2009-2012 Era of LS-RP

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

RastaStar
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: David_McDougal

Re: 2009-2012 Era of LS-RP

Post by RastaStar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:22 pm

I joined in 2014 and still haven't manged to buy one single illegal gun :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

RastaStar
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: David_McDougal

Post by RastaStar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Bashkirov wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 pm

In my opinion, 2013-2015 LS:RP was the best time for new players and the player base overall. Here is why I think so:

I've tried to join LS:RP multiple times in 2011-2012 and ended up getting denied. However, I still had the server on my drop down list in the SA:MP client. From what I seen, the server had around 280 players or so the most. I finally got accepted on the start summer of 2013 and got a warm welcome from the Airport. As soon as I joined, I was recruited into a faction. As funny and unrealistic as it sounds, that approach is probably the reason why I stayed, I felt welcomed. I think the problem today and why you see a rapid decline in the player base is because the new players don't feel welcomed. It's not that older players "quit", the newer players literately quit after joining because the welcoming culture got ruined. Newer players then complain on the forums that "there is nothing to do" and then get attacked by a biased system of elitism.

I don't think there was such a thing of "older players", people were already quitting LS:RP as older players during 2013-2015 and was rapidly replaced by newer players who stayed because of the welcoming culture. To reach a peak of 600/600 is a massive improvement to what I met the game on. The staff team at that time did an impressive job of keeping the welcoming culture.

Now, I've tried bringing friends on this server a year ago, matter fact-three females just to get the server male/female ratio up and they quit within three weeks due to the unwelcoming culture. There is some fact in this and a lot of false conspiracies behind it to justify the decline which is why a lot of people are missing the bigger picture. Yes, role play has improved in a realistic way but come on... This is a GAME. It's too much typing and less action. The rate this is going, we might as well role play guns. /do Did the bullet hit? headass
You nailed it.
Also I just remembered this so #edit

dzgapaan wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 pm
Well I am in SAMP since 2010, but started playing LS-RP in 2012.

2012 - 2013
1) Gangs were cool
2) MC's were okay, but they lacked some realism
3) Mafias were way more old stylish (excluding Valenti's new versions), but their standard was fine in a lot of factions.
4) LSPD/SASD/SADOC were okay as well, they were factions that consisted of trigger happy people and good role-players.
5) LSFD was popular back then, but they were not very organized.
6) Los Santos Government was horribly unorganized.
7) DOJ did not exist
8 ) Legal civilian role-play was not very developed, but there were some attempts of it such as LaFosse
9) Playerbase was increasing

2014 - 2015
1) Good gangs started closing down only few were left, people started opening DM squads.
2) MC's developed a lot, they were more popular and organized, they had better role-playing skills.
3) Mafias were way more organized and portrayed modern groups realistically, also they started creating more diversity in OCG world.
4) LSPD/SASD/SADOC also started developing, adding many sub-departments and so on and on.
5) Los Santos Government started organizing himself, created better bureaus and so on.
6) LSFD started becoming more organized, created new sub-divisions , became stricter.
7) Server opened the DOJ.
8 ) Legal civilian role-play started developing , were opened Roux and BION.
9) started noticeable inflation
10) Playerbase was increasing.

2016-2017
1) Gangs are DM squads, their standards fell.
2) We don't have cool MC's as early.
3) Mafias are better, basically OCG RP is on top notch quality.
4) LSPD/SASD/SADOC has improved a bit as factions, but I feel like their standards fell when we speak about role-play level.
5) LSFD has became like two in one , they strongly separated FD and Hospital side. We have like two different factions in one faction, but its memberbase was not ready for this change which caused inactivity. Not sure about their standards.
6) Los Santos Government has became inactive, but their standards are same If not improving.
7) DOJ is okay, but not as active as it should be.
8 ) Legal civilian role-play has died after BION's and Roux's shut down.
9) Role-play level on the server is generally low compared to old times.
10) Horrible inflation
11) Playerbase is decreasing.

2018 - 2019
1) Gangs suck;
2) Mafias manage to maintain their role-play level;
3) SADOC seems to be dead;
4) Government is dead;
5) SASD/LSPD maintain their role-play level;
6) Not sure about DoJ. I am sure their role-play would have died as well;
7) LSFD hospital side is dead, pre-hospital side tries to tickle, but they seem to be paralized.
8 ) Legal civilian role-play is still dead;
10) I think MC's are dead. There's one active faction, I guess? I am not sure, but they don't seem to be kicking bells as in 2014 - 2015;
9) Inflation still has a horrible impact on the server;
11) Role-play level is same as it was in 2016 - 2017;
12) Playerbase keeps decreasing;
13) Staff is better. They have more communication with the community than before.
2019 ( in my opinion)
1) Gangs like S/C Ganton Boulevard Families, 516 are upping their RP and there are more
2) Mafias are extremely swell, just look at the Los Santos Crime Family
3) SADOC renamed and upped their RP and is active-ish, hell 6 online is more than good for them
4) Government is inactive since that extremely ugly change in 2017 which killed DSS and the RP but they seem to maintain active through the Licensing division
5) LSSD/LSPD is top notch today, they have upped the RP level and are offering a lot of RP possibilities
6) Idk about DOJ either but I saw a court case in 2018
7) LSFD no comment, I literally got nothing on them
8 ) Civillian rp is very well, Globex and IHS Security is more than providing
9) MC's went a bit down hill since the White Knights but the Vagos MC came back and keep it tight.
10) Inflation is still here but hey...so there is inflation IRL
11) The RP level is more than high nowadays, especially in legal factions.
12) Not true, saw 500 players last week
13) Staff is really well on their feet and providing us with updates every now and then.

Hopefully I cleared some things up and motivated some of ya's, legal rp ain't dead and so isn't gang rp, give it a try, it's going really well in my opinion anyways.

Arthur
Gringo Loco
Gringo Loco

Post by Arthur » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Alejandro. wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:34 am
FamousCEO wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:20 am
An RPG? You can't get that nowadays.
Imagine if we did...

Aaaah the good old time :lol: :lol:

Marvin_Redman
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Marvin_Redman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:09 pm

lilyaya wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am
I remember in 2014 deagles were 15k xD
now niggas sellin for 100k+ hahahaha
if ur getting ur shit for 100k you're either getting ripped off or stupid it's not that hard to find someone who's selling guns for around 10-20k if you stopped hanging out in idlewood and market

and i don't mean that to be some weird e-dick humble brag people always complain about how expensive guns were/are/are going to be but they only deal with mall rats and random shitters in idlewood/market/the mall/valentine's hotel and then they wonder why that guy who bought a gun from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy costs 100,000
PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1

silenz
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by silenz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 pm

Mike_Elefe wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:14 pm

I think Diablo Fortuna was around 09, those names didn't come up till later on. In 07 we were deep into latino roleplay as the main crew were all latinos.
It was mad funny when all of Argentina was banned because of DDoSers.

P.S. ganjubas / drizzy / raggamuffin here. Been ban evading on and off since like 2014 'cause I couldn't be arsed appealing DamianC's old-ass ban lol. Nothing long-term though, just lurking.
ganjubas • raggamuffin • drizzy
how come yall aint ban me yet?

silenz
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by silenz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Arthur wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm
Alejandro. wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:34 am
FamousCEO wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:20 am
An RPG? You can't get that nowadays.
Imagine if we did...

Aaaah the good old time :lol: :lol:

Also LOL this was beautiful. Murdaville on that Frank White shit.
ganjubas • raggamuffin • drizzy
how come yall aint ban me yet?

pimpin hoes
Gangster
Gangster

Post by pimpin hoes » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Marvin_Redman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:09 pm
lilyaya wrote:
if ur getting ur shit for 100k you're either getting ripped off or stupid it's not that hard to find someone who's selling guns for around 10-20k if you stopped hanging out in idlewood and market

and i don't mean that to be some weird e-dick humble brag people always complain about how expensive guns were/are/are going to be but they only deal with mall rats and random shitters in idlewood/market/the mall/valentine's hotel and then they wonder why that guy who bought a gun from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy costs 100,000
well, it's actually funny to read your comment... i stopped playing lsrp back in 2011, came back a few weeks ago and i'll tell you. what you just said falls under why new players don't stay on the server. if it was my 2011 version nowadays with no english skills whatsoever the only places i would roleplay around would be those places you mentioned, why? because there nobody will really "avoid" you for being a bad roleplayer or whatever.
let's be honest here, nobody from any of these official factions will sell a gun to a new player for the simple fact that the new player doesn't have skills, it's that simple. but the new player wants to have fun like all of us, right? he'll most likely spend all the money he made, probably fishing or whatever on a pistol, he bought that pistol in idlewood and paid 100k for it, why? because it's the only place where he would manage to get one.
it's the only place where people wouldn't tell him to fuck off, you see where i'm tryna get?
the new player will make everything possible in this fucking world to avoid losing that pistol he just spent all his money on. with that being said, he'l l powergame, he'll /q to avoid whatever, he'll metagame.... whatever the fuck he can do he will do.
with all of that being said, the new player will start breaking all those rules because that's what he learned while playing here. he'll eventually get banned for breaking a rule, maybe having a long ass admin record and whatever, that player will not come back, it's that simple.
would you help this new player if he came at you? would you teach him something? help him out?
of course you wouldn't, but yet, you'll still complain when the playerbase hits rock bottom.

Consistency
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Aaron_Rogers

Post by Consistency » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

pimpin hoes wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:44 pm
Marvin_Redman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:09 pm
lilyaya wrote:

well, it's actually funny to read your comment... i stopped playing lsrp back in 2011, came back a few weeks ago and i'll tell you. what you just said falls under why new players don't stay on the server. if it was my 2011 version nowadays with no english skills whatsoever the only places i would roleplay around would be those places you mentioned, why? because there nobody will really "avoid" you for being a bad roleplayer or whatever.
let's be honest here, nobody from any of these official factions will sell a gun to a new player for the simple fact that the new player doesn't have skills, it's that simple. but the new player wants to have fun like all of us, right? he'll most likely spend all the money he made, probably fishing or whatever on a pistol, he bought that pistol in idlewood and paid 100k for it, why? because it's the only place where he would manage to get one.
it's the only place where people wouldn't tell him to fuck off, you see where i'm tryna get?
the new player will make everything possible in this fucking world to avoid losing that pistol he just spent all his money on. with that being said, he'l l powergame, he'll /q to avoid whatever, he'll metagame.... whatever the fuck he can do he will do.
with all of that being said, the new player will start breaking all those rules because that's what he learned while playing here. he'll eventually get banned for breaking a rule, maybe having a long ass admin record and whatever, that player will not come back, it's that simple.
would you help this new player if he came at you? would you teach him something? help him out?
of course you wouldn't, but yet, you'll still complain when the playerbase hits rock bottom.
As mentioned. I don't think so much about new players being introduced or having a good experience. the main reason for the playerbase issue is old players leaving the server due to frustration or other things that influence their game experience. Sure I agree with helping out new players however: no one really does it because it will cause you to potentially have a disadvantage or give something to someone for free. Therefore I think we should focus more on players like you who haven't touched LS-RP for 1 or 2 + years and want to come back.

pimpin hoes
Gangster
Gangster

Post by pimpin hoes » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:31 pm

.Cooper wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

As mentioned. I don't think so much about new players being introduced or having a good experience. the main reason for the playerbase issue is old players leaving the server due to frustration or other things that influence their game experience.
that's why i understand this server will not survive the next years, because everyone in the community is just like you, nobody cares about new players, nobody's even willing to help them out (a few cool guys are but you can count them on one hand)
old players leaving constantly for whatever reason
new players not staying because the server doesn't welcome them at all
that pretty much sums everything up. i don't blame you for not wanting to help them, it's not your obligation...

people got way too snob over this old ass game, forgetting that we all used to be a new player back in the days.

and no sir, the main issue is not old players leaving, the main issue is that back then when someone left the server there were three new players to replace the one that just left, this doesn't happen anymore because being a new player back then and being a new player now is completely different.

Consistency
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Aaron_Rogers

Post by Consistency » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:56 pm

pimpin hoes wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:31 pm
.Cooper wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

As mentioned. I don't think so much about new players being introduced or having a good experience. the main reason for the playerbase issue is old players leaving the server due to frustration or other things that influence their game experience.
that's why i understand this server will not survive the next years, because everyone in the community is just like you, nobody cares about new players, nobody's even willing to help them out (a few cool guys are but you can count them on one hand)
old players leaving constantly for whatever reason
new players not staying because the server doesn't welcome them at all
that pretty much sums everything up. i don't blame you for not wanting to help them, it's not your obligation...

people got way too snob over this old ass game, forgetting that we all used to be a new player back in the days.

and no sir, the main issue is not old players leaving, the main issue is that back then when someone left the server there were three new players to replace the one that just left, this doesn't happen anymore because being a new player back then and being a new player now is completely different.
Okay I can see where you're coming from but what exactly has changed in being a new player then vs being a new player now?
Are you emplying people used to give new players a chance and inovle them more?

bunch of hookers n cocaine
Gangster
Gangster

Post by bunch of hookers n cocaine » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:29 pm

what changed... well, being a new player back then was something common, because everyone was a new player, right? nowadays new players are so hard to come by for the simple fact that when you get experienced at the game you don't really wanna fuck with someone that doesn't have skills, back then everyone was joining the server so the influx of new players was constant, nowadays is hard to see a new player

and if somehow you come across a new player he doesn't stay for too long, because he doesn't feel accepted

yes, new players were accepted back then cause being new was something common.
for some reason old players are smelling their own fart nowadays and treating new players like they're dog shit

as pimpin hoes said, the server's going downhill because old players are leaving due many reasons (including some of those retard admins, most of them think they're better than the rest of the server, NOT ALL OF THEM), lack of server features and it goes a long way

meanwhile the new players that come by leave way quicker than the old ones for two simple reasons
1- economy's fucked up, there's no way for a new player to keep up with it
2- 95% of the server treats them like shit.

pimpin hoes
Gangster
Gangster

Post by pimpin hoes » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:48 am

pretty much everything this dude up here said

well, i didn't really have much of a problem getting money since i worked as a taxi driver and i entertained people with my roleplay, sometimes people tipped me 50k just because they got a laugh or two out of my ride, but i totally understand that as a new player this is almost impossible to happen.

Baldie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Baldie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 am

Liqweed
CRIP
CRIP

Post by Liqweed » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Those were the days my boy
Former role player and representative of
The Coonan Mob
Beasley & Associates
310 Idlewood Crips - Harmony Oaks

Malik
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Malik » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:03 am

Ass
Y'all want my respect, but can't even get my attention.

Return to “General Discussions”