Q&A: Forum Rules

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: In-Game Leads, Lead Admins

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Q&A: Forum Rules

Post by Garrity » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:08 pm

It kind of goes without saying that if this is an English speaking server that it is English only on the forum. We even have a non-english subforum I can't see how that isn't enough indication.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Koehler
God of Spammers
God of Spammers
Ingame name: Albert_Mauro

Post by Koehler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:13 pm

What Darius says is that people get warned (in the Romanian section at least, I can confirm) for using English words and expressions in their replies. Expression used in the daily life as well. For example "cool", "nice" etc. And also expressions which come naturally in the internet speech such as "i got you" etc. It's a world wide phenomenon that people mix English with their native language up to some extent but moderators (at least in the said section) apparently do not have the common sense to understand this. It is not their duty to preserve their native language and force people not to mix it with a bit of English as it only comes in naturally in the flow of speech.

I agree with Darius, such rules should be implemented by an upper ranked staff member.

FatHof
Mafia
Mafia

Post by FatHof » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:39 pm

Are you allowed to post a picture of a naked body if the sex organ is censured in the faction forum, showing just as much skin as a bikini set would on the beach?
Free my boy Ant

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:50 pm

FatHof wrote:Are you allowed to post a picture of a naked body if the sex organ is censured in the faction forum, showing just as much skin as a bikini set would on the beach?

That's a very fine line but still no since it is pretty much inappropriate content even if it's just a body with the areas censored.
Game Administrator

drought
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by drought » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Garrity wrote:
FatHof wrote:Are you allowed to post a picture of a naked body if the sex organ is censured in the faction forum, showing just as much skin as a bikini set would on the beach?

That's a very fine line but still no since it is pretty much inappropriate content even if it's just a body with the areas censored.

Is it inappropriate to post pictures of females wearing bikinis?

Feenix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Adrian_Donnelly

Post by Feenix » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:21 pm

drought wrote:
Garrity wrote:

As long as no nudity is present, it is usually accepted.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 pm

drought wrote:
Garrity wrote:

That's usually acceptable, yes.
Game Administrator

PrettyKasztan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PrettyKasztan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:24 pm

I have my 2 warnings for long time now for 'bashing' factions in general, is there a way to remove them? previously i had some warnings but they were removed somehow, now those 2 stay for long time just wondering if its possible to take them off as i been good :D
Rodney_Kruger

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• TAKING SKIN REQUESTS •
Headswaps | R* models | R* textures | Simple skin mods | NO custom models
SHOWROOM

drought
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by drought » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 pm

PrettyKasztan wrote:I have my 2 warnings for long time now for 'bashing' factions in general, is there a way to remove them? previously i had some warnings but they were removed somehow, now those 2 stay for long time just wondering if its possible to take them off as i been good :D

u'll have to wait 90 days or whatever

SmokeyZxNL
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: Joe_Barone

Post by SmokeyZxNL » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:42 pm

I just posted a topic with screens. But I also posted the same screens in a faction topic. Is this allowed?
Or is there some rule about double-posting?
Current faction:
-
Event suggestion:
[LS-RP] Annual Decathlon 1st edition
Vehicle suggestion:
Using your vehicle light as indicator

Mercer_
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Ray Howland

Post by Mercer_ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:20 am

SmokeyZxNL wrote:I just posted a topic with screens. But I also posted the same screens in a faction topic. Is this allowed?

Usually, there's nothing wrong with posting screens on lets say your personal thread and a factions/players thread that were involved in that particular scenario, people do it all the time.
However, your case is somewhat different, as the faction thread you posted on has a specific rule regarding the matter:
Permission to post screenshots on the thread is required. To get it, please PM Ruskie . His inbox is also open for your faction-related questions and concerns.

We are aware that a nomadic motorcycle club isn't the easiest faction to join because of obvious reasons, so PMing Xibi will help you get in touch with us.

As long as you got permission for posting in said thread, you should be fine, otherwise just PM Ruskie and sort it out with him.

SmokeyZxNL
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: Joe_Barone

Post by SmokeyZxNL » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:41 am

Mercer_ wrote:
SmokeyZxNL wrote:I just posted a topic with screens. But I also posted the same screens in a faction topic. Is this allowed?

Usually, there's nothing wrong with posting screens on lets say your personal thread and a factions/players thread that were involved in that particular scenario, people do it all the time.
However, your case is somewhat different, as the faction thread you posted on has a specific rule regarding the matter:
Permission to post screenshots on the thread is required. To get it, please PM Ruskie . His inbox is also open for your faction-related questions and concerns.

We are aware that a nomadic motorcycle club isn't the easiest faction to join because of obvious reasons, so PMing Xibi will help you get in touch with us.

As long as you got permission for posting in said thread, you should be fine, otherwise just PM Ruskie and sort it out with him.

Thanks for answering.
Current faction:
-
Event suggestion:
[LS-RP] Annual Decathlon 1st edition
Vehicle suggestion:
Using your vehicle light as indicator

Angles
Donator
Donator

Post by Angles » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 pm

What justifies an admin to lock a thread?
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

Buster
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Buster_Test

Post by Buster » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Angles wrote:What justifies an admin to lock a thread?
What kind of thread are you talking about?

If this is about Gen. discussion threads, then whenever the thread comes out of handy. Like users flaming and insulting each other. Those kind of things wont be tolerated, which results the thread being locked.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."
- Matthew 5:9 -

PrettyKasztan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PrettyKasztan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:12 am

Is it allowed to have 2 forum accounts? Just to avoid people metagaming knowing it's you by posting screens.
Rodney_Kruger

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• TAKING SKIN REQUESTS •
Headswaps | R* models | R* textures | Simple skin mods | NO custom models
SHOWROOM

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”