Melee damages & durability.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Dat Hoovy
Gangster
Gangster

Melee damages & durability.

Post by Dat Hoovy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Melee damages/rarity:

I've realised how there are many melee weapons, even if they are RP'd as deadly objects, they deal either NO damage, or so little damage that fists are far better. One example is the cane, which deals 2 damage instead of 1 as the fists do. Problem? It's a LOT slower. Same happens to the white dildo, which for some reason isn't lethal even if it's a freakin' bottle! Purple is a cigar, so I doubt it should do damage anyways, but there are many melee weapons that are useless due to their damage, even if they're RP'd correctly. That makes bats, batons and knives the most used ones, while other weapons are either discarded from combat for being rare (Golf clubs, flowers, shovels), or for being useless (Flowers again, bottle, cane)! I think some weapons need to do at least more damage than the fists so they could be used.

For example, baseball bats do a though amount of damage if used correctly. I suggest making the bottle and cane deal more damage than fists, but still a bit less than a bat, as they're concealable.

Also, what about golf-clubs, shovels, pool cues, etc.? There are a few forwarded suggestions about making them able to be bought at 24/7s. I suggest to make them also deal similar damages to the baseball bat or so.

It would encourage people to RP using other things as weapons, while making brawls something more common instead of just a few fists until one guy asspulls a deagle and smokes everyone when he's low on HP.

Durability

Also, I've noticed that no matter how many times you hit someone with a bat, it still has '150 ammo'. Since the script is able to notice when a hit is made, why not to make it reduce that 'ammo' by one each time you hit a player, making the bat break when it reaches 0, so it ends useless. It can make people actually worry about melee weapons, and make melee sales more interesting, as you can be scammed with broken weapons. Some melees should be more durable than others, such as the baton, since it's MADE to be a melee weapon.

Also, making weapons of other materials, or weapons that aren't actual weapons, less durable should be OK. Examples could be bottles, canes, bats, etc.

MAYBE...

Maybe, MAYBE make firearms durable too, and gun dealers/smugglers able to REPAIR weapons. Although that's out of my point, but it can be added if you like it.

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Re: Melee damages & durability.

Post by Michael » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:11 am

I would disregard dildos from this suggestion. In my mind they are sort of archaic and the last thing we want is people hitting each other with them in fights even if they are meant to be bottles.

Userone
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Michelle Jefferson

Re: Melee damages & durability.

Post by Userone » Sun May 15, 2016 1:41 am

Michael wrote:I would disregard dildos from this suggestion. In my mind they are sort of archaic and the last thing we want is people hitting each other with them in fights even if they are meant to be bottles.
There's no point because dildos, vibrators and flowers are completely harmless in LSRP (at least in terms of physical damage)

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”