Q&A: House & Apartment Rules

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: In-Game Leads, Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: House & Apartment Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:06 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the House & Apartment Rules.

Sreto
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Q&A: House & Apartment Rules

Post by Sreto » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Question about furniture in the house.
Like one month ago, I had a house, that had really large interior, with a lot of rooms and bathrooms, so I decided to do /furniture and to put a closet, to cover the bathroom's enterce, that was located inside of the room and I always had 1gun located there, is it alright if you actually Roleplay that you move the closet from the door-way and to get inside and then take guns/drugs or whatever is in there.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Jonathan_Baccarini

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Valid, but I don't see major changes besides furniture rules!

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:15 am

Sreten_Jankovic wrote:Question about furniture in the house.
Like one month ago, I had a house, that had really large interior, with a lot of rooms and bathrooms, so I decided to do /furniture and to put a closet, to cover the bathroom's enterce, that was located inside of the room and I always had 1gun located there, is it alright if you actually Roleplay that you move the closet from the door-way and to get inside and then take guns/drugs or whatever is in there.

I'm fairly certain this is against rules as nobody but you can move the closet scriptwise.

Deivydas
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Nick Mena

Post by Deivydas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:19 am

About the absence of houses/apartments. If a person isn't active for two weeks they get evicted and everyone can buy the house? Or there is a certain date, lets say every month, when there's a server restart and all inactive houses get removed. It used to be that every month I guess admins would say: House rehash and everyone would go house hunting. Is it the same now?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:23 am

Deivydas wrote:About the absence of houses/apartments. If a person isn't active for two weeks they get evicted and everyone can buy the house? Or there is a certain date, lets say every month, when there's a server restart and all inactive houses get removed. It used to be that every month I guess admins would say: House rehash and everyone would go house hunting. Is it the same now?

Everything's the same as it used to be. There are no technical changes to these rules either.

knppel
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Carry Saunders

Post by knppel » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 pm

How can I avoid being reported over and over by people jealous of some good piece of furniture?
To be concrete, it's about our nightclub in the Capitol Tower, which we had to cut down already six weeks ago when one admin popped up and told out it was too big.
We followed his demand and cut out half the size of the original interior design, he was satisfied, and now suddenly over a month later a different staff member pops up with the same story, telling us it's too big to fit the exterior blah blah.
Are there any clear guidelines to crate a "legal" interior or is this simply up to staff discretion and anyone can at anytime demand anything he personally deems too big or not realistic to be changed/removed?

I'd really like to know this before I once again let my and other player's characters put any e money in a project.

Firstname_Lastname
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Firstname_Lastname » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Talk with Marshall., heard of property.
There is no money more respectable than dirty money, that has been laundered and aged properly.
Nane Mardagian

Mitcholodolo
Lastname Ever, Firstname Greatest
Ingame name: [Mask 241249_77]

Post by Mitcholodolo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:47 am

I rented a room and it was one dollar for like a week. Then I get a payday and see that i have 36.773 left, and the rent was 20k. Is this not Script Abuse?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 am

Swankem wrote:I rented a room and it was one dollar for like a week. Then I get a payday and see that i have 36.773 left, and the rent was 20k. Is this not Script Abuse?

Breach of common courtesy rules and is punishable. House owners are not allowed to do that without alerting their tenants beforehand. Use /report if such a thing happens. Also, you could use /unrent to stop renting at said property.

Mitcholodolo
Ingame name: [Mask 241249_77]

Post by Mitcholodolo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:27 am

Conspiracy wrote:
Swankem wrote:I rented a room and it was one dollar for like a week. Then I get a payday and see that i have 36.773 left, and the rent was 20k. Is this not Script Abuse?

Breach of common courtesy rules and is punishable. House owners are not allowed to do that without alerting their tenants beforehand. Use /report if such a thing happens. Also, you could use /unrent to stop renting at said property.

Thanks for telling me. I will be posting a report then.

Hiro*
Best Clothing Layout of 2012
Best Clothing Layout of 2012
Ingame name: Kimmel

Post by Hiro* » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 am

Can complex owner overwrite server rules by saying that you can't own more than one apartment in his complex?

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 am

Hiro* wrote:Can complex owner overwrite server rules by saying that you can't own more than one apartment in his complex?

Depends on the type of complex. If it's a private complex, they can. If it's a faction complex, they can't. Don't expect to not get evicted eventually though, in either of the two cases. Everyone knows that people who buy multiple apartments in a single complex hardly use them.

Justice
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Thug Wife

Post by Justice » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:55 pm

What is the procedure to have an admin view on a "secret room" in your house and eventually get it accepted? Also are there any requirements asecret room should be meeting to be approved?

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Liliana Bellucci

Post by Adorn. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:32 am

Justice wrote:What is the procedure to have an admin view on a "secret room" in your house and eventually get it accepted? Also are there any requirements asecret room should be meeting to be approved?

They're usually not allowed and punishable.

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”