Make LSD Non-addictive & Improve Graphics

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

SoulStorm
Civilian
Civilian

Make LSD Non-addictive & Improve Graphics

Post by SoulStorm » Thu May 19, 2016 6:54 pm

I think we should make LSD Non-addictive since it is like IRL, plus to increate realism you should change the amounts of the drug (like for example when you /td it says you took __ grams of LSD. when infact its not the right amount , it should be counted in hits or drops , 1 gram of LSD is way more than neccessery to get high)
Also, I've done LSD ingame and it has no graphic change whatsoever just shaky screen (or maybe I just used shitty lsd). when IRL its the strongest psychedelic drug there is.

Rakatonk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jolie_Cooper

Re: Make LSD Non-addictive & Improve Graphics

Post by Rakatonk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:52 am

I can only back this up and add Ecstasy on the list, too.
Ecstasy has such a low addiction rate that it's almost non-addictive, too.

Btw. 1 gram of LSD is both expensive as hell and deadly.
San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Lieutenant Jolie Cooper

Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.

Jalen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: John Parsa

Post by Jalen » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 pm

I don't think the "gram" thing needs to be changed, since you can just roleplay it as one tab with however many micrograms you want. I do agree that it shouldn't be addictive, though, since that isn't the case in real life.

#drew
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by #drew » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:56 am

Graphics have been removed for all drugs, they don't exist anymore because of them conflicting with interiors/modifications. I agree though, it shouldn't have addictive qualities.
WHITE KNIGHTS MOTORCYCLE CLUB 2k15-17 <3
MICHAEL AMERO +Andrew Davidsons.
Retired LS:RP tester
Retired player, 2015-2017. :(

SnoopBot
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SnoopBot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Rakatonk wrote:I can only back this up and add Ecstasy on the list, too.

I dont agree with you about the ecstacy, if you take X oftenly, there is a little addiction you can see.

The more often you take Ecstacy, the more dosages you need to get the same effect like you had.
INDONESIA

CookieDani
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by CookieDani » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:15 pm

No way that is possible duo the weathers in San Andreas game, check out these last weather types that's the "addict" mode.

http://weedarr.wikidot.com/weather
http://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_weather_id/

They can mix it up though I'm not that sure about that, but these are possible listed above in that site.

Echo2345
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: FTQ

Post by Echo2345 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:57 pm

SnoopBot wrote:
Rakatonk wrote:I can only back this up and add Ecstasy on the list, too.

I dont agree with you about the ecstacy, if you take X oftenly, there is a little addiction you can see.

The more often you take Ecstacy, the more dosages you need to get the same effect like you had.
This is the same for every psychoactive substance, it's called a tolerance, nada to do with addiction.
Step out of my line and get outlined in chalk

TerminatorX
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TerminatorX » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:28 pm

MDMA is psychologically addictive but has little physical dependence. Shouldn't have the addiction effect in-game.

LSD is self-regulating due to the decreased effect tolerance for about 1-2 weeks after ingestion and has little effect on the body except vasoconstriction.

Killa_K
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Karv

Post by Killa_K » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:52 am

You can actually put yourself back into a trip from LSD, it is called HPPD, and it causes you to snap back into a trip randomly. Usually when cracking your neck or your back. But it stays in your body forever, and never disappears. However it isn't addictive and shouldn't be held as addictive in the game, but in fact have a percentage chance for your person to randomly start tripping due to HPPD. That would be the most realistic thing for LSD, and it would change the way you RP with LSD, because lets say a 2 percent chance of you tripping out randomly at random points in time, that would make you trip lets say while driving, and now you crash, and it gives a whole RP situation to not only you but the people around you. Cops, FD and other people like this now getting involved. Because this is the kind of stuff that happens in real life. And no LSD is not the strongest, DMT is probably the strongest psychedelic you could do. Might be something stronger, but from my knowledge it is DMT. And yeah it shouldn't be measured in grams, but it isn't that big of a deal, because who really cares much about if it says grams or dropped a tab of acid, or something like that. Doesn't mean much. But this goes for a lot of drugs that are addictive, like X, it isn't addictive either, so why is it in game?

TerminatorX
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TerminatorX » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Killa_K wrote:You can actually put yourself back into a trip from LSD, it is called HPPD, and it causes you to snap back into a trip randomly. Usually when cracking your neck or your back. But it stays in your body forever, and never disappears. However it isn't addictive and shouldn't be held as addictive in the game, but in fact have a percentage chance for your person to randomly start tripping due to HPPD. That would be the most realistic thing for LSD, and it would change the way you RP with LSD, because lets say a 2 percent chance of you tripping out randomly at random points in time, that would make you trip lets say while driving, and now you crash, and it gives a whole RP situation to not only you but the people around you. Cops, FD and other people like this now getting involved. Because this is the kind of stuff that happens in real life. And no LSD is not the strongest, DMT is probably the strongest psychedelic you could do. Might be something stronger, but from my knowledge it is DMT. And yeah it shouldn't be measured in grams, but it isn't that big of a deal, because who really cares much about if it says grams or dropped a tab of acid, or something like that. Doesn't mean much. But this goes for a lot of drugs that are addictive, like X, it isn't addictive either, so why is it in game?
I know what hallucinogen persistent perceptive disorder is and it's NOT a flashback - flashbacks don't actually exist.
HPPD is merely floaters, tracers and other mild distortions (the worst being wavy walls :roll:) going about your field of view. More common from deliriants than LSD I'd say.

Roleplaying effective doses would be better than being forced to 'ingest a gram' of any substance.

DMT is yeah. Short-lasting but intense. Salvia is also strangely potent. Wouldn't like to see these in-game though as they can't be roleplayed properly and aren't interesting to criminal gangs (neither is LSD to be fair). Who can RP being outwardly catatonic while having a spiritual trip the magnitude of an atomic bomb going off in your head for about fifteen minutes?

Killa_K
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Karv

Post by Killa_K » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:00 pm

I mean unless somebody has actually taken a trip in real life and seen the reality of it I dont think anybody could really rp it correctly. And youre right cause street bangers dont usually just have lsd to sell you have to find yourself a psychedelic dealer. And yeah i know its not a flashback just a hit of distortion of hearing, sight, or feeling. But with the screen effects no longer being a thing to have that happen it would be all a perception of who will actually rp the effect of it. And who will actually care about the realism of the drug.

TerminatorX
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TerminatorX » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Killa_K wrote:I mean unless somebody has actually taken a trip in real life and seen the reality of it I dont think anybody could really rp it correctly. And youre right cause street bangers dont usually just have lsd to sell you have to find yourself a psychedelic dealer. And yeah i know its not a flashback just a hit of distortion of hearing, sight, or feeling. But with the screen effects no longer being a thing to have that happen it would be all a perception of who will actually rp the effect of it. And who will actually care about the realism of the drug.
That's why gangs shouldn't control the flow of acid and the acid should be a niche market like in real life. The only people who would take it are those interested in drug roleplaying though but there could be some sort of scripted thing where it would give you a one time five additional permanent HP if you take it 5 times :') would be a nice surprise and add incentive to the trade.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”