Q&A: Teamspeak Rules

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: In-Game Leads, Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: Teamspeak Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:11 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the Teamspeak Rules.

Tyler_Smith
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Seth Graziano

Re: Q&A: Teamspeak Rules

Post by Tyler_Smith » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Hey Conspiracy, erm my concern and my problem is that the cops get to use TS but others cant. Yall say they gotta use it so they dont gotta type and w/e but everyone needs to use something else than typing in /r sometimes, so my point is (no offense) The management of this server keeps babying these cops and treating them like friggin royalty. full stop.

Previous Characters:

Seth Graziano
Brian Stolkes

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Tyler_Smith wrote:Hey Conspiracy, erm my concern and my problem is that the cops get to use TS but others cant. Yall say they gotta use it so they dont gotta type and w/e but everyone needs to use something else than typing in /r sometimes, so my point is (no offense) The management of this server keeps babying these cops and treating them like friggin royalty. full stop.

We get treated the exact same as you, try going onto a regular LS-RP TS channel and get chatting with people you'll get the same so-called "royalty" from management who at the end of the day are regular people who wanna have fun with mates and RP.

The thing is about allowing civilian/criminals is that it will make roleplay less and less to an extent where it'll just be people running around in shooting scenarios without any actual IC communication. And I know many will pull the "well so does PD they don't RP lol" and from my point of view (I don't state at any point that my opinion is the right only right one) allowing civilians/criminals to use TS is going to have a high impact on roleplay standard and I could think of a lot of ways why.

Those who want to comment on LEO roleplay being "poor" already, I actually beg you to make a report to our respective faction leaders and report those who don't make the effort to give you good standard roleplay. Please do.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Tyler_Smith
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Tyler_Smith » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Noone can successfully report pd or sd cuz you are all protected.... i never said your RP was poor, I have been here for three plus years and how i see u people get treated so nicely it raises my eyebrow. And its not me, Why do you think so many people talk negativly about u guys? Stop covering up the FACT that PD/SD are treated differently. If I'm getting arrested or something. (Example) A cop thinks i commited a crime and i call an admin, they will tell me to explain and i will state facts and then u guys say your story and in an INSTANT without any proof they take your side, and most admins will try to keep me quiet by removing my posts or w/e but its my opinion, you people are treated like angels.

Previous Characters:

Seth Graziano
Brian Stolkes

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Tyler_Smith, you're misinformed.

And no, players outside of PD/SD will never be allowed to use TS or any other VoIP programs for IC purposes. We've talked about that topic countless time in General Discussions, use the search function if you'd like to know more info.

Tyler_Smith
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Tyler_Smith » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 pm

And of course, I've been shut down....This is why noone can really talk thier mind.. Thanks comspiracy... :(

Previous Characters:

Seth Graziano
Brian Stolkes

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 pm

Nah, Tyler, it's not that you're not allowed to speak about it, lol, it's just that you're misinformed on how things actually work around here. Most, if not all of the things you've said are simply incorrect. Hey, if you're so enthusiastic about PD/SD roleplay, then why don't you join one of those two factions? I'm sure you'll have a blast — plus, you'll learn more about how they operate, the hardships they have to endure and the way they are really treated.

ObZen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jesse Styles

Post by ObZen » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 am

I'd also like to say that LSPD and SASD can only use specific channels in order to communicate via voice for IC means. They switch to these 'IC' channels when a situation requiring it happens. Not just driving around in TS not role playing, contrary to popular belief.
PRESIDENT TRUMP

Gang Detective, Representative, Lawyer, Governor, Philanthropist, Nomad. Pce LSRP.

Tyler_Smith
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Tyler_Smith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Point taken, and conspiracy, To join PD/SD is a long ass application, 2 intervies pre academy test... academy then exams then graduation, thats madness to join a faction on a game.

Previous Characters:

Seth Graziano
Brian Stolkes

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Conspiracy wrote:
Nah, Tyler, it's not that you're not allowed to speak about it, lol, it's just that you're misinformed on how things actually work around here. Most, if not all of the things you've said are simply incorrect.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QznycHXY-Ek[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3ZXGbSMMc[/video]

Here's my suggestion, either let everyone use OOC communication, or don't let anyone use OOC communication at all, it's as simple as that. The police have UNLIMITED resources at their hand, whether it be guns, vehicles, the 911 radio channel, and channel between different departments, you name it. The last thing they need is OOC communication, because all they do is abuse it, and when they do get caught out on it or reported, fuck all happens. I don't give a shit what any of you white knights say, it does happen, it has happened, and you cannot deny that.

I will give a few examples of where this has happened.

Both me and my friend were unmasked, a police officer was coming after me, so I parked my car. My friend got out, and insta headshotted the police officer, he was then dead. I then drove off, and that was it. 10 Minutes later, I have a police officer after me, the next thing I know there are 15 police cars after me, even the blue SWAT armoured car, and that never happens. Despite the fact the police officer was shot and killed giving me no time at all realistically to call for backup, it was a solid sign of him doing MG over Teamspeak. Because who the fuck sends 16 police cars after one guy doing a pursuit?

The other situation, was when I ran a police officer over, I then communicated with another police officer via his phone outside, the police officer just so happens to find out where the guy was on the ground, and also JUST SO HAPPENS to have 5 other police cars right round the corner... Despite the fact I never gave away my location. It was just solid MG. Infact, here's the video to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcM_7ck ... age#t=3288
Last edited by Dalek on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:00 pm

This isn't the place to be reporting people, head to Report Player for that.

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Conspiracy wrote:This isn't the place to be reporting people, head to Report Player for that.

I'm not, I'm just proving that it does happen. There's no point anyway, nothing happens if they get reported for MG.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:16 pm

This isn't the place to be 'proving' anything though, especially not in the vulgar way you did.

If you've got any complaints about players/factions, make through Report Player.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:02 am

Before you accuse me of ass kissing, I'll just say I've never been in or intended to join PD or SD, and roleplayed distrust to both departments on a civilian (one strictly civilian with no criminal activities whatsoever, other than misdemeanors) character that has been played for over 3 years now. That is the part of the problem: every single nobody is too important to be pulled over for a traffic infraction and makes a run for it even when the cops have nothing on them, when in fact they could have gotten away with it with a verbal warning. Same goes for shooting at cops just because you're bored.
But take a look at their responses (mostly) when you blame them of something. Very few tell you to stfu, most implore you to report the rulebreakers because it's in their interest too. Because nobody is denying there are rulebreakers within PD and SD, just as there are in any other faction at times, of course outside of official factions as well.
What is your video supposed to prove (I admit I only watched from the point you marked, near the end)? That you bunny hop hoping to get away? That you continue shooting even when you're outnumbered and outgunned, committing a standard suicide by cop? That you're trying to /acceptdeath ASAP to avoid any consequences of your actions and just respawn instantly? I'm saying you cause I assume it's your video, it very well might not be.
And just to make sure I don't rant just in favor to cops, they have a couple of dirty stains too, like asking for your real name on their forums when applying for faction or even observer (like your real name should matter to anyone for any god damn reason).

But before you go blaming the PD/SD, I urge you to apply for an observer. It takes less time than applying for a spot in the force, it actually takes barely any time at all. You get to sit in the back of the cruiser with armor on and see the shit they go through on a day to day basis. Because it's harder to regulate random people who never posted their admin record anywhere, with no official faction to suffer consequences from and who in short have very little to lose (other than spot to play on the server, which applies to everyone anyway).
Spoiler: show
To mods: if I was out of my turn talking about this warn away, I was just trying to make the perspective more clear from a point of view of a fellow "civilian".

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Ferdinand wrote:What is your video supposed to prove (I admit I only watched from the point you marked, near the end)? That you bunny hop hoping to get away? That you continue shooting even when you're outnumbered and outgunned, committing a standard suicide by cop? That you're trying to /acceptdeath ASAP to avoid any consequences of your actions and just respawn instantly?

The point of the footage near the end is this, I ran over a police officer, took his Deagle, I then answered his phone and spoke to another police officer over the phone. The police officer that I spoke to over the phone just so happens to find where the police officer I ran over is, so I tried making a run for it. Out of no where, coincidentally it just so happens that there are a whole bunch of other police cars after me indicating that the person I ran over called for backup over Teamspeak. But whilst speaking to the police officer over his phone, I did not give away my location, I said something along the lines of going to a bar, and having a relationship problem. Thats about it.

Again, the footage clearly indicates that the person I ran over called for backup over Teamspeak, and warned the other police officers to get to his location, or near his location to close in on me at the right time. There's just no realistic way that, that many cars would turn up like that out of no where.

Also, I accepted death because realistically I wouldn't have survived considering the amount of bullets that I had received.

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”