Guns and Drugs.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Toti Brenko
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Anthony_Blanca

Guns and Drugs.

Post by Toti Brenko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Hey. How would people feel if guns were more common and cost a lot less, but you could only ever carry 2 clips worth of ammunition at a time?

Also, drugs should increase health a lot more, but as time goes on you build a tolerance. Therefore you need more drugs to get the same effect. To mitigate this, you can wait before using again, so your tolerance lowers. If you are addicted, though, then waiting without using could have harmful effects. A counter to those negative effects could be to use another drugs, i.e if you are on a downer/lowering tolerance of Heroin, then you could use Coke to mitigate the effects of being sober while addicted.

The last idea isn't mine.

An example:

A colt.45 could be a throwaway. Let it have just one clip (17 rounds.)
A desert Eagle could have 2 clips (7 each.)
An AK could have 2 clips (30 each).
Etc.
Last edited by Toti Brenko on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Invented the name Acapo in 2008 and the name Brenko in 2007.

Mechanics Union of San Andreas and Los Santos

CJames
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Uriz

Re: Guns and Drugs.

Post by CJames » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:57 pm

From my side, I think drugs price are fine for everybody in LS-RP to create a good RP situations and it can be used for pull-ups ..etc. The biggest problem which is the guns. Unfortunately, the guns prices are obviously ridiculous and many factions (Mafias) who have warehouses abuse their power to earn more profit. Someday, I asked my plug to buy a one M4 and I was shocked that the M4 was cost about 130k though. Gun prices aren't realistic and it's so annoying to let a faction decide the gun prices also I'd like to see a rule about gun prices because it's literally unrealistic to buy a gun for 130k .. I can buy a car instead of a gun lmfao.

Relatively, I support the idea to change the gun prices and to put some rules for warehouses that supply LS-RP factions with guns.
Suge wrote:Banned for think he knows it all

Skype isnt good evidence

Toti Brenko
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Toti Brenko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:10 pm

CJames wrote:From my side, I think drugs price are fine for everybody in LS-RP to create a good RP situations and it can be used for pull-ups ..etc. The biggest problem which is the guns. Unfortunately, the guns prices are obviously ridiculous and many factions (Mafias) who have warehouses abuse their power to earn more profit. Someday, I asked my plug to buy a one M4 and I was shocked that the M4 was cost about 130k though. Gun prices aren't realistic and it's so annoying to let a faction decide the gun prices also I'd like to see a rule about gun prices because it's literally unrealistic to buy a gun for 130k .. I can buy a car instead of a gun lmfao.

Relatively, I support the idea to change the gun prices and to put some rules for warehouses that supply LS-RP factions with guns.
130k for an M4? LOL mate you're getting ripped off. They're anywhere from I think 17 - 20k or is it 40k?

CJames
Mafia
Mafia

Post by CJames » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Toti Brenko wrote:
CJames wrote:From my side, I think drugs price are fine for everybody in LS-RP to create a good RP situations and it can be used for pull-ups ..etc. The biggest problem which is the guns. Unfortunately, the guns prices are obviously ridiculous and many factions (Mafias) who have warehouses abuse their power to earn more profit. Someday, I asked my plug to buy a one M4 and I was shocked that the M4 was cost about 130k though. Gun prices aren't realistic and it's so annoying to let a faction decide the gun prices also I'd like to see a rule about gun prices because it's literally unrealistic to buy a gun for 130k .. I can buy a car instead of a gun lmfao.

130k for an M4? LOL mate you're getting ripped off. They're about 17 - 24k.
24k for M4? I doubt you're talking about old times but you can't find an AK/M4 for 40k in 2016 though. Go to Bratva and check their prices and I don't want to say names lmfao.

Skype isnt good evidence

Toti Brenko
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Toti Brenko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:15 pm

CJames wrote:
Toti Brenko wrote:

24k for M4? I doubt you're talking about old times but you can't find an AK/M4 for 40k in 2016 though. Go to Bratva and check their prices and I don't want to say names lmfao.
I bought M4's multiple times for 40k or so a few months ago lol.

CJames
Mafia
Mafia

Post by CJames » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:18 pm

By the way, 40K for one M4 isn't realistic too. I don't even lie to you fam, either go to Bratva and check their prices or go to Dquilla and check their prices for one TEC-9. I bought a TEC-9 for 40k two days ago, what are you talking about? lmfao.

Skype isnt good evidence

Cologneniggu
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Cologneniggu » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Yes 40K aren't realisitc, but neither are 100 or 150 dollars for a gram of weed. The economy on LSRP is just different from real life so we need to accept that.

wicked the homie
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: sp99ky

Post by wicked the homie » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:10 pm

No. Not clips, please. Absolutely no.

Winter
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Winter » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Ughhh. It's not clip! It's magazine.

And this would drastically increase the demand for guns. Shen really we should focus on the demand for drugs. The drugs suggestion realy would turn people away from using it.

The way to do it is to offer a really big advantage (run faster, invunerable to taser, stronger melee) for a stronger disadvantage. Basically you take the withdrawl system and make it 3x worse so they WANT to use more to keep the withdrawl away.
imagination

Clem-Clem
Sicario
Ingame name: TOO MANY

Post by Clem-Clem » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 am

CJames wrote:
Toti Brenko wrote:

i dont even rp a criminal that often but i know that you can prolly get an AK/M4 around this time for 40-60k. Either way, I have no issues with the prices at the moment except for melee weapons.

I love the idea for tolerance, supporting it all the way.
Winter wrote:The way to do it is to offer a really big advantage (run faster, invunerable to taser, stronger melee) for a stronger disadvantage. Basically you take the withdrawl system and make it 3x worse so they WANT to use more to keep the withdrawl away.
I personally dislike the fact that drugs give HP boosts already. I'd like to see less effects but I know that taking away the HP boosts and positive script effects would kill the drug trade. However, boosting the current withdrawal system's effects would just get people to make a new character and stay the fuck away from drugs forever. The current withdrawal system wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't for the weather/interior effects. I haven't taken drugs (excluding weed and ecstasy) scriptwise since 2013 and have always deposit and then throw the drug away due to the withdrawal effects. For someone that doesn't get into a shootout for months in this game, drugs have no appeal to me script wise and I'd much rather buy, RP using and then throwing the drugs away instead of taking.

Also, I believe weapon warehouse owners can alter how much bullets a gun has. I know it can go over 200 for a deagle but I've never seen it less. I got a colt with 13 bullets once but I think it was just used.
ex tester, ex dictator of SAN, cunt
Francisca LopezZoe Guerra
dis me community pageSan Andreas NetworkLos Zetaswww.clicker.com
pm if u got a problem or some shit w/e

Winter
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Winter » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 am

Clem-Clem wrote:I personally dislike the fact that drugs give HP boosts already. I'd like to see less effects but I know that taking away the HP boosts and positive script effects would kill the drug trade. However, boosting the current withdrawal system's effects would just get people to make a new character and stay the fuck away from drugs forever. The current withdrawal system wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't for the weather/interior effects. I haven't taken drugs (excluding weed and ecstasy) scriptwise since 2013 and have always deposit and then throw the drug away due to the withdrawal effects. For someone that doesn't get into a shootout for months in this game, drugs have no appeal to me script wise and I'd much rather buy, RP using and then throwing the drugs away instead of taking.

Also, I believe weapon warehouse owners can alter how much bullets a gun has. I know it can go over 200 for a deagle but I've never seen it less. I got a colt with 13 bullets once but I think it was just used.
Well the withdrawal system could always be changed. Like, during withdrawal you are weaker, slower (can't sprint), hunger goes down faster, etc.

The thing that steers people more towards drugs in real life rather than in-game is that in real life, you have effects that happen to your brain, it makes YOU feel good, it's all that shit. To the average person nowadays, taking a drug to type out more lines of roleplay isn't really worthwhile.

I also don't think people will just throw away their characters because they've gone into withdrawal. There's always the option of treatment, or.. buying more drugs.
imagination

Clem-Clem
Sicario
Ingame name: TOO MANY

Post by Clem-Clem » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:13 am

Winter wrote: Well the withdrawal system could always be changed. Like, during withdrawal you are weaker, slower (can't sprint), hunger goes down faster, etc.
I can get behind the hunger. I'm just an anti-script guy though (whenever script forces you to do something/act something or limits you) so that's the main reason why I'm not comfortable with the other two things you said. Either way, if the withdrawal script was changed in any way, there'd be a massive increase in the amount of drugs purchased and used.
Winter wrote: I also don't think people will just throw away their characters because they've gone into withdrawal. There's always the option of treatment, or.. buying more drugs.
People CK their characters from 1hr in SACF. People sometimes don't value their characters as much as people think they should do. Or, people end up reviving their characters with a different name and say they're died (they just change the last name, say the first character is ckd and tell their ooc friends that its the same character) Wouldn't be surprised if someone has actually made a new character due to hating the withdrawal system. I remember I starting using one character more than another because of it back in 2013.

If the withdrawal system was longer, in it's current state that is, then I can definitely see someone killing their character due to it. If it was longer but your hunger goes down extremely fast then I'd say that's good.
ex tester, ex dictator of SAN, cunt
Francisca LopezZoe Guerra
dis me community pageSan Andreas NetworkLos Zetaswww.clicker.com
pm if u got a problem or some shit w/e

CJames
Mafia
Mafia

Post by CJames » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:28 am

The prices of melee weapons aren't realistic by the way, one knife would cost you around Eleven grands in LS-RP though. Would you like to buy a knife that cost Eleven grands? Lmfao, that sounds childish fam. It would be fabulous to see rules for warehouses and specially for those official factions who sell weapons in a ridiculous way also prices.

Skype isnt good evidence

i shot u down
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by i shot u down » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 pm

People still have to remember, this is a game. LS-RP economy is fucked and if you pay 11k for a knife your getting ripped off. The highest I ever paid for a knife was 7k when I really needed it. I also don't think clips should be added. It'll be a big stir and more people will abuse the PF store.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”