RIPKey #RIPNickyD #RIPSpeedy&Retro #RIPFatBoiChubbz
If you disrespect them, then you'll meet them.

Chelsea Deadra Carroll.
She don't trust me & I don't trust her..
But that don't mean the love's not there.

bamz
Senior Forum Moderator

Re: Planting weed.

Post by bamz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:36 pm

I agree with this, official factions may be the ones able to get the seeds surely, and then selling it... They can make it and then sell it or sell the seeds or the ingredients and then anyone can make it.

Remorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Remorse » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:56 pm

I agree with this, I mean what is the purpose of a faction selling seeds to someone if it doesn't allow them to plant them. Anyone should be allowed to plant but they must follow a strict set of rules and if they don't then serious consequemces should follow but on the other hand official factions may abuse this fact by getting their ooc friends to also plant for them so that they can plant more than the limit of 10 at a time.

SLEEK
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Trapstar

Post by SLEEK » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:40 am

Fully supporting this.
Last edited by GTAIVCode3 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User warned - No spamming

It's only money,
I can't take to my grave.

Mr.Doge
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Mr.Doge » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:00 am

The only con I can imagine is having an incredible fall on weed sales. Selling drugs is already hard atm and having the option of growing for yourself really embraces it.

'Ey holmes, want sum grass?
Dude, I have my own plant like everyone else. No need to buy your low grade weed while I can get fresh pot for free.

If I wanna rp planting weed, I buy the grass and just RP having plants with my furniture.

swurvin420
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Papa Nairns

Post by swurvin420 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 am

Mr.Doge wrote:The only con I can imagine is having an incredible fall on weed sales. Selling drugs is already hard atm and having the option of growing for yourself really embraces it.

Dude, I have my own plant like everyone else. No need to buy your low grade weed while I can get fresh pot for free.

If I wanna rp planting weed, I buy the grass and just RP having plants with my furniture.

Basically this..

The drug market needs to be more centralized, selling drugs these days is a real hard task unless it's some weed at a really cheap price. There needs to be more demand so for that to be done there needs to be a revamp of the effects and some new drugs to be added.

Yes anyone can grow weed irl but the demand irl is through the roof, for all drugs. For lsrp to be realistic there needs to be a demand and having anyone being able to /plant doesn't really help that.

Fitzpatrick
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Fitzpatrick » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 pm

To be honest, selling drugs isn't that hard and especially when it comes to weed. I can say that when it comes to weed and cocaine at the moment, you can sell them whenever as long as you got a pretty decent price. Plus, not any player will be able to actually plant them besides the ones that get seeds from official factions. So I guess that limiting the amount of seeds official factions sell which isn't pretty high at the moment could help this and make it available for everyone just like the opium and morning glory seeds.

Shinobi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:31 am

Mr.Doge wrote:The only con I can imagine is having an incredible fall on weed sales. Selling drugs is already hard atm and having the option of growing for yourself really embraces it.

I do see the point of what you are saying, but you can easily regulate the amount of weed on the street by simply not selling seeds to everybody.
William Bonfanti

Ryder
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ryder » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 am

At the moment official factions have a cap on how much weed they can have planted at one time and not all official factions have the ability to buy from a drug warehouse which is why there are faction members who do will sell to other members of factions, if you go to one of them without informing them that you don't have the ability to plant it's an out of sight, out of mind situation.

Faction slot/types. Simply put: there is no official faction limit. There are only limited restricted properties. A certain type of faction may not be granted either a drug store or a weapon factory, but will be compensated with something else. There are also no restrictions to the type of faction that can become official.

With this being said say there's 6 illegal & official factions that have the ability to /plant, I think the limit of plants is 10 at a time or less. So 60 plants can be put up at a single time which if they're farmed after a single paycheck usually give around 5-10 grams, in general that's 600 grams of weed every hour. If everyone in the server has the ability to plant weed that will blow up the production of weed to say 5,600 grams an hour. (500+ members online a day x 1 plant/h x 10grams per plant = 5000 + 600 from official factions.) The idea of this will make weed worthless along with seeds and may as well be on the server for free and recreational use for people who RP around it, which will become rare as the bonus given for the drug is quite low compared to other drugs.

Shinobi wrote:

I do see the point of what you are saying, but you can easily regulate the amount of weed on the street by simply not selling seeds to everybody.

If this becomes the case it will just be flipped around anyway, official factions won't sell seeds to anyone as it hurts their sales or the price of seeds will become so high that no one will buy them.

All in all I think that the fact that non-official members can make Ecstasy, Crack and Methamphetamine - three major drugs that are highly produced in real life with a quick turn around is fine and weed does not need to be added to that list.

grillder
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by grillder » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:48 am

I support this, but I think the privileges should be given with admin permission to minimize people abusing the system. This way people with no affiliation to factions can grow but as long as they do it correctly.
Ls up for Rashad

Meech
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Meech » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:50 am

Support this, could be neat for the ones that want to be drug dealers without actully being a part of an official faction.

Baker
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Baker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 am

grillder wrote:I support this, but I think the privileges should be given with admin permission to minimize people abusing the system. This way people with no affiliation to factions can grow but as long as they do it correctly.

Agree with the above, would be massively beneficial if those outside of factions could also grow. Even if there was an application or something along those lines in order to do so I believe it needs to be done.

LondonSoldier
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by LondonSoldier » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:56 am

Ryder wrote:At the moment official factions have a cap on how much weed they can have planted at one time and not all official factions have the ability to buy from a drug warehouse which is why there are faction members who do will sell to other members of factions, if you go to one of them without informing them that you don't have the ability to plant it's an out of sight, out of mind situation.

Faction slot/types. Simply put: there is no official faction limit. There are only limited restricted properties. A certain type of faction may not be granted either a drug store or a weapon factory, but will be compensated with something else. There are also no restrictions to the type of faction that can become official.

With this being said say there's 6 illegal & official factions that have the ability to /plant, I think the limit of plants is 10 at a time or less. So 60 plants can be put up at a single time which if they're farmed after a single paycheck usually give around 5-10 grams, in general that's 600 grams of weed every hour. If everyone in the server has the ability to plant weed that will blow up the production of weed to say 5,600 grams an hour. (500+ members online a day x 1 plant/h x 10grams per plant = 5000 + 600 from official factions.) The idea of this will make weed worthless along with seeds and may as well be on the server for free and recreational use for people who RP around it, which will become rare as the bonus given for the drug is quite low compared to other drugs.

Shinobi wrote:

If this becomes the case it will just be flipped around anyway, official factions won't sell seeds to anyone as it hurts their sales or the price of seeds will become so high that no one will buy them.

All in all I think that the fact that non-official members can make Ecstasy, Crack and Methamphetamine - three major drugs that are highly produced in real life with a quick turn around is fine and weed does not need to be added to that list.

but isnt the 600 weed being planted already included in the 5000 since they're players as well?!?!?!?!?

Angel
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Vasto

Post by Angel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:11 am

This will bring guys planting 1 minute before payday then collecting the weed just to get a quick sale.
This will bring guys becoming overnight cartels with 500 plus grams of weed flowing through the streets.
The prices of Marijuana would drop dramatically.
There would be so much weed flowing through the streets it might as well be legal.

If this was to be implemented or even considered then there should be some type of cool down such as planting the max of 5 plants that can only produce 20 grams every 24 hours, to keep people from becoming overnight kingpins.

Which I don't think this should be allowed.
Last edited by Angel on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

grillder
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by grillder » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 am

This is why I think it should be restricted to official factions AND people with admin permission
Ls up for Rashad

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”