Allow guard cards holders to use paper sprays!

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

BLACKnife
Mafia
Mafia

Allow guard cards holders to use paper sprays!

Post by BLACKnife » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:34 pm

The title says everything. Brawl is a bitch to control without them. You right, tasers shouldn't be given to us because:

1. It'll be so going to be abused.
2. IRL guards don't have tasers.

Paper spray for guard cards holders won't really affect anyone. To prevent from this being abused, you can put ammo for it. For example, the max ammo for the spray can is "2500-500". Guards do not use paper spray a lot in nightclubs (I myself even have nights that I don't do anything at Alhambra or stage 25.). Just like the graffiti, spray cans won't be able to give/throw on the ground from preventing stockpiling. You can make a rule just like PF that paper sprays are limited to 2-3 or even 1 to avoid abuse

It'll work just like the PF, if you stockpiled it you'll be punished accordingly. You can also make it IIlegl to carry with you because I have no idea why would you run around with a mace.

Same goes for batons, why we have to buy batons from IIlegal factions? lol..
Characters: show
Tyler_Ruthledge: ALIVE currently living at 9200 Hoover hood.

Joseph_Dunn: ALIVE currently got kicked out of RSA and doesn't know what to do with himself.

BLACKnife
Mafia
Mafia

Re: Allow guard cards holders to use paper sprays!

Post by BLACKnife » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:39 am

Bumping this, I think you should discuss it because it's really important for the guys who ever rping security guards.

Joseph_Dunn: ALIVE currently got kicked out of RSA and doesn't know what to do with himself.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Supporting, why not? It is realistic, even my grandma has pepper spray in her purse. :D About tasers, I myself have a taser gun in my house, it's legally owned, you don't need any 'license' to get it, but a lot of money, so it wouldn't be non-rp'ly for guard to have them, but would be useless. Guards don't have to detain people, only to take them out of the business if they act wrongly. Anyway, supporting.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Been arguing for this for one and a half years now, it's simply ridiculous that lethal weapons are available for people with the proper license, and can be legally used to shoot others as long as it looks like self defence or some other valid reason, but there is no availability of non-lethal weapons that are openly sold irl (i.e. pepper spray, baton).

BLACKnife
Mafia
Mafia

Post by BLACKnife » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:22 pm

knppel_alt wrote:Been arguing for this for one and a half years now, it's simply ridiculous that lethal weapons are available for people with the proper license, and can be legally used to shoot others as long as it looks like self-defence or some other valid reason, but there is no availability of non-lethal weapons that are openly sold irl (i.e. pepper spray, baton).
Still, remember, it's SAMP, somehow people will abuse it so you gotta be careful with what you adding. I fully support with the pepper spray and the baton, but not with the taser.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Didn't mention tasers up there I think, we all know that a ten second stun is not feasible to be in everyone's hands.

BLACKnife
Mafia
Mafia

Post by BLACKnife » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 am

knppel_alt wrote:Didn't mention tasers up there I think, we all know that a ten second stun is not feasible to be in everyone's hands.
bump this

OIL Incorporated
Gangster
Gangster

Post by OIL Incorporated » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:39 pm

This is a good suggestion, becoming a guard is a lengthy process and considering pepper sprays can be bought by anyone in real life I think it's just to allow guards to buy them.

ph0enix.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Kelly Prescott

Post by ph0enix. » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Personally, we (RSA) used to ask admins for pepper-sprays and they would just give them, but this of course would save ours and the admins time. Supporting.

[MAG]-Snake
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Kappa

Post by [MAG]-Snake » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:35 am

Supporting this.
Last edited by Gallardo on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
-Issac Asimov

WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Post by WhiteShadow » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:53 pm

I believe with the MDC update there is going to be an update with the PF, CCW, and GC as at it seems to be separate licenses from what I remember from one of the MDC screenshots.

At the moment in order for us to give a Guard Card it has to be noted down via /wanted which ironically ends up being a "criminal record". The same gets done for CCWs seeing as there is no alternative.

I've seen this kind of suggestion for so long, I'm not in full agreement with pepper spray but I think that adding the baton for GC holders is a good idea.
WhiteShadow

Alexander Darnell - Retired Police Captain I
Jay Norman - Retired Master Thief
Ex-Senior Forum Moderator
Image Ex-Head of Other Games Mods

Retired from the LS:RP Staff Team
Left the Server/Community
"No matter how hard you try at doing the right thing or the good thing you’ll always end up with people hating you for a stupid reason."

Airwalk
LS:RP Mapper
LS:RP Mapper

Post by Airwalk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:09 am

ph0enix. wrote:Personally, we (RSA) used to ask admins for pepper-sprays and they would just give them, but this of course would save ours and the admins time. Supporting.
Yeah but the difference is that the pepperspray given by admins/official factions is not the same as LEOs spray. DOC and PD/SD's spray gives the sprayed people a shaky screen as an example.

TheeAmericanoIdiota
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: George_Lincoln

Post by TheeAmericanoIdiota » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:14 pm

This is a good suggestion indeed, most bodyguards and security guards in real life use pepper spray.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”