What do you want to see out of the LSPD?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Bospy
Game Administrator

Re: What do you want to see out of the LSPD?

Post by Bospy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm

unlawfulact wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:06 am
This is something that I've wanted to bring up for a while now. Mustered up the courage to just go ahead and post it.

There's something that always bothered me during my stint(s) in the Police Department and that was the detachment that Staff Officers have from the entire faction. They don't mingle with the faction, when they go on duty they password their channels. They select the people they play with and don't really seem approachable. Granted, they're always one forum PM or teamspeak PM away from having a talk, but even then, majority of the time people get ignored. I still talk to Command members and Supervisors in PD and they still say they're completely ignored when they try reach Staff Officers about a problem or concern they have with a certain thing, or even if they just want to SO opinion on a subject.

I understand that not everybody wants an open channel for 1000 people to join and create party channels, completely understand. But for the longest time and correct me if you've changed the rule. But there was a rule that if you joined a channel of a SO without their approval you can be reprimanded and even worse. If you've changed that, great. But that still creates this barrier between SO and everyone else. Separating the group from the entire faction. I've always had a problem with this, because as you say. You guys are in noway shape or form above your members as you are still playing a game for enjoyment. So why the OOC barriers? I'd love to see more SO mingle with the faction and create a more enjoyable environment rather than segregating themselves into a small group of other Staff Officers in a channel.

tl;dr, it seems as if the leadership of LSPD is still highly unapproachable, as has the trouble has always been with leaderships for the longest period. Are their measure you are going to take/are taking to ensure this changes or what measures have you changed to make Staff Officers more approachable for faction members?
I've always been very approachable when it comes to random members of the faction - ask anyone, I have zero issues speaking to lower-ranked members. However, I often tell people to abide by the chain of command. If command officers and supervisors are going ignored when trying to reach through the chain of command, this is an issue they need to come back to me with - they can't just stop there and expect a fix. That's not how things work. I can't address an issue without being made aware of it.

It's not against the rules to join a channel with a staff officer in it, that's ridiculous. That's a 2014-era rule. They (and the group in there) aren't guaranteed to be open to you, but that's the case with any LSRP friend group.

In terms of the "segregation" - there is generally a practical reason for staff officers wanting to be alone, as with any LSRP member. The truth is there will always be friend groups on LSRP, and I can't force people to open their hearts to accept you - when people are offduty and in a channel together, they're likely playing a different game together, discussing something private, or things beyond that. It is not meant to be a way to set themselves apart from you or above you. In addition, some staff officers double as server management, and they have their own reasons for closing their channel entirely.

In terms of using voice channels to address concerns, the issue with this is that there is zero papertrail and it's much harder to translate to the entirety of staff. A papertrail with clear meaning is easy to discern rather than playing a game of telephone.

I'm not precisely sure how we're unapproachable, but I personally don't mind people reaching out to me for any reason. If other staff members are abrasive, you are welcome to address it with me, where I will address it with them. However, as I said, I can't necessarily force them to become your friend, as many of the staff officers reflect my philosophy in attempting to avoid any biases. There needs to be a level of diligence taken because if someone grows too comfortable with speaking in a channel with lower ranked members, it may result in loose lips. And, unfortunately, some people will harangue us (whether you know of it or not) and attempt to "kiss up" to us. I personally maintain a "professional" distance from all faction members to avoid this.

You should have no issues sending messages to your chain of command. If they have issues sending things to us, then they should come to me.
dzgapaan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:03 pm
What I mean is that Michael Westbrook's discharge was OOC and If I am not wrong for the corruption. Why would someone need to fill useless corruption permission blanks? Oh wait, It allows high ranks to metagame. I mean, you have an IA that has more like an OOC role than IC. I was talking about making a whole new agency where people will investigate corrupt cops and patrol streets like normal cops. If a cop performs an unrealistic corruption act then it can be dealt in an OOC forum report. There's no need to limit role-play with weird OOC boundaries. It was all I wanted to say. And yes, you are nota kid not to understand that in real life no drug, gun or prostitution ring can exist with out corrupt cops. What about prostitution spots? Every single cop knows where these kind of places are located in his jurisdiction, but how often you see their shut downs? If cop decides to confiscate drugs and then sell it why you should limit him in OOC? Have your IA agency and make them hunt on corrupt cops as cops hunt on criminals.
Michael Westbrook's discharge was in 2014. We don't metagame corruption, but we do address unrealistic corruption that reflects badly on the faction. End of Watch style behavior is not acceptable because it's highly unrealistic and goofy. If we removed all corruption permissions, people would make corrupt officers for the sake of it - they would roleplay being corrupt in a detrimental manner to roleplay.
Badman Mike wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:19 pm
dzgapaan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:03 pm
What I mean is that Michael Westbrook's discharge was OOC and If I am not wrong for the corruption. Why would someone need to fill useless corruption permission blanks? Oh wait, It allows high ranks to metagame. I mean, you have an IA that has more like an OOC role than IC. I was talking about making a whole new agency where people will investigate corrupt cops and patrol streets like normal cops. If a cop performs an unrealistic corruption act then it can be dealt in an OOC forum report. There's no need to limit role-play with weird OOC boundaries. It was all I wanted to say. And yes, you are nota kid not to understand that in real life no drug, gun or prostitution ring can exist with out corrupt cops. What about prostitution spots? Every single cop knows where these kind of places are located in his jurisdiction, but how often you see their shut downs? If cop decides to confiscate drugs and then sell it why you should limit him in OOC? Have your IA agency and make them hunt on corrupt cops as cops hunt on criminals.
why are u talking about michael westbrook when that was years ago under a completely different department?? IA is way better than it used to be and if ur caught IC with sufficient evidence, and end up being suspended, you'll be able to namechange and continue rping a cop without going through the academy process all over again

personally id like 2 see more community and politic focused rp like foot and bike patrols, internal quabbles, and monthly precinct meetings to go over crime statistics and budgeting
This is something we can handle and I'll forward it to the operations bureau.
I don't mind if you send me a PM for an outstanding ban appeal if I haven't answered within 48 hours.

CHIEF OF POLICE BAUDELIO HUERTA
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Brace
Forum Moderator
Ingame name: andy derwin

Post by Brace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm

unlawfulact wrote:
tl;dr, it seems as if the leadership of LSPD is still highly unapproachable, as has the trouble has always been with leaderships for the longest period. Are their measure you are going to take/are taking to ensure this changes or what measures have you changed to make Staff Officers more approachable for faction members?
I can confirm that this is not true. The LSPD's leadership is very transparent and open to everyone. There have been numerous times where I've easily been able to contact someone in either command or staff by different means — whether it is through the forums, TeamSpeak or Discord. The leaders of this faction are open to you getting better and having a good experience. It may not seem like this from the outside, but I guess you must be in the faction to actually know this.

unlawfulact
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by unlawfulact » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Brace wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm
unlawfulact wrote:
I can confirm that this is not true. The LSPD's leadership is very transparent and open to everyone. There have been numerous times where I've easily been able to contact someone in either command or staff by different means — whether it is through the forums, TeamSpeak or Discord. The leaders of this faction are open to you getting better and having a good experience. It may not seem like this from the outside, but I guess you must be in the faction to actually know this.
I was in the faction?

Brace
Forum Moderator
Ingame name: andy derwin

Post by Brace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 pm

unlawfulact wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm
Brace wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm
unlawfulact wrote:
I was in the faction?
I did not intend to take a dig at you with my response and I am sorry if you felt like I was attacking you in an edgy way. What I said was broad and for anyone who may share the same resent. I just felt the need to share my experience as a (semi) long-standing faction member so what you may have shared, which is totally fine since you actually felt that way and experienced this while in the faction, would not be taken the wrong way by another person who is not in the same position as yours.

unlawfulact
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by unlawfulact » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 am

I didnt think you were taking a dig at me. Im simply pointing out what I experienced and what people currently in the faction are experiencing. As Bospy said, if nothing is raised up to him, he can’t do anything. Which is completely fair, but there also has to be a point in time where you need to acknowledge that there might be problems and look into things rather than expect things to be brought to your attention.

Several members of the current PD who I am actively friends with share the same concerns about the faction being approachable. Its not just off my experiences.

Gibbz
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Gibbs Brown

Post by Gibbz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 am

unlawfulact wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 am
I didnt think you were taking a dig at me. Im simply pointing out what I experienced and what people currently in the faction are experiencing. As Bospy said, if nothing is raised up to him, he can’t do anything. Which is completely fair, but there also has to be a point in time where you need to acknowledge that there might be problems and look into things rather than expect things to be brought to your attention.

Several members of the current PD who I am actively friends with share the same concerns about the faction being approachable. Its not just off my experiences.
I apologize but the concern of being approachable makes me highly skeptical. It's not a concern that has been brought up since 2016, and your idea of the faction seems to be a bit outdated (as you mentioned a rule that we dropped two years ago).

I'm not sure how you can call faction leadership unapproachable when you're not in the faction, so I can only hope this is not influenced by your recent status/issues with the LSPD.
ASSISTANT CHIEF GIBBS BROWN
2IC, Los Santos Police Department

unlawfulact
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by unlawfulact » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 am

Gibbz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 am
unlawfulact wrote:

I apologize but the concern of being approachable makes me highly skeptical. It's not a concern that has been brought up since 2016, and your idea of the faction seems to be a bit outdated (as you mentioned a rule that we dropped two years ago).

I'm not sure how you can call faction leadership unapproachable when you're not in the faction, so I can only hope this is not influenced by your recent status/issues with the LSPD.
The last leadership of the faction towards the end was known for completely ignoring messages. Its always been a recurring problem for Chiefs. That was only last year. As I said before, I still talk to a lot of people within PD and they tell me its falling back to the way it was. Whether or not its truly like that, I don’t know. Im just pointing out a huge difference SD and PD have and why it could effect ‘the system’. By making assumptions that Im just bad mouthing the faction only makes me think you guys aren’t accepting criticism and are taking it personally. Im pointing out a problem I and many other people had and have. If you think its not a problem? Thats fine. It’s opinionated.

Ducky.
antidepressants and alcohol
antidepressants and alcohol
Ingame name: Lucas Hills

Post by Ducky. » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 am

I would love to see more chases on foot rather than instantly /taser and ending it within a second, takes out the fun in running away on foot.

Gibbz
Game Administrator

Post by Gibbz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 am

unlawfulact wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 am
Gibbz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 am
unlawfulact wrote:

The last leadership of the faction towards the end was known for completely ignoring messages. Its always been a recurring problem for Chiefs. That was only last year. As I said before, I still talk to a lot of people within PD and they tell me its falling back to the way it was. Whether or not its truly like that, I don’t know. Im just pointing out a huge difference SD and PD have and why it could effect ‘the system’. By making assumptions that Im just bad mouthing the faction only makes me think you guys aren’t accepting criticism and are taking it personally. Im pointing out a problem I and many other people had and have. If you think its not a problem? Thats fine. It’s opinionated.
I understand your point of view, but it also has to be taken into consideration that you were faction banned from PD for stirring drama, hence you can hardly blame faction leadership if your "criticism" is take with a grain of salt due to your history.

Nonetheless, thank you for submitting your opinion.

NotharCZ
Protect and Serve
Ingame name: Matthew Baker - L Street

Post by NotharCZ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 am

We don't tase people that run away on foot. We always try to use the slash tackle command. Tasing people as the first resort is highly against our internal procedures. I can assure you that the whole department is looking forward to making chases enjoyable for both parties - police and criminals.

Matthew Baker (Los Santos Police Department) and Lukas Keller (Keller & CO - club LaCorte)

unlawfulact
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by unlawfulact » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm

If you want to dwell on the past that is completely up to you.

Dynatron
Forum Moderator

Post by Dynatron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Ducky. wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 am
I would love to see more chases on foot rather than instantly /taser and ending it within a second, takes out the fun in running away on foot.
We have solidified the fact that the taser should be used as a last resort when it comes to people resisting arrest, we make every attempt to apprehend a suspect via other means first. We enjoy foot chases too and instantly using a taser is against policy and is punishable in character.

Michael_Dippolito
Borgata

Post by Michael_Dippolito » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:07 pm

PD could use a lot more James_Adkins, Bospys and Lawsons.

VaudeVillian
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: My Dear Melancholy

Post by VaudeVillian » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Would be nice to see increased efforts to get Major Crimes more active

Gibbz
Game Administrator

Post by Gibbz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Michael_Dippolito wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:07 pm
PD could use a lot more James_Adkins, Bospys and Lawsons.
Please clarify.
VaudeVillian wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm
Would be nice to see increased efforts to get Major Crimes more active
This is what I'm personally working on right now. I'm being very careful though, because we need to get Major Crimes active but at the same time we cannot do it at the expense of roleplay quality (e.g. attending every night club opening to hunt faction members, etc). So it's just a matter of working out a sensible way of investigating illegal factions.

Return to “General Discussions”