Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Drastic downfall in RP level [The solution, not the whining]

Post by Donald_Scarpa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 am

VaudeVillian wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:14 am
Donald_Scarpa wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 am
Everything ezkNYNE mentioned is exactly on point and should be taken into consideration. Although, there's only one previous staff member I know that actually got removed for being corrupt and biased. It took a while because even when the evidence was there bright as day, their position was elevated even more as Head of Factions (Jesus Christ). But still, 9/10 I doubt staff members face any kind of punishment for any wrongdoings, whether making a bad decision on a report, or issuing out the ban hammer like it's nothing.

I hate to say this but how can you agree with him when one of his key points was that the players are too toxic to factions they don’t like. When you are one of those people who are very toxic to other factions
Let’s get something straight here; I don’t even know you nor do you really know me. Anything that’s ever been mentioned about any other faction from me was out of my own defense. I’ve never gone out of my way to humiliate or insult a faction that didn’t already have it coming, whether it was publically or behind closed doors. There’s a difference between having an opinion and just being outright insulting for little to no reason, or in your defense, “toxic”. Since we’re on the subject of being “toxic to other factions” and I ironically happen to be an example in your eyes, I insist that you do elaborate on that, because I’m very curious to see what you have to bring to the table that amplifies your statement towards me. If anything you have to say involves using the term “elitist” then don’t even bother responding.

VaudeVillian
Wise Guy
Ingame name: YANDHI

Post by VaudeVillian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 am

Donald_Scarpa wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 am
VaudeVillian wrote:
Donald_Scarpa wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 am
Everything ezkNYNE mentioned is exactly on point and should be taken into consideration. Although, there's only one previous staff member I know that actually got removed for being corrupt and biased. It took a while because even when the evidence was there bright as day, their position was elevated even more as Head of Factions (Jesus Christ). But still, 9/10 I doubt staff members face any kind of punishment for any wrongdoings, whether making a bad decision on a report, or issuing out the ban hammer like it's nothing.

I hate to say this but how can you agree with him when one of his key points was that the players are too toxic to factions they don’t like. When you are one of those people who are very toxic to other factions
Let’s get something straight here; I don’t even know you nor do you really know me. Anything that’s ever been mentioned about any other faction from me was out of my own defense. I’ve never gone out of my way to humiliate or insult a faction that didn’t already have it coming, whether it was publically or behind closed doors. There’s a difference between having an opinion and just being outright insulting for little to no reason, or in your defense, “toxic”. Since we’re on the subject of being “toxic to other factions” and I ironically happen to be an example in your eyes, I insist that you do elaborate on that, because I’m very curious to see what you have to bring to the table that amplifies your statement towards me. If anything you have to say involves using the term “elitist” then don’t even bother responding.

I’m not looking to get into some big argument, but I do want to say as someone who is new into LCN, I respect the hell out of what you’ve done and constantly look at your rp seeing how I can better mine. So I think the opinion around you and D’Aquila of being /ELITIST/ is dumb.

But I have seen you go out of your way at times to attack certain factions in various threads mainly being Bellomo. Now I won’t act like Bellomo was some amazing faction and their leader wasn’t a nut but still they could’ve been. left alone. I will admit quoting your “Real LSCF” was extremely immature on my part aswell
Sonny's Sunshine
The Barreca Crime Family

I Hate Being Bipolar it's Awesome

Jean_Myers
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jean_Myers » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:50 am

-

Donald_Scarpa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Donald_Scarpa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 am

Spoiler: show
VaudeVillian wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 am
Donald_Scarpa wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 am
VaudeVillian wrote:

I’m not looking to get into some big argument, but I do want to say as someone who is new into LCN, I respect the hell out of what you’ve done and constantly look at your rp seeing how I can better mine. So I think the opinion around you and D’Aquila of being /ELITIST/ is dumb.

But I have seen you go out of your way at times to attack certain factions in various threads mainly being Bellomo. Now I won’t act like Bellomo was some amazing faction and their leader wasn’t a nut but still they could’ve been. left alone. I will admit quoting your “Real LSCF” was extremely immature on my part aswell
That’s great and all but let’s also clarify another point; that was 2014-2015. Not only that, the situation revolving around that feud was none other than a vengeful plot by the faction leader to purposely shun D’Aquila because most of the members in D’Aquila started out in Valenti, a faction where the leader was killed in and held on to such a grudge. To hold emotional trauma on someone like Nicholas_Diopare/Lino D’Aquila for killing a character in a faction like Valenti years ago and then manipulating audiences and members to victimize himself to his advantage was ridiculous and a huge shitfest. Even past members who may or may not still be around would agree to that. In addition, I’ve never even posted on their thread. My word doesn’t even accumulate to 85% of the server’s word when it came down to the population publically dishing out insults and even going out their way to DM and make funny videos about. If anything, I’ve never done anything remotely close to that.

I don’t know what you’re referring to as far as other people’s threads either. But I’ll happily clarify any baseless claims you want to make.

Martin_Busato
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Martin_Busato » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 am

First off, I do believe that the current Management has done a number of positive things to help foster realistic role-play, but unfortunately the lack of proper direction during Damian's reign caused a lot of harm to the server in more ways than one and it will require total buy-in from the entire community to reverse these actions. I realize that Damian is long gone and there are definitely things that could have been done to minimize his long-term negative impact, but the fact of the matter is that he turned a good thing upside down and set LSRP on a steady decline.

This may be a minority opinion, but I strongly believe role-play standards peaked in 2012. At that time, if Damian had played his cards right he could have had the following factions leading the way as official factions: Valenti, Wilcox, eMe, Peckerwood, and Al-Hamah. The thing is, he was of the belief that descripting old factions to make room for new ones was healthy for the server. That was the logic he stood by, though looking back it is more likely it was just a disguise to cover up him picking favorites. The second Fuse (someone Damian had an OOC feud with) became boss of Valenti, we were descripted. Valenti at that time had just gotten out of a rut we had been stuck in for quite some time and things were looking up, but it didn't matter because Damian was extremely corrupt.

The description of Valenti opened the floodgates for the tirade against "elitists" that Damian would ensue in the following years. Valenti was descripted without a suitable replacement in the LCN scene and were replaced by Al-Hamah, a faction undoubtedly stocked with quality role-players but also notorious for their scripted role-play and screenshot oriented mindset. This swap out was absolutely detrimental to the server and its impact lasted years.

Damian became so hyper-focused on this self-created war against the elitists that he completely misread what the players wanted and started turning the server into more of an RPG than a role-play server. The fact of the matter is that LSRP has always boasted the most talented, realism-focused community of role-players there is, and what Damian was going for was completely out of line with what most players wanted.

I know his method of constantly bringing official factions in and out remained years after he left and I sincerely hope this still isn't the case today. Allowing official factions to stay at the top brings continuity and with that another aspect of realism to Los Santos' underworld. Back in the day there were so many legendary characters because factions like Valenti, Locotes, Murdaville, Kilo Block, etc. were allowed to stay at the top for so long.

In saying all this I'm not saying factions should never be descripted; I'm saying there should not be OOC motives to uproot official factions. Don't hand the status out like it's nothing and pick worthy factions to set the bar for the rest of the server. If the Detective Bureau decides IC to shutdown a faction that's one thing, but Admin interference except for in extreme cases can be very harmful.

The mishandling of official factions, in my mind, is at the forefront of the decline of RP standards. There is simply a lack of role models to properly construct a cast of legendary factions like we had years ago, because all/most of the role models got fed up with the incompetence shown by staff and decided LSRP was no longer worth their time. At this point, most of these people have too many real life commitments to attend to and couldn't even commit to playing LSRP if they wanted to, but the truth is that they were scared off prematurely before they could fully groom the next wave of leaders on LSRP. The people I view as role models have been gone for the most part since 2013, and the people who replaced them were heavily flawed which had a trickle down effect on the entire player-base. The turnover in role models turned LSRP from a role-play server into a screenshot competition.

On the bright side, however, there are a number of things that can be done to get LSRP trending in the right direction again.

1. The handling of official factions needs to improve. I alluded to this in more detail above so won't get into this any further.

2. Management needs to continue to improve the script with the goal of creating role-play opportunities and enhancing realism. New players need to be given more of an opportunity to obtain property similarly to how business leasing gave more players an opportunity to run a business. Suggestions from the past need to be relooked.

3. Experienced role-players need to mentor and set a good example for the new generation. On the other side of the spectrum, the new generation needs to be willing to learn and be receptive to the help they are being offered.

4. Everyone needs to follow the rules and treat each other with respect. This includes admins and players alike. No one person here is more important than anyone else.

5. There needs to be a crackdown against trolls and the widespread robbery spree that has plagued the server. Conversely, players that have served lengthy bans from the server should be given an opportunity to prove themselves as contributors to the server.

6. Everyone needs to remember that we are here to have fun. Play the game how it's supposed to be played and focus on your role-play. LSRP is not a screenshot competition.

If everyone plays their part in doing all of the above, LSRP will become more enjoyable and role-play levels will rise.
`con rispetto

AdamK
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by AdamK » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Martin_Busato wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 am

2. Management needs to continue to improve the script
This is all I really want to see right now. I feel like we get really minor fixes every few months instead of giving us new shit. Not sure if something is happening with the management team or not but I find myself getting bored with what we're left with currently.

Arthur
Gringo Loco
Gringo Loco

Post by Arthur » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:07 pm

ezkNYNE wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:34 pm
Drastic loss of interest from the players.
Terrible staff management and OOC bias for factions whenever reporting them.
As the RP level progresses through the years, the standards, are much stronger and is more limited against new players.
Players in general have, perhaps, the worst attitude ever seen in a RP community. (I'm part of a good amount of RP communities and none of them are this disrespectful to each other)
The economy is dog shit, making new players just quit because of how demotivational it is to get some money to actually buy a god damn house or an apartment.
PF license.

It's obvious there'd be a drastic downfall if no one does jack shit about facing those issues.

I remember watching all of ezkNYNE's screenshots back in my noobie days and I took alot of inspirations from him. The staff should consider these type of solid players opinion and take them in count, because guys like him are actually the main reason the roleplay standards and the creativity raised within the community.

And it's true that LS:RP community is filled with internet bullies, there's alot of frustated people in here and sadly there's nothing to do for these guys in my opinion, respect comes with education and maturity. And alot of players here lack of these 3. Another thing is... People need to stop copying their character's attitude to become the same close minded and grumpy person OOCly... :lol:

I also feel like factions became way to strict. Just like ezkNYNE said. I've been accepted in the Locotes community back when I was a straight up noob with no english skills at all. Official members of the Locotes would let me RP with them and always used to help me with language tips, or replying to my screenshots with encouraging messages and things like that. Same goes with another official faction, Fiumano Crime Family who litterally introduced me to Mafia RP when I had absolutly no knowledge at all and accepted to teach me alot. Even as a noobie associate with poor english skills and absolutly no OOC friendship with anyone within the faction they'd still take me through different type of RP situations, to make me learn and it really felt incredibly good to take part in this and to be accepted and not placed aside. It made all my first LSRP experiences awesome and this is probably one of the reasons why I'm still here after all these years.

And it's exactly what I am trying to do with my faction, welcoming any player even someone who just joined LS:RP with no RP skills at all, teaching and giving them tips about RPing, helping each others when it comes to english, or the basics for screenshots editing... I always worked this way and I always will, even though some players likes to bash or mock me, my faction or my members through PM's, disturbing our RP in-game for no legit reasons (Not gonna drop names, they know who they are), Well I'll keep being a positive player and accepts those who are pointed and mocked while no one actually give them a hand willing to help, no matter what criticisms we'll continue to receive... :wink:

I think we really should all work on our OOC attitude towards eachothers, this is going to be the beginning of progression, for the sake of this community.

Sonny-G
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Anthony Caracciolo

Post by Sonny-G » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Arthur wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:07 pm
ezkNYNE wrote:
As the RP level progresses through the years, the standards, are much stronger and is more limited against new players.
Players in general have, perhaps, the worst attitude ever seen in a RP community. (I'm part of a good amount of RP communities and none of them are this disrespectful to each other)
The economy is dog shit, making new players just quit because of how demotivational it is to get some money to actually buy a god damn house or an apartment.
PF license.

It's obvious there'd be a drastic downfall if no one does jack shit about facing those issues.

I remember watching all of ezkNYNE's screenshots back in my noobie days and I took alot of inspirations from him. The staff should consider these type of solid players opinion and take them in count, because guys like him are actually the main reason the roleplay standards and the creativity raised within the community.

And it's true that LS:RP community is filled with internet bullies, there's alot of frustated people in here and sadly there's nothing to do for these guys in my opinion, respect comes with education and maturity. And alot of players here lack of these 3. Another thing is... People need to stop copying their character's attitude to become the same close minded and grumpy person OOCly... :lol:

I also feel like factions became way to strict. Just like ezkNYNE said. I've been accepted in the Locotes community back when I was a straight up noob with no english skills at all. Official members of the Locotes would let me RP with them and always used to help me with language tips, or replying to my screenshots with encouraging messages and things like that. Same goes with another official faction, Fiumano Crime Family who litterally introduced me to Mafia RP when I had absolutly no knowledge at all and accepted to teach me alot. Even as a noobie associate with poor english skills and absolutly no OOC friendship with anyone within the faction they'd still take me through different type of RP situations, to make me learn and it really felt incredibly good to take part in this and to be accepted and not placed aside. It made all my first LSRP experiences awesome and this is probably one of the reasons why I'm still here after all these years.

And it's exactly what I am trying to do with my faction, welcoming any player even someone who just joined LS:RP with no RP skills at all, teaching and giving them tips about RPing, helping each others when it comes to english, or the basics for screenshots editing... I always worked this way and I always will, even though some players likes to bash or mock me, my faction or my members through PM's, disturbing our RP in-game for no legit reasons (Not gonna drop names, they know who they are), Well I'll keep being a positive player and accepts those who are pointed and mocked while no one actually give them a hand willing to help, no matter what criticisms we'll continue to receive... :wink:

I think we really should all work on our OOC attitude towards eachothers, this is going to be the beginning of progression, for the sake of this community.
^ The difference between a leader and a boss.

We need more leaders at the head of factions and less bosses.

Also for those blaming management mainly, I'm not taking their side but what have you done for the server before asking what the server has done for you.

Evil Roots
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Evil Roots » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:25 am

Sonny-G wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm
Arthur wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:07 pm
ezkNYNE wrote:
PF license.

^ The difference between a leader and a boss.

We need more leaders at the head of factions and less bosses.

Also for those blaming management mainly, I'm not taking their side but what have you done for the server before asking what the server has done for you.
The reason this is a thing is because nowadays people have been playing so long, and factions want to reach the official status. That is mostly every faction's goal. If members of the community see your thread spammed with screenshots of people who do not know how to roleplay, or are not skilled in the english language, you will continue to attract that type of person to your faction. It's a lot of work to try and teach one person, let alone 5-10 when you're just trying to role play and have fun.

Raymond_Ward
Members Only

Post by Raymond_Ward » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Evil Roots wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:25 am
If members of the community see your thread spammed with screenshots of people who do not know how to roleplay, or are not skilled in the english language, you will continue to attract that type of person to your faction. It's a lot of work to try and teach one person, let alone 5-10 when you're just trying to role play and have fun.
That's why you put screenshot permission requirements in place lol.
insignificant wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 pm
ure a hypocrite and an elitist

no one should take u seriously lol

Evil Roots
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Evil Roots » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Raymond_Ward wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 pm
That's why you put screenshot permission requirements in place lol.
Unless you completely cut those people from your screenshots, it's still going to be noticeable in good screenshots that there is a group of people with you who do not understand the language enough or can't roleplay at a decent level.

Dan beaver
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Criminal ESWFTHLS

Post by Dan beaver » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Evil Roots wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 pm
Unless you completely cut those people from your screenshots, it's still going to be noticeable in good screenshots that there is a group of people with you who do not understand the language enough or can't roleplay at a decent level.
If I was running a faction I wouldn't cut anyone from any screenshot, regardless of what level of roleplay skill they are at. Factions want to present themselves the best they can with their screenshots, but there has to be some factions where the screenshots aren't as aesthetically pleasing, or the English isn't the best and so on. I think these factions shouldn't be deterred from letting people of all skill levels post screenshots, but instead encourage them to post and learn as they go. And if someone wants to come along and make jokes about someone's screenshots or their English (I've done this for years and am not proud of it), just ignore them and keep having fun.

Raymond_Ward
Members Only

Post by Raymond_Ward » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:32 pm

It's not so much about making fun of people, it's more about keeping shit relevant. 9 times out of 10 a bad roleplayer will post completely irrelevant screenshots, with little to no context and contribute little to the faction.

There's a screenshots & videos section for a reason.
insignificant wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:14 pm
ure a hypocrite and an elitist

no one should take u seriously lol

Sonny-G
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Anthony Caracciolo

Post by Sonny-G » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Raymond_Ward wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:32 pm
It's not so much about making fun of people, it's more about keeping shit relevant. 9 times out of 10 a bad roleplayer will post completely irrelevant screenshots, with little to no context and contribute little to the faction.

There's a screenshots & videos section for a reason.
With all due respect, that's actually petty coming from a tester. I mean there are good, average and bad students in a classroom but a good teacher never takes sides.

To answer your statement, little or no context yet the low-skilled player still made the effort to take the screens, edit them and then upload them on the thread and for me that's the biggest proof of being ready to learn and showing dedication to the faction's RP. I prefer that to someone who would log in once a week,post one in-context screen with perfect grammar once in a while only when the leadership asks him 100 times to do so on discord.

Murdaville used to school me and my fellow noobs back in the day (2010/2011) . We had no knowledge of the slang, below average RP skills and a trigger happy attitude. They were running at more than 60-70 members constantly and had no need for numbers
Yet, they allowed us to post on the thread cuz we were dedicated and they knew that it was temporary. A month later, our english developped, we got our regular drug re-ups, received our own corner and even started a rap records label. Did Murdaville lose its notoriety due to that? No. Did they lose their official status because of us? Nope.

When I started this thread, I wasnt fond of the elitist vs noob theory (as I came back from a 5 year inactivity when I did) and didnt really see the impact of it. Now that I have went through the different opinions, I can really picture what the LS RP culture has come down to.

Dont blame the admins, nor the staff... the problem is way deeper and lies into the playerbase itself.

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Sonny-G wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm
Dont blame the admins, nor the staff... the problem is way deeper and lies into the playerbase itself.
The issue comes from both the administration and the player base. RP standards and strictness went up, meaning that patience for new players would be too thin. LS:RP is a whole ego-trip, plenty will just make fun of you because you don't meet their standards. The administration is at fault for not strictly punishing those that fall into the ego-trip, those that bully you down and make you just want to quit for how awful things can get. A pity warning is not enough, really. There's multiple posts everywhere of people getting warned left and right, but nothing is really fixed from there. I mean, how many times were there posts of people exposing testers for declining a new player's application, with an absolutely absurd reason or an extremely strict attitude? Many times. New players are needed. You can't have a population without new players coming in.

Forums-wise, there are people with multiple accounts, new accounts, just to shit-talk around faction threads. I don't think they get warned on their original account for such things.

However, some admins are really cool people, but the bad apples are too noticeable for how controversial they can be. An ex-faction management lead used to be tight with a faction long time ago, meaning that every report we would do, would be denied. It paints an extremely gruesome picture of the staff in general, and now it's even worse with how the situation in LS:RP is growing to be... rather stale or depressing.

Factions should be extremely appreciated for showing loyalty and put effort on LS:RP. Every unofficial and official faction are lovely to see because it gives activity to the server. However, the bias for the staff running factions is way too extreme and too obvious. I have been here since 2008, and as I said before, if you have an administrator or a couple testers in your faction, it's a golden ticket to official status. It's not a joke. It's not ridiculous. It's a spit to your face if you're running a faction for so long.

I grew in this place, I learnt this language in this place, and seeing things being this way just kicks me in the gut. There are a ton of faction threads, showing that fun is there to be had, but the general picture is nothing but a sad ending.
I was extremely upset a couple years ago when that one DJ event happened, because, all of their efforts go into nothing but a mapping/scripted spot that will last about a week and disappear afterward. A lot of potential goes there, a lot of time also. It's as if the staff isn't really addressing the issues, especially the economy.
основа

Return to “General Discussions”