New Drug: Ketamine "Kit Kat"

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

idreadrasta
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Julian_Goode

New Drug: Ketamine "Kit Kat"

Post by idreadrasta » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 pm

External links describing the substance:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine
- http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_ ... tamine.pdf

I personally believe this drug would fit LS-RP perfectly. In the real world, it has became very popular on a lot of scenes, parties, as a 'chill' drug and of course popular amongst criminals as it creates a very suiting "high" with the individual, he can feel happy, empowered and 'god' like at certain points, or depending on his mood it can also act 'drunkishly' on him, without the negative side effects of alcohol. It is consumed in small doses and mostly found in powder form.

The process of creating Katamine for non-medical use

This is a small bottle that you get trough a prescription and is handed out by vets to be used on horses and other animals as a sedative ect. This bottle contains 10 percent pure Ketamine, the rest is solution. Obviously the doctor will not hand it out just like that, thus it has to be obtained from the black market, in most cases that is done in large quantities in third world countries and then smuggled trough the borders.

The process is too simple, you pour the content of the perscription bottle into a frying pan and you use a regulated heat source (Maybe a air heat gun) and slowly heat up the pan from underneath, the solution will start to evaporate and the only content that will remain is the pure Ketamine, once it is dry it will obviously be hot and stick to the frying pan, you then take the pan somewhere cold (Like outside in the winter) and scrub the Ketamine off the frying pan, what comes out is 100% pure Ketamine powder ready to be snorted/sold.

I believe this drug could be made into a nice script, where the above process is used by official factions. The drug could give a nice boost, but as it is based on your mood and health status I guess the script could be made that if you have x amount of health, it gives you this boost and if you have another amount of health it gives you another kind of boost. The more health, the more 'thrilling' the boost and the less health, the more... 'drunkish' the effect.

Please discuss! (On a obvious note, I do not support this in real life as I am heavily against such drugs!! And no, I don't consider marijuana a "drug" ;) )

Rakatonk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jolie_Cooper

Re: New Drug: Ketamine "Kit Kat"

Post by Rakatonk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Ketamine is indeed an interesting drug, yet I believe that most players don't know that it exists and therefore they do not know how to properly roleplay around its effects.

But I do believe that we could implement this once the devs will think about a drug overhaul.
San Andreas Department of Corrections
Ret. Lieutenant Jolie Cooper

Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.

JayBiatch
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Jayden-Dre-Shak

Post by JayBiatch » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Rakatonk wrote:Ketamine is indeed an interesting drug, yet I believe that most players don't know that it exists and therefore they do not know how to properly roleplay around its effects.

But I do believe that we could implement this once the devs will think about a drug overhaul.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Ketamine should deffo be introduced to LSRP though it'd be cool seeing it on the market along with its role-played effects.
The Signature King.

Characters.
Jayden Summers: - Alive - Moved back to Los Santos to pursue a career in law enforcement with the LSPD. Under his older brother Jordan's wing. -- Some how then got arrested for committing a misdemeanor.
Andre Marcus: - Alive - Incarcerated in SACF for an alleged double homicide charge.
Shakeem Francis - Alive Moved out of East LS to a snazzy apartment within West LS via his efforts in the drug-game along with currently banging the FRAUD game.

Wing
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Katherine Stuart

Post by Wing » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Supporting. This drug is used a lot by junkies in real life.
therefore they do not know how to properly roleplay around its effects.
I doubt they do for any drug.

The only con I see with this is people taking it and not RPing the fact that it's a Tranquilizer. A drug that was engineered to tranquilize horses. Maybe there could be a script that knocks you out for several minutes if you take ketamine.

Kendrick_Ross
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Kendrick_Ross » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:54 pm

I support this, the server should see some new drugs to add to the RP possibilities and Ketamine is around IRL, seems fitting we should have it here.

Domentziolus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Domentziolus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Wing wrote:Supporting. This drug is used a lot by junkies in real life.

The only con I see with this is people taking it and not RPing the fact that it's a Tranquilizer. A drug that was engineered to tranquilize horses. Maybe there could be a script that knocks you out for several minutes if you take ketamine.
Yes, you raise an excellent point about people not roleplaying the drug realistically due to being uninformed on it, therefore causing dispute in roleplay scenarios as it is not portrayed correctly. People like you for example.

Ketamine is not a horse tranquiliser, it is a dissociative anesthetic that has been used in large animals in the past, but is mainly used in hospitals on human patients with no past medical history.
Low to moderate doses
Ketamine can give sensations of lightness (like walking on the moon), dizziness, and euphoria. It makes people’s thoughts flow randomly; ideas can seem special and important, or pleasantly or unpleasantly muddled. Things may begin to look and sound different or somehow unreal. There is always a higher risk of accidents whilst using ketamine. Taking any depressant drug, such as alcohol, can very easily and quickly make the effects much stronger and riskier.

Higher doses
The more ketamine that is taken, the harder it is to stand up and move about. Quite large quantities lead to totally weird feelings such as separation between the mind and the physical body, which some find pleasurable and others find distressing. Unpleasant side-effects like nausea and vomiting can occur. Ketamine can produce delusional thoughts much like those associated with schizophrenia. Very large quantities lead to users losing touch with their identity and surroundings altogether, which is called k-holing. People k-holing may be unresponsive, although inside their mind they may be experiencing vivid hallucinations. Users can have notions and hallucinations which can feel very real, and can be anything from wonderful conversations with angels, to being convinced they are dying.
My abilities something you can't gauge, enemies look for me with the 12 gauge

Wing
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Katherine Stuart

Post by Wing » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:36 am

Yes, you raise an excellent point about people not roleplaying the drug realistically due to being uninformed on it, therefore causing dispute in roleplay scenarios as it is not portrayed correctly. People like you for example.

Ketamine is not a horse tranquiliser, it is a dissociative anesthetic that has been used in large animals in the past, but is mainly used in hospitals on human patients with no past medical history.
People like me, excuse me? Your hostility was completely uncalled for.

When I said it was used on horses I didnt mean that was ALL its used for..

Yes.. anaesthetic. Which does what to you while you're being operated on (when theyre not used locally)?

Ashey
MAWL
MAWL
Ingame name: Ameh

Post by Ashey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:29 pm

Interesting idea, but I knew nothing about this drug until I read those links.

ManiacX3
Gangster
Gangster

Post by ManiacX3 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:54 pm

It's not only used for horses though, Animal-Docs also use it on smaller animals, just cutting it or taking less.

Johnny Clips
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Johnny Clips » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:24 am

I'm always for different variety of drugs. Keep the spice interesting.

TerminatorX
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TerminatorX » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

idreadrasta wrote:

This is a small bottle that you get trough a prescription and is handed out by vets to be used on horses and other animals as a sedative ect. This bottle contains 10 percent pure Ketamine, the rest is solution. Obviously the doctor will not hand it out just like that, thus it has to be obtained from the black market, in most cases that is done in large quantities in third world countries and then smuggled trough the borders.
So now official gangs will have to elect a professional vet manipulator and/or a horse owner.

Prodigy.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Prodigy. » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:58 pm

This should be added, will help the drug market for sure.

Maximiliano_Salgado
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Mac11x4

Post by Maximiliano_Salgado » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:16 am

In my opinion it should be added regardless if some people don't know it even exists & don't know how to RP the effects, with it or without it some people don't know how to roleplay simple effects given by marijuana so why not give it a shot?
Radi-cal .30

Costas_Spanos
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Costas_Spanos » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:41 am

A friend of mine takes Ket every so often whenever he goes to a rave, it doesn't put everyone in a K-hole. I've seen him go through a gram in one night and he only fell asleep when we decided to call it a night. I would assume if a player purchased Ketamine in-game with the intention of using the drug then he would know what he's doing and should be left for the player to decide how the drug affects his character, there's no need for another annoying effect that puts you in what you've essentially described as a death screen.

I wouldn't call it a junkie drug since you don't know anything about it, especially when you've branded it as a drug engineered to tranquillise horses when it in fact is an anaesthetic mainly used in hospitals.

Benavides
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by Benavides » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Would be a nice addition and something different aswell, I don't see why not.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”