Planting weed.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

JuanElSniper
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Not available.

Re: Planting weed.

Post by JuanElSniper » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 am

Agreed. There's no reason as to why Official Factions should have the ability to sell seeds to the general population if they can't plant weed themselves. However if the general population of the server is allowed to grow weed there should be some sort of system to regulate the growth of it.

For example, players can only purchase seeds from Official Factions, they will not have the option to purchase seeds from regular players. Once regular players are allowed to grow weed, the price of it will fall dramatically.. however, the price of seeds will rise quickly given that only Official Factions can sell them. This will ensure that the Marijuana Market would still be profitable and not useless.

Also, the strength of the weed grown by players outside of Official Factions should be limited, by this I mean that they will not be able to grow weed to it's full strength only Official Factions will have that ability. The max strength for weed is 100, so players outside of factions will only be able to grow weed with a strength of 40.

Orrrr...........

You could introduce a higher quality seed, that will yield higher quality weed. So basically, just introduce a new strain of marijuana. And make this high quality seed for Official Factions only. So, both seeds would have a different max strength. Regular Seeds (which anyone can plant) will yield plants that have a max strength of 50. Loud seeds (which can only be planted by Official Factions) will yield plants that have a max strength of 100. This would definitely make sure that these Factions still make profit and still have the luxury of growing something others can't.

VEXED666
KILLER FROM THE EAST
KILLER FROM THE EAST

Post by VEXED666 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:34 am

Supporting this. Perhaps a level restriction could be implemented too, to stop people logging on alts to /plant.

JuanElSniper wrote:You could introduce a higher quality seed, that will yield higher quality weed.

Not needed, if you leave your weed plants planted for about 8 hours, it reaches 100 strength. And obviously, the less amount of time it's been planted for the less the strength. After 1 hour you can harvest it and the strength will be between 9 and 13. You get the point.

Icey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Icey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Everyone would be planting and the server would be filled with plants, noobs will go around /plant'ing in public to troll and as you can remove the plant but only way for it to be harvested, it's stupid. Too much weed would be around, I know it's realistic but can you imagine 200 players with 10 plants at once and all?
goodbye

swurvin420
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Papa Nairns

Post by swurvin420 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Unofficial factions can use everything else ingredients wise, It's only weed that official factions get and they deserve it since they got to that spot in the first place. There has to be a demand and there wont be if every single person can just go plant.

Shinobi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shinobi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 pm

swurvin420 wrote:Unofficial factions can use everything else ingredients wise, It's only weed that official factions get and they deserve it since they got to that spot in the first place. There has to be a demand and there wont be if every single person can just go plant.

But how they can plant if they won't get any seeds from the Official faction(s)?
William Bonfanti

bamz
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by bamz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 am

swurvin420 wrote:Unofficial factions can use everything else ingredients wise, It's only weed that official factions get and they deserve it since they got to that spot in the first place. There has to be a demand and there wont be if every single person can just go plant.

It's nothing about "got to the spot [FIRST]", we talking here about it to be realistic, people who have ingredients, can plant. And here it gets to official factions, where do we get ingredients??, hi official factions. Don't just say first place, only offical factions, etc... Just think about it from another way.

Icey wrote:Everyone would be planting and the server would be filled with plants, noobs will go around /plant'ing in public to troll and as you can remove the plant but only way for it to be harvested, it's stupid. Too much weed would be around, I know it's realistic but can you imagine 200 players with 10 plants at once and all?

The server can make a level limit to use the command. Atleast 2-5 which each person can plant. See? Just thinking more about it can help.

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:57 am

Official factions already don't use the plant command right by just planting before payday then harvesting.

In general it needs to be re-worked but not in this way.
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

swurvin420
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Papa Nairns

Post by swurvin420 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Demonator wrote:

It's nothing about "got to the spot [FIRST]", we talking here about it to be realistic, people who have ingredients, can plant. And here it gets to official factions, where do we get ingredients??, hi official factions. Don't just say first place, only offical factions, etc... Just think about it from another way.

I don't think you understand, "Got to official in the first place" Is just a saying. It doesn't mean anything about getting there first or second, It just means the official factions deserve to have the /plant cmd. I still stick by what I said before about demand.

bamz
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by bamz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:23 am

swurvin420 wrote:
Demonator wrote:

I don't think you understand, "Got to official in the first place" Is just a saying. It doesn't mean anything about getting there first or second, It just means the official factions deserve to have the /plant cmd. I still stick by what I said before about demand.

I don't believe there is something called "deserve" when it comes to making stuff more realistic.

Esco
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Esco » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:50 am

You actually find weed to be one of the rarer drugs on LS-RP because there are a very limited number of growers. This is relatively unrealistic.

I do however believe there has to be restrictions otherwise there would probably be too much of it in circulation. Everyone would be a grower, nobody a buyer.

A way around this would be making a job/permission yield of some sort that can only be given out by members of an official faction of a certain rank. This way there are more growers but the number is overseen by the factions responsible for the drug economy of LS-RP.

Psychedelic Blooming
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Irving_Springsteen

Post by Psychedelic Blooming » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm

There are a lot of people who would take advantage of this. But yet, I totally agree on this. So, in my opinion, only those who provide proper roleplay of the growing to the admins via forum PMs and showing real character/faction development, should be allowed to plant weed, additionally to the official factions.
UNITED BLACK NATION
PRISON ROLEPLAY GUIDE
INFLUENCE OF PRISON GANGS
"PRISON ROLEPLAY IS THE WAY TO MEET THE EDGE OF YOUR LIMIT"

Y'all power hungry motherfuckers.

illegitimate
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by illegitimate » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:58 pm

I totally disagree with this suggestion, as Balkan Beast already said, there's a lack of roleplay in planting seeds and growing it, people just tend to plant it right before the payday and collect it right after without even giving a damn about the sake of roleplay, offering the chance of growing marijuana to everyone will just create chaos and will blow the marijuana market up.
rich & sad

btfo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by btfo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Simple maintainance of game mechanics. Why can't any normal human being enter a goverment vehicle? Because then all the noobs would be driving stolen PD cars. Why can't everyone plant weed? Because then weed would have no value, everyone would have kilos of weed and it would cost 5$, thus destroying an aspect of drug roleplay. If you want to plant weed so bad then go roleplay it.

Paps
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Paps » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:01 pm

I don't see how this would be beneficial. You would have literally everyone growing weed and ruining the whole idea of drug chain distribution. Rather have it grow faster and in larger amounts from officials than seeing this happening.

Malfoy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Malfoy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:28 am

Everyone will /plant a minute before payday & abuse it constantly.
Prices will begin to drop.
Nobody will roleplay planting / growing the weed.
I guess I myself is priviledged to be in an official faction and I'm new to all this weed growing roleplay business, been reading guides as soon as I got my hands on herb seeds and it's really easy to gain 5grams on each see within an hour, that's like 50 each payday if you use all the 10 plant slots for the day.

No support for me, system should stay the same.
Houstonfornication

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”