Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Hater.
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: Makayla Shaw

Re: Visual Effects For Drugs

Post by Hater. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:02 pm

The visual effects aren't needed, many down sides and little to no gain from it.

If you'd suggest something like an in game addiction system where instead of losing health and getting those weird visual effects you'd get information about your addiction and tools which would help you roleplay its effect or something like that... But than again, every man reacts in a diffrent way to drug use so there's also that.

heroin warrior
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by heroin warrior » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:27 pm

could be cool as an option u can turn on and off through a command

GURKHA
Mafia
Mafia

Post by GURKHA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:19 am

Raymond_Ward wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:29 pm
No.

papabiceps
Mafia
Mafia

Post by papabiceps » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:21 pm

I think the visual effects ans all that should be really minimal in that case and has short time period of being under the purple screens if so - minute or two for example.
Also, it shouldnt repeat itself on random period but should be just one time thing after using illegal substance.

Ghandour
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: George

Post by Ghandour » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm

I've seriously never heard of anyone who did drugs in-game because of the visual effects, the only thing I ever heard about was how annoying it was. I even started not doing the drugs scriptly and just roleplayed it instead since the effects were so buggy. The argument with "just force crash" is terrible, it would simply ruin the scene.

#Reed
Ingame name: Looney

Post by #Reed » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Using drugs definetely needs a down side, it's not very well balanced if you use drug A and get health benefits or whatever the plus is, without losing out on something.

Having health drop after a while is something we need as a nerf, but visual effects is a big no for a lot of people.

Ghandour
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: George

Post by Ghandour » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:28 pm

#Reed wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:12 pm
Using drugs definetely needs a down side, it's not very well balanced if you use drug A and get health benefits or whatever the plus is, without losing out on something.

Having health drop after a while is something we need as a nerf, but visual effects is a big no for a lot of people.
I just had a pretty funny idea (at least I think it is), we could have hunger drop a bunch when you use marijuana in-game so you'd have to eat more to stop your health from decreasing.

Also, I completely agree that drugs like heroin and meth should make your health decrease with no positive effects.

Chicken Bargain
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jevonte Glover

Post by Chicken Bargain » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 am

Always loved the drug effects even if it meant bugging out and having to relog every 20 minutes. Made it fun to actually RP.
I drink and I know things

S T A C K S
#TRAP-GOD!
#TRAP-GOD!
Ingame name: DJ RISKY

Post by S T A C K S » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Hater. wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:02 pm
The visual effects aren't needed, many down sides and little to no gain from it.

If you'd suggest something like an in game addiction system where instead of losing health and getting those weird visual effects you'd get information about your addiction and tools which would help you roleplay its effect or something like that... But than again, every man reacts in a diffrent way to drug use so there's also that.
Sounds Great!

Alejandro.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Your average redneck

Post by Alejandro. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:26 am

Ghandour wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:28 pm

I just had a pretty funny idea (at least I think it is), we could have hunger drop a bunch when you use marijuana in-game so you'd have to eat more to stop your health from decreasing.

Also, I completely agree that drugs like heroin and meth should make your health decrease with no positive effects.
If heroin and meth make your health decrease, then nobody will see a point in buying them, we'd get back to the only weed and coke being sold in the streets
The admiral.

knppel
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Carry Saunders

Post by knppel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Ghandour wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm
I've seriously never heard of anyone who did drugs in-game because of the visual effects, the only thing I ever heard about was how annoying it was. I even started not doing the drugs scriptly and just roleplayed it instead since the effects were so buggy. The argument with "just force crash" is terrible, it would simply ruin the scene.
Clarifier, if I got the old drug script correct when I joined, these were designed as downside to your drug consume for most drugs, to prevent everyone just having 200 hp from coke like we do now and not suffer any bit of drawback from this unhealthy behaviour.

Return to “General Discussions”