What is the hardest faction to pull off?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

Manuel_Karayan
Civilian
Civilian

Re: What is the hardest faction to pull off?

Post by Manuel_Karayan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:10 am

Cartels and Triads.

Sisca
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Sisca » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:22 am

Dan beaver wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 am
I agree that cartels have always been hard to pull off, because there aren’t many resources available to learn about how a cartel operates in the US. So, as a consequence, most if not all cartel factions on LSRP seem to emulate those in Mexico. I disagree that you need a lot of money to start a cartel, and also disagree that they don’t work or are too big. Cartels are not gangs, they transport and distribute drugs - you only need a minimum of 3 people to make this roleplay realistic and enjoyable. I think any faction that doesn’t have many resources (documentaries, books, etc) is hard to portray.
I think a proper way to word how it was previously as no one portrays them realistically. With minimal resources you could pull off roleplaying a gang connected to a cartel, or even a cell but it'd require more. I think the biggest misconception with most cartel factions is the entire oh recruit everyone we can. Cartel operations in the United States are kept extremely small scale, they work of cells that rely mostly on smaller organizations (primarily gangs) to do shit for them, especially in California and Texas. And chances are these guys aren't just working for the cartel, they have cover jobs, they launder money. People that do it just need to stop focusing on trying to get as many people as possible and out-doing themselves.
The Ride

Este
Game Administrator

Post by Este » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Always wanted to see a stable Triad become successful. Something that's never really been grasped. Not only does it need to be role-played and portrayed like Bashkirov and Apophis said, it needs a solid core to make those things happen. That's what's lacked previously when people have attempted such a thing, they either role-played straight off the boat or lacked a solid core membership.

Another thing I'd love to see is more Motorcycle clubs who do not automatically hate other MC's as someone previously said. It's stupid how when someone makes an MC, all current and functional MC's straight away despise them before they've even interacted with them. That's not how it works. Bikers aren't some anti-social heathens who will only talk among themselves. Every one seems to portray the fat, bearded biker from the 70's-80's and think it's still the "In" thing.

A Biker isn't all about the typical "White trash" you see in those gang land documentaries. So stereo-typical it's unreal.

Cayl
Head of Other Games

Post by Cayl » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:41 pm

I'd love to see a Triad faction, but yeah like others pointed out, researching them can be difficult, it's easier to roleplay a member of a street gang, since most players on LSRP have the experience with it. Barely anyone have experience roleplaying in a Triad, so you run into the issue of not finding members. I'd still love to see one in the future, which lasts and is portrayed well at the very least.
Image Image Image Image
şehîd namirin

Apophis
Game Admin
Game Admin
Ingame name: popposito x dai lo

Post by Apophis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Bashkirov wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:34 am
The reason why people people fail at doing triads is because they try to do triads in the way you've described. They role-play off the boat Chinese people and try to go all out with the Chinese culture, and can't get it down, so they quit. They want to RP this sorta of high class level of triad that you see in documentaries, and not street level connected dudes in LS.
I'm specifically referring to Chinatown tongs. Second / third gen Chinese is still heavily influenced by its ancestral culture. RPing off-the-boat is cringe worthy. We're not rping building railroads.
apophis x plastic x junipero x dogs x leispang x gwb x kirby x zulu x oliver x retina x limpone x sao x bd x redboy x lunar x loud pack x mrm x m1

Kendrick_Underwood
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Bashkirov and Apophis sum it up well, due to the nature of how things work on LS-RP, it's better (and easier) to roleplay lower level street soliders.

That's where most people go wrong.

And the off-the-boat thing is equally as valid. Mobs and gangs aren't ran by 1st generation immigrants (usually), they're ran by established families that have lived in the US for multiple generations (usually).

Deeclassify
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Deeclassify » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Yakuza, chinese mafia or jewish mafia IMO
chale

Ruben Munoz D-seg
Javier Capmany Colinas

. .

Dos Santos
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dos Santos » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Kipps wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 pm
LCN factions are hard to maintain because the minute anything positive happens, some random enforcer will begin the monthly coup d'état.

Are you okay?

Boss Deem
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Boss Deem » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 pm

A lot of hispanic street gangs are portrayed incorrectly. I don't think it's the hardest to pull off though.

Like said above, anything to do with asian culture is hard to portray correctly by most Americans.

Dan beaver
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Criminal ESWFTHLS

Post by Dan beaver » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 am

Dos Santos wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm
Kipps wrote:
LCN factions are hard to maintain because the minute anything positive happens, some random enforcer will begin the monthly coup d'état.

Are you okay?
I know the guy on the left in your avatar :lol:

Socrates
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Socrates » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

A community is hard to mentain lol. Took me like 40m and half my time to keep Carson running for a couple of months, and it wasn't what I expected. People rarely get involved in communities because it's only about character development, without any benefits.

<mikethemike> stick to people you trust

Saint Michael
Wise Guy
Ingame name: Scarfo

Post by Saint Michael » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:42 am

Coming from someone who is black IRL, the black prison gangs on here are always trash because honestly a lot of you RPing black characters don't even understand how black people act IRL. Everyone wants to RP their character being like O Dogg from Menace II Society and basically a lot of the shit tier RPers on this server just so happen to RP as black people. It kind of pisses me off as a black person because it makes me think that the majority of you just think that black people are stupid IRL and all act like idiots. Why every moron who joins the server decides to make their name something retarded like Judah Omega (literally saw the guy today IG) and "talk like dis without formin any moe kinda speech patterns but dis" is beyond me. The black gangs in California are actually some of the most organized and structured forms of black criminal organizations in the country which correlates directly to their presence in California state prisons. But on LSRP you have some level 1 guy from Bulgaria who just watched Get Rich or Die Tryin non RPing fear because he says his character looks like 50 Cent. That's all it comes down to. Level 1 people saying "Ghea" and trying to fight 3 people at once in SACF. It's also why so many people are so racist ICly even though IRL these days many people wouldn't be openly racist.
Dos Santos wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm
Kipps wrote:

Are you okay?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boss Deem
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Boss Deem » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Socrates wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am
A community is hard to mentain lol. Took me like 40m and half my time to keep Carson running for a couple of months, and it wasn't what I expected. People rarely get involved in communities because it's only about character development, without any benefits.
I feel like communites are pulled off on a smaller scale such as gang neighborhoods. Each (good) faction has a good community vibe in their own neighborhood.

Triple Oh Gee

Post by Triple Oh Gee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 am

Black Disciples and Gangsters Disciples, mainly because people don't know how to portray them right or they get backlash for making one. Other then that I gotta say uh... Modern day crip factions, everyone thinks it's just about saying "On Crips" " On the dead homies" "Loc" "Cuzz" "Cous" and its far more then that. Crips, are grimy and ruthless, this doesn't mean you walk around robbing everything you got, but crips are usually tough this is why piru/bloods were created to go against them. I haven't seen a good crip faction in months or in years.

Squatch
Ultras
Ultras
Ingame name: Big Dave

Post by Squatch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:25 am

Every faction is hard to pull off correctly, or at least approximately accurately.

But if you want to point the faction type, I'd say a proper functional Cartel that actually has power wide-out on server, and is able to do many things such as monopoly, extortion, kiddnaps, plugging people with large sum of drugs wide out on server, proper roleplay around weapons and such.
People tend to only roleplay a few things that are offered to them in certain factions. You don't have to be all time on the corner when gangbanging, or posted at your block at all (constantly be with your freeway when portraying biker char, constantly be on duty as police officer, etc). People forget proper development of their charachter /INSIDE/ the /FACTION/, and their own character development. Nowadays everybody is capable of putting up good /me's and screenshot it, but I hardly see good following roleplay of one's character development.

I'd like to see one really accurate Balkan in general gang (wether its Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Albanian) not mafia but gang.

Return to “General Discussions”