Melee and hand-to-hand combat damage.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

MintSlice
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Melee and hand-to-hand combat damage.

Post by MintSlice » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:51 am

The damages inflicted by melee weapons and hand-to-hand combat should inflict damage on health without draining armour. This was done to gun damage wherein armour wouldn't absorb damage unless the player's torso is hit. Armour doesn't protect you from stab wounds, cuts, or blunt force trauma. They only protect you against ballistics.

GHawkins
Best Correctional Officer of 2012
Best Correctional Officer of 2012
Ingame name: Galen Hawkins

Re: Melee and hand-to-hand combat damage.

Post by GHawkins » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:30 am

Actually, there are a lot of vests on the market which protect against cut/slash, puncture and blunt force damage. The DOC uses the Concealable Corrections vest made by US Armor, which has the highest certification ( NIJ 0115.00 level 3) for its class. That's because we (Correctional Officers) tend not to get shot at, but attacked with improvised weapons that cut or result in blunt force trauma.

The script however doesn't make a distinction between the different forms of vests or the different levels. So when someone with a vest gets shot at, it decreases their armour. When someone with armour gets attacked with a knife, it decreases their armour. This is regardless if the player is wearing a ballistics or a stab vest.

So I do not support the draining of health immediately when attacked with a melee weapon. If something was scripted that ensured that we could do a command for a ballistics or a stab vest, I'd support that your choice would determine when your armour decreases or when it's completely bypassed.

But now that that option isn't available, it'd remove any opportunity to roleplay your armour as a stab vest, which is why I do not support this suggestion.
Deputy Warden Galen Hawkins (Former Commissioner)
San Andreas Department of Corrections

Mr.Doge
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Mr.Doge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:25 am

It does not make sense.

If a criminal is fighting with a LEO/guard with a vest, the first thing he would do is punching him on the head/non-covered sections, not in the frigging vest. Now, in LSRP, you have a huge script disadvantage. I have watched a dude stabbing a officer constantly, just to be tazed, cuffed and arrested. Then, the cop does RP the injuries. I mean, cmon.

The vest is just too good.

MintSlice
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by MintSlice » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 am

This is why melee and hand-to-hand combat should inflict damage on health, not armour. Weapon damage from guns was tweaked to work this way when you're hit at places other than your torso.

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Takashi Miller

Post by Akiba » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Let's get some more opinions.
Previously: Leader of the Shizuoka-Kai, Shateigashira of Akuji-Kai, Queen Crip of Beasley and Associates, Tester for the staff team.

SmugFrog.jpg
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -
Ingame name: Ericka HeSS

Post by SmugFrog.jpg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Yeah, I have a vest in real life, but just because I put it on doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when I get punched, not to mention I could just get pummeled in the face, definatly should be considered aslong as distinctions between the type of vests is possible.

Wing
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Katherine Stuart

Post by Wing » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:44 am

So I do not support the draining of health immediately when attacked with a melee weapon.
Said the man who wears it daily.

I support it, because as said above, your head, arms and legs are not protected by your vest. Cops don't walk around in bomb disposal suits. ICly speaking, would you try and punch or stab someone's abdomen knowing that they're wearing a vest? No. You automatically go for the face and neck.

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Wing wrote:
So I do not support the draining of health immediately when attacked with a melee weapon.
Said the man who wears it daily.

I support it, because as said above, your head, arms and legs are not protected by your vest. Cops don't walk around in bomb disposal suits. ICly speaking, would you try and punch or stab someone's abdomen knowing that they're wearing a vest? No. You automatically go for the face and neck.
The script does not differentiate where you are trying to hit for melee damage it all goes to the torso.
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”