ryoma's 2015 CWP Subaru BRZ Limited journal

Come and discuss to your heart's content about all things CARS! Building one? Renovating one? Just want to show yours off? Then you've come to the right place!

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

UK
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Owen

Re: ryoma's 2015 CWP Subaru BRZ Limited journal

Post by UK » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Salss wrote:
UK wrote:
Ryoma wrote:
I have this rock chip on the edge of the rim from going off the race track a few months ago. it keeps bugging me even though you can't really see it unless you look closely, but I notice it every time lol :(
I know how you feel, my car is no where near perfect anymore.. but it just comes with age. I've got near 100k miles and it's a 2011.
Holy fuck you drive a lot, my parents sold our old car last summer and it was a 2006 and had only 30k miles on it, our new car is a 2004 and it only has 100k..
Lol, my dad just traded in his old 2012 truck for a new one because he hit 90k.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:26 am

I just hit 10k on my car yesterday. on my MR2, I racked up about 40k miles in 3 years. mainly because I was commuting 3 times a week (140 miles round trip) to school for a while.

UK
Mafia
Mafia

Post by UK » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 pm

I bought the car last Spring with about 64k miles, and I commute upwards of 200 miles a day.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 am

UK wrote:I bought the car last Spring with about 64k miles, and I commute upwards of 200 miles a day.
damn that's a long commute lol. need to invest in that top notch stereo system to make it through the drive

UK
Mafia
Mafia

Post by UK » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:52 pm

I sooo want a new headunit, amp, and sub. It's at the bottom of my to do list though and I need all my trunk space, my Subaru is more like a battle wagon than a street car. I haul shit, lol. Tow hitch and all. If I didn't have a project truck and a car I probably would have poured more into my Subaru.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:06 am

I recently got my hands on a used JR NA oil cooler. I was originally going to go with the RacerX one, but can't pass up a good deal when I see one. this was the reason why I removed the Grimspeed intake and the OEM style oil cooler earlier.
Spoiler: show
fortunately, I did not run into many problems when installing the oil cooler. however, I did need to buy the tools needed like the 27mm wrench and 27mm socket. I used the 27mm wrench on the female AN fittings as well, even though they were a 25mm wrench size. the most pain in the ass was to tighten the 27mm oil bypass. my socket had a slightly too thick of a wall so it was making contact with the sandwich plate. I just used my torque wrench and used one hand to force the socket on the 27mm hex and slowly (I mean VERY slowly) tightened it. it slipped a few times but hopefully I won't have to take it on or off any time soon.

I closely inspected for leaks since I didn't trust myself (lol) but so far there were none after a 10 minute drive. I'm going to keep checking over the next week just to make sure.

also, the oil lines ran pretty close to my stock intake box and I tried to give as much room as possible. hopefully there's nothing wrong with that since the space is extremely limited.
Spoiler: show
I was considering the Mishimoto and RacerX oil coolers since I wanted something to hard mount on instead of screwing through the plastic undertray. although people say it's no problem, it just feels pretty sketchy to me. I feel more at peace with the oil cooler mounted on a solid object (in this case, the bumper support).

GoverningNick
Mafia
Mafia

Post by GoverningNick » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 am

Hey Ryoma, you down to hit Highway 74 sometime?

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:09 am

GoverningNick wrote:Hey Ryoma, you down to hit Highway 74 sometime?
yeah sure. do you usually only go up to Vista Point or the whole way to Idylwild and Banning? I got finals this week and going out of town the week after for a week so I'm pretty busy right now. we can figure out a time later

GoverningNick
Mafia
Mafia

Post by GoverningNick » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:23 am

Ryoma wrote:
GoverningNick wrote:Hey Ryoma, you down to hit Highway 74 sometime?
yeah sure. do you usually only go up to Vista Point or the whole way to Idylwild and Banning? I got finals this week and going out of town the week after for a week so I'm pretty busy right now. we can figure out a time later
I normally only go up to Vista Point and down from there. I've only gone past Vista Point 3 times actually. Anyway, I'm going to be in Madera for spring break April 3rd to April 9nth, but I'm not doing anything past that as far as I know.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Mon May 02, 2016 6:24 am

almost pulled off the most legendary spin out over the weekend. if there were no cars about to pass me, I would have gone straight back into it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEBJT2WFP4[/video]

Jakey
Lead Admin
Ingame name: McCoy

Post by Jakey » Mon May 02, 2016 6:49 am

nice 2 c you alive

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Mon May 02, 2016 8:43 am

died and came back

Salss
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Salss » Mon May 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Isn't that track one of LeMons tracks?
.......:::::S - C H A S S I S x E 3 6 L O V E R:::::.......

DO NOT PM ME CONCERNING MODS
YOU WILL BE IGNORED

UK
Mafia
Mafia

Post by UK » Mon May 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Ryoma wrote:almost pulled off the most legendary spin out over the weekend. if there were no cars about to pass me, I would have gone straight back into it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEBJT2WFP4[/video]
Awesome that you live in an area with some decent tracks.. I've never been on a race track personally. There simply are none in a 4-5 hour radius unless I want to take my things on a clay oval or a drag strip.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Mon May 02, 2016 10:31 pm

Salss wrote:Isn't that track one of LeMons tracks?
not sure, but there was a LeMons car at that track day. it was pretty badass, a suzuki swift that was all banged up with a motorcycle engine in the passenger area. the track is called Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
UK wrote:
Awesome that you live in an area with some decent tracks.. I've never been on a race track personally. There simply are none in a 4-5 hour radius unless I want to take my things on a clay oval or a drag strip.
this track is about 1 hour away from my house, but it's in the middle of no where lol. the nearest gas station is 30 minutes away unless you pay $10/gal for fuel at the track. the other "close" race track is Willow Springs (has 3 different tracks), which is about 3 hours away. this was my first time at Chuckwalla and it is a great track. IMO, it is better that Streets of Willow (the only track I have drove on at Willow Springs). sad thing is that there aren't many public track days at Chuckwalla. probably only 3 or 4 a year. the rest are all private.

Return to “Cars”